Tyre stretch question

The Chubby Ninja

Hi all. Ive just bought some rota wheels. 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9. The tyres on my standard wheels are pretty new so i was going to have them removed and put on the new wheels. Will these look really stretched on these wheels? Does anyone have a photo of standard tyres on this size rim? And also can you just get them fitted at a normal tyre place or is there only certain places that will fit them for you? Thanks in advance. Steve

i think the stretched tyre is the way of the r-tard. but if needs must and you have to ruin the car, i think you are looking at about a 1" difference in wheel widths; between the old wheel and the new wheel. you'd need to go check a r-tard website to check what is do able with a tyre.

I think it would probably work but it will change the rolling radius of the tyre so will put your speedo out, and may affect TCS.

Those wheels are only 0.5j wider than the rays so assuming you've got the standard sizes of 225/45 and 245/45 they might be fine on those wheels.

Toyo show the recommended width for each size of tyre, check the website of the manufacturer of your tyres to see if they have something similar.

Yeah ive noticed him being like that to a few other people aswell. I had to restrain myself from writing something back that could of got me banned because i really dont appreciate being called a r-tard. At least most people are helpful on this forum and im quite glad that my tyres will fit the wheels. Thanks for the help guys its very appreciated

He is a a jag driver man plus he only messes when he says stuff like that. Maybe cos I had a bag but I quite like the slight stretched look. Plus it will make the car sit a little lower. They used put the tiny tyres on there wide wheels on the cag forum and stretch the hell out of them.

Yeah ive noticed him being like that to a few other people aswell. I had to restrain myself from writing something back that could of got me banned because i really dont appreciate being called a r-tard. At least most people are helpful on this forum and im quite glad that my tyres will fit the wheels. Thanks for the help guys its very appreciated

sorry :blush: i write how i speak, what you get on the forum is the same as if i was down the pub with you. sadly typed sarcasm and humour or personality never come across on a forum.

to me this looks bad

IMG_6525_copy.jpg

but thats cos i'm not down with the kids. :lol: drifiting is what you do on a track by accident if you over cook a corner. as to me sliding is slower.

drifting1231459652.jpg

and stretched tyres are what you do when you've bought the wrong sized wheels for your car or can;t afford proper fitting tyres.

5620745109_d4f7a898d7.jpg

and cars with tons of camber look like the suspensions broken. but all this does not make me right; just out of touch.

i'm just an old school traditionalist with a flat cap and a wippet, might even start sewing my own elbow pads on my tweed jackets.

you'd be shocked at whats in fashion at the moment, alot of my male students are back into knit wear, and its the kind of jumpers my nan used to knit for me and i was never that sure on. think sinatra at christmas infront of the tree stylee :surrender:

i am suprising down with the kids, being i work with them every day, they keep me upto date with most stuff.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

i love the haters on this thread.....wait till i get a pic of how mind sits now :lol: Keyser s started callin me american uncle Bob.Got to love our american cousions modding styles.Stance and Low n Slow :teeth:

Edited by buster

i love the haters on this thread.....wait till i get a pic of how mind sits now :lol: Keyser s started callin me american uncle Bob.Got to love our american cousions modding styles.Stance and Low n Slow :teeth:

Agreed mines low, slow and stretched to f**k but I like it. It's not because I bought the wrong sized wheels but stretching the tyre is the only way to make them fit.

I like a little stretch as hate the look of square sidewalls, even though that is perhaps better for the tyre. Just a gentle curve is perfect :)

I much prefer a square sidewall, the squarer the sidewall and chunkier the tread the better. To me it makes the tyres look like they were designed for proper use, where as stretched tyres look like a page 3 model working as a bouncer outside a Millwall pub. :stir:

Hi all. Ive just bought some rota wheels. 18 x 8.5 and 18 x 9. The tyres on my standard wheels are pretty new so i was going to have them removed and put on the new wheels. Will these look really stretched on these wheels? Does anyone have a photo of standard tyres on this size rim? And also can you just get them fitted at a normal tyre place or is there only certain places that will fit them for you? Thanks in advance. Steve

Said it before and no doubt will again but Id run no bigger than 225 on an 8 and a 245 on a 9 anyway, thats not even stretched IMO. 225 on a 10J, now thats stretchy but it doesnt mean Ive not done it ;)