Where did you meet your other half?

tez162003

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like that some people have met others online, I do think it is the way things are going. So many people do it but don't admit it. It works surely? All there for the same thing, in the same situation so why not. I tried it for a while but I must be as ugly as a dogs backside as most just ignore me... :dry::lol:

There is no substitute for getting out and meeting people face to face, I don't have any experience of 'organised dating' but I'd have thought speed dating is more fun than scanning online info. At least you get to meet lots of real people and have a drink or two?

We both worked in the machine room at Barclays in Whitgift Centre Croydon in 1971. I was engaged to another girl but she broke it off (ooh er missus). I then got transferred to another branch and 6 weeks later my wife to be was transferred to a branch about 50 yards away from mine. On the day I proposed to her I had lost a push rod for 4 hours when re-conditioning the cylinder head on my A35 - it got wedged in a totally invisible place in front of the radiator where I could not see it. I finally arrived at her place at about 10.30pm in my oil covered overalls but despite all of that sad stuff she still married me. I am sure it was because the valves on my hand-painted Austin were so beautifully ground.

Im not far off 30 and met my current other half online...more by accident than anything. I got out of a 3 year relationship, gave the online thing a look out of morbid curiosity and here I am four months later.

There is allot to be said for online as it fits around work without the need to loiter in bars on the off chance that someone eligible walks in but there are a fair share of weirdos out there. One guy from the office picked up a lady admirer half his age. She was very normal on the surface but dig a little deeper and there were drugs, unemployment, bankrupcy and unresolved mentalness!!

Edited by 350Chris

Im not far off 30 and met my current other half online...more by accident than anything. I got out of a 3 year relationship, gave the online thing a look out of morbid curiosity and here I am four months later.

There is allot to be said for online as it fits around work without the need to loiter in bars on the off chance that someone eligible walks in but there are a fair share of weirdos out there. One guy from the office picked up a lady admirer half his age. She was very normal on the surface but dig a little deeper and there were drugs, unemployment, bankrupcy and unresolved mentalness!!

It's interesting to hear that there really are a fair few genuine success stories from online dating, and that they're not just made up by match.com et al. The thing I think I'd find wierd is that if you met up with someone from a dating site you both know exactly why you're there, and the idea of someone judging you purely on your value as a prospective partner from before you've even met is a bit odd in my mind. All my previous girlfriends I've known for quite a while before anything happened, so I suppose it might be that that makes be see it as wierd.

Or I could just be giving myself excuses not to try it :lol:

DB

Met her at school when I was just a youngster... knew her for years before but didn't like her as she was a bully to me and one of the cool rich kids... met up again years later (5th/6th year at secondary school) and fell for each other

Met her at school when I was just a youngster... knew her for years before but didn't like her as she was a bully to me and one of the cool rich kids... met up again years later (5th/6th year at secondary school) and fell for each other

And neil has been under the thumb ever since ............ lol

Had to like your post first just to unlike it :lol:

That will be shining bright!! I'm my own man, I'm the boss :teeth:

My now Wife was best friends with my best friends girlfriend. He'd gone out with her for about a year before I met all her friends due to me living abroad.

We met, we drank at my friends house, we hit some bars then a club, I impressed her with my awesome dance moves, we hit it off. A few dates later and then the rest is history. Our best friends split up though which was a shame!

Had to like your post first just to unlike it :lol:

That will be shining bright!! I'm my own man, I'm the boss :teeth:

Bitch lol