What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

For anyone who still has the stock bumper car aerial they should screw it off, walk away from the car and view it from the rear, instant amazement at the difference it makes. Why Nissan didn't make it hidden, or at least shorter :dry:

For anyone who still has the stock bumper car aerial they should screw it off, walk away from the car and view it from the rear, instant amazement at the difference it makes. Why Nissan didn't make it hidden, or at least shorter :dry:

There are a lot of things Nissan could have done to the Zed to make it better but if they did we'd have nothing to mod and make them more unique to ourselves. :D;)

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more! The more I do to it/plan to do to it, the more I love it. After the wheel spacers were fitted and I started to see even the most basic potential I knew I'd caught zeditis, symptoms included spending large sums of money the same night on springs, brakes, premium plugs, oil, etc etc :wacko:

Couldn't agree more! The more I do to it/plan to do to it, the more I love it. After the wheel spacers were fitted and I started to see even the most basic potential I knew I'd caught zeditis, symptoms included spending large sums of money the same night on springs, brakes, premium plugs, oil, etc etc :wacko:

2e0ea24cef3313b41cc0da552fa04b5120ac1eb08b737dbf2691cd7c826b0ae5.jpg

• Like 1

Couple of pics when installing this kit today, obviously did rear aswel but no pics

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0126.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

No pics of it lowered but plenty on here already. Very pleased with this kit, ride is firmer and inspires harder, more precise cornering. Can't fault it, Tein.. nuff said

Edited by AndyZ33HR
  • Like 1

Back out again today. Needed new discs so went for the mtec/mintex combo after hearing very good reviews so figured it was worth a shot as they are a bargain and if they let me down I'll just go black diamond. These were just too tempting at about half the price! I don't do track days (yet) so didn't really 'need' serious performance discs anyway.

IMAG0130.jpg

Test fit

IMAG0131.jpg

With caliper

IMAG0133.jpg

Finale (wheels and car are filthy, will sort that tomorrow! )

IMAG0135.jpg

IMAG0136.jpg

Nice, lowered though!! I dislike speed bumps (loads in leicester) you lower lot must hate them lol, I got 25mm spacers all round look great, really suit it.

Tell me about it, my local council (blaby) put a load of them speed pillow

things near me and my cars not lowered (yet) and my exhaust got bashed by a high

one, it's seperated the back box from the rest of the system! But

it's the excuse iv needed to get my cobra system this weekend!

Thanks BillyJ, so far i find no issues with the combo but as you say it is early days, i need to wait until they are bedded in before I can really put pressure on them. They are quiet, no squealing (yet anyway). I would like to think these are a good oem spec replacement with a bit more performance/style being a bonus at an unbeatable price.

One thing i did find with mintex pads.. when they were pressed at the factory there was a slight lip of metal left on the lateral sliding edge meaning they did not slide nicely into a freshly cleaned caliper, i was not happy with how they did not 'float' when installed and thought they could jam/seize easily so i sanded them just a smidge on our belt sander and they slid in nicely just like the OEM's. If you don't have a sander a decent metal file would do or yours might not have the slight lip mine had.

For the price a little niggle was to be expected.

Edited by AndyZ33HR

Few random pics today fitting champion iridium plugs. No pics of plugs just random pics of bay and the rediculous amount of short extensions to make a suitably long extension to comfortably clear strut brace as too lazy to take it off again :blush:. As I'm out at the car nearly every other day fitting stuff I might aswell have my own thread but when that starts I fear it would inevitably lead to forced induction. If it wasn't so rediculously pricey :dry: I'm going to speak to a local tuner tomorrow so he can put me off the idea once and for all.. :lol:

IMAG0155.jpg

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

This is why you do your own maintenance. Can't rely on dealer(stealer) service stamps ;)

Bear in mind that is the outside face where all the dirt and debris gets drawn into the airbox, not the filtered inside face, it was very clean. Intake pipes were clean as a whistle also :) .

I took the pic to show the importance of filtering and how good a job it does.

Edited by AndyZ33HR
  • Like 1

Fitted Apexi cone filter this weekend.

Not expecting any real increase in performance, but the extra grunt at 3k - 4k RPM is very nice. ;)

Absolute nightmare actually fitting this "universal" system, as the adaptors supplied didn't fit the standard 350z MAF.

Managed with some clever adaptations and a bit of will-power to get it fitted in the end.

post-22068-0-62099200-1405336104_thumb.jpg

Fitted Apexi cone filter this weekend.

Not expecting any real increase in performance, but the extra grunt at 3k - 4k RPM is very nice. ;)

Absolute nightmare actually fitting this "universal" system, as the adaptors supplied didn't fit the standard 350z MAF.

Managed with some clever adaptations and a bit of will-power to get it fitted in the end.

post-22068-0-62099200-1405336104_thumb.jpg

Glad you managed to get it on! Nice work :thumbs:

Look at the state of that filter! :scare:

Look at the state of that filter! :scare:

not that bad should have seen mine!! On left is the backside both looked like the right one, car felt much better the next day..

post-22190-0-30489300-1405369454_thumb.jpgpost-22190-0-30489300-1405369454_thumb.jpg