What mod have you done today?

ddcboyle

Again nothing new or exciting to most of you but finally got round to spraying my front bumper :)

eba5ehu4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hi Lyndzzz, do you know the measurement of your number plate? I'm after one the same size

Again nothing new or exciting to most of you but finally got round to spraying my front bumper :)

eba5ehu4.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Hi Lyndzzz, do you know the measurement of your number plate? I'm after one the same size

Just what I'm after as well looking good. Where did you order from please and as Rocky said what size is it please. Thanks

Well, I was supposed to be fitting my Buddy Club Type A gear knob. Had a struggle getting the OEM knob off and ended up mangling it!

The Buddy Club knob was 12x1.25 instead of 10x1.25....! I was knob-less....

Had to get the old lathe into life and turn down some ratty wooden pole:

2z3w60j.jpg

Could do with some varnish but I actually quite like the feel of it. Got some good leverage, making changes a little easier...

Correct size Buddy Club should arrive tomorrow...

Having trouble finding the correct threaded Buddy Club knob so I decided to make a slightly more permanent knob out of nylon.

Made it bigger than the wooden one and a bit shorter. Really like it actually. Got more weight to it and still gives good leverage....could be a keeper.

2yxrg9l.jpg

Hard to see from the photo but there are 3 shallow grooves at the top and 2 larger ones at the bottom.

Also dipped my fangs last night:

ermt8p.jpg

Edited by ECG1000
  • Like 2

Well, I was supposed to be fitting my Buddy Club Type A gear knob. Had a struggle getting the OEM knob off and ended up mangling it!

The Buddy Club knob was 12x1.25 instead of 10x1.25....! I was knob-less....

Had to get the old lathe into life and turn down some ratty wooden pole:

2z3w60j.jpg

Could do with some varnish but I actually quite like the feel of it. Got some good leverage, making changes a little easier...

Correct size Buddy Club should arrive tomorrow...

Having trouble finding the correct threaded Buddy Club knob so I decided to make a slightly more permanent knob out of nylon.

Made it bigger than the wooden one and a bit shorter. Really like it actually. Got more weight to it and still gives good leverage....could be a keeper.

2yxrg9l.jpg

Hard to see from the photo but there are 3 shallow grooves at the top and 2 larger ones at the bottom.

Also dipped my fangs last night:

ermt8p.jpg

I dipped my fangs and rear valance, I found that the lower corners near the grill started to lift/bubble, so I tried again this time prepping it better but got the same result and had to remove it, let me know how it goes :thumbs:

I dipped my fangs and rear valance, I found that the lower corners near the grill started to lift/bubble, so I tried again this time prepping it better but got the same result and had to remove it, let me know how it goes :thumbs:

Mine's a bit dodgy round the top part of the teeth where they go into a point. I ran a blade around the edges of the painted area as soon as I finished spraying, hoping that dip wouldn't lift when I pulled the masking tape off.

Rear valance at the weekend and maybe badges...

I used a blade to score the dip, the rear is easier, I took the fog light out to do it

I'm convinced it's the heat coming through the grill tthat softens the dip and makes it lift, both times it looked perfect for a couple of days

Mine's a bit dodgy round the top part of the teeth where they go into a point. I ran a blade around the edges of the painted area as soon as I finished spraying, hoping that dip wouldn't lift when I pulled the masking tape off.

Quote within a quote :lol: .... iPhone !

Edited by GIXXERUK
  • Like 1

I used a blade to score the dip, the rear is easier, I took the fog light out to do it

I'm convinced it's the heat coming through the grill tthat softens the dip and makes it lift, both times it looked perfect for a couple of days

Quote within a quote :lol: .... iPhone !

Like Inception, but with quotes...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

So the paint on my roof is in pretty bad shape with lots of scratches, blemishes and lacquer peeling. I decided wrapping it would be the way to go. Wrapped it yesterday after claying the roof to get it a smooth as possible but the paint/surface is in such poor shape the wrap looked $@?! showing all the imperfections, so off it came :surrender:. I'll be taking her to my painter friend and getting it done properly!!

In order to have something to show for this weekend I painted the plenum and finished off the engine bay tidy up :thumbs:

IMAG0920_zpse9c24f3d.jpg

• Like 3

So the paint on my roof is in pretty bad shape with lots of scratches, blemishes and lacquer peeling. I decided wrapping it would be the way to go. Wrapped it yesterday after claying the roof to get it a smooth as possible but the paint/surface is in such poor shape the wrap looked $@?! showing all the imperfections, so off it came :surrender:. I'll be taking her to my painter friend and getting it done properly!!

In order to have something to show for this weekend I painted the plenum and finished off the engine bay tidy up :thumbs:

IMAG0920_zpse9c24f3d.jpg

Looks sweet, love the colour :)

Fitted side steps from Tarmac :)

u5ypugyp.jpg

e2enymuh.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looks sweet, got a set of these on my to do list, are you leaving them black or painting them ? :)

Nice looking zed btw ðŸ‘

Leaving them black :) I like the gloss black against the Gunmetal

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk