My new car...

Chan267

Was that you heading in the opposite direction on Hamilton Rd (A725) last Saturday morning, nice looking car for all of the brief second that i saw you.

Yeah that was me on my way to work, car was looking clean and shiny :thumbs:

:clap: Nice one Davy! Thought you were gone, last time we spoke you hadn't even test drove the 370z yet. Glad you got a nice one :thumbs: now to make it nicer :lol:

Hello mate, yeah I have been keeping quiet for the past few months as been busy with work, selling the 350z and writing a list of modifications that I will go through. No low bodykit for me this time as that was just bareable as a daily. This one will be subtle yet unique, well thats the plan.

New car and tax & tyres to sort out - ouch!!! I've just done my tax & P2 service but tyres desperately need doing.

Looks great and the mods will certainly improve things. Enjoy.

keep us updated on your tyre selection..........as mine are due soon now as well :wacko: - 12,000 miles does that seem about right ?

New car and tax & tyres to sort out - ouch!!! I've just done my tax & P2 service but tyres desperately need doing.

Looks great and the mods will certainly improve things. Enjoy.

keep us updated on your tyre selection..........as mine are due soon now as well :wacko: - 12,000 miles does that seem about right ?

I would recommend Michelin Super Sports, you can get a full set in OEM size for £745 (fitted).

lol nope they just are the best intakes for the 370z and a set came along at a good price so couldnt resist.

I will definitely update the post once I decide on tyres and will post some photos of the intakes when I get them fitted next week if I have time

• 2 weeks later...

well got my stillen intakes fitted and was really impressed with the kit itself. My mechanic said the fitting of the kit was pretty easy, just needed quite a few bits off to get the oem intakes off and the new intakes fitted. Some plastic trim was needed to get the intake pipes to fit through but wasnt a great problem at all.

I have driven the car for a few days now and the intakes have made the car quicker and are quiet intakes till you hit above 4k rpm or put your foot down then you hear the filters sucking in the air. I would love to take it to a dyno to see what gains it makes but going to wait till l get a few other mods before I get a remap done. The intakes look brillant and everyone who has saw them has said the same. Overall very impressed with the quality of the kit, fitting, gains and sound from these intakes so highly recommended.

photos were taken with iphone so not the best quality

F3C794EC-490B-4475-81C1-8A3EF7A58381-627-0000010CEF668EA7.jpg

2780887D-C1EC-4A4B-9372-639CAA0E96A2-627-0000010CE9869DDE.jpg

57B4D309-26CC-400A-B27A-551A33386EC9-627-0000010CF4A203DC.jpg

Edited by Chan267

Hey mate - car looks lovely. I pulled alongside you in the golf on the m8 about 2 weeks ago and was giving you a wave. It was pretty dark and I am certain you had no idea who it was. Mystery now solved - it was me! :lol:

I haven't been on here in a wee saw it on the motorway and instantly thought it was Jay. Wasn't until I saw your plates I realise you had made the change.

Hello craig,

I had no idea that it was you but thanks for clearing that up. Yeah l stuck my hazards on for you because l thought it was my other mate but guess it wasnt lol. It was late one night, l took the cut off for the east kilbride and you headed straight on.

Hows things? You swap the 350z for the golf or is that for your daily?

You are right! You headed towards EK and I continued down the M8.

The Golf replaced my shed before I sold the zed. Then I sold the zed and I still haven't replaced it with anything. Looked at Cayman S, exige and even 370z but I keep flip flopping so leaving it a while. Finding I have more money to spend without this modding.... :lol:

lol well its business to you mate and he gets to show off his shiny gold teeth :lol:

Craig, I have driven all those cars which all are amazing in their own ways but in my opinion the 370z was the better overall package that made me buy one. The exige S is amazing but using it as a daily would be a nightmare but would love one in the future.

Haha Jay, looking forward to the meet, ask Gman if he can go too if you got time. Need to get the service part done then will be making a couple of purchases. Two great items have caught my eye on the for sale thread.

Thanks for the comments too, love it and it was the right choice to make.

Go to what? Ha ha, nice ride there Davy B) Two white's cutting about Glasvegas eh? I'll need to add a bit of colour and fastness to you pair :lol:

Not been on for a while boys so I've a bit of catching up to do :surrender: .

• 1 month later...