370z wipers

Zugara

Discovered that you can swap out the wiper blades on a 370 for £12.00

Just order these parts, refill wiper blades, fit yourself

28895-jf01a

28895-1ea0a

Cost a fraction of the price. I was quoted £37 for the drivers side wiper plus vat yesterday. :scare:

I must have been done !!!

just picked up mine and they cost alot more than everyone elses !! :rant:

they cost me £12.90 :angry::angry::doh::lol:

I got mine for £10.13 only cos I know the salesman.... ;)

That wink, it makes me uneasy :lol:;)

Agreed though £40 for wipers is stupid.

I must have been done !!!

just picked up mine and they cost alot more than everyone elses !! :rant:

they cost me £12.90 :angry::angry::doh::lol:

I got mine for £10.13 only cos I know the salesman.... ;)

That wink, it makes me uneasy :lol:;)

Agreed though £40 for wipers is stupid.

Hmmmmm.... Now you say that...... :scare::lol:

• 1 month later...

Did this about a few weeks after buying the car. I found that bending the wiper straight helps with fitting the new inserts, also remove the wipers from the car before fitting.

Cheapest ever visit to the dealers! Cheers for the part numbers.

Edited by robin c

go direct to your local dealer - give them the part number and its usually in next day

Thank you. Saw a tip in the paper last week, in an article about preparing cars for winter. "If your wipers are squeaky/ineffective", it said, "clean them with a rag soaked in dilute methylated spirits or vinigar". After cleaning the screan and wipers with white vinigar, I can report that they work perfectly and silently. No more squeak, judder or missed areas.

Edited by Fred020

go direct to your local dealer - give them the part number and its usually in next day

Thank you. Saw a tip in the paper last week, in an article about preparing cars for winter. "If your wipers are squeaky/ineffective", it said, "clean them with a rag soaked in dilute methylated spirits or vinigar". After cleaning the screan and wipers with white vinigar, I can report that they work perfectly and silently. No more squeak, judder or missed areas.

I always use white vinegar and clean off with newspaper, both inside and out and stops the smearing/fogging better than any glass cleaning stuff I have tried :thumbs:

• 2 months later...

Okay got them, but how to fit ?

I have taken the wiper blade off the car, but how do you extract the old rubber section and insert the new one ? Just force it ? Use a small screwdriver perhaps ?

just peel the end out and pull - if you need more help...................BBK will be along shortly :wacko:

Phew got them installed. I can recommend the service at Milton Keynes Nissan (parts). They gave me a discount because of a mix-up which had been entirely my fault, not theirs.

For others who happen along, a quick fitting guide.

1. Remove the blade form the car by depressing the tab under the centre of the holder and pushing gently downwards. It's easy.

2. Remove the old rubber from the housing by peeling back the rubber at the bottom of the blade and pulling it out.

3. For each wiper, you get a new rubber and two thin strips of metal that run down each side. Examine the rubber: from one end it looks square, but from the other end, there is a channel in each side. This is the end that points upwards, ie. towards the top of the windscreen. It is also the end that you insert first into the blade housing. Peal back the rubber at the bottom of end of the housing and gently push the rubber in. This is the trickiest bit. At first there is quite a lot of resistance but it gets less. Push all the way. That's about it really. Make sure the very last bit is seated properly and re-seat the rubber end.

Cheers,

Jim

• 2 months later...

So car needs a few things to bring it up to scratch and make it safe for an impending journey to York this weekend. Two new rear tyres, check, arrived today just like they said they would.

Wipers a bit shagged so, take careful note of the part no from here and decide to visit a dealer that has started selling Nissans and the same one I used for all my servicing needs on my old RX8. They have a dedicated parts dept so, I thought, should be a breeze!

My experience with them went like this:

Enters the parts dept where there are 3 blokes standing/sitting, young lad on a computer, older guy on a computer, even older guy standing behind them, they all look up in my direction and say......nothing, not a hello can we help, Hi mate, what can we do for you.......nothing.

Eventually I say to the oldest chap that was standing, "Hi, are you just waiting to go on the computer or are you serving?", "Both", says he, still not a "can I help you", .....nothing.

So I pipe up, holding forth the bit of paper with the part no's on it, "I'm looking for these", the old chap takes the bit of paper, shows it to the younger of the two, "what is it?" he says, "It's a bit of paper with two part no's that I require", I replied, adding, "They're inserts for wipers", that should get them typing them into the parts computer I thought.

"Is it wipers you are after?", asks the old guy, "Sort of it's the inserts for them, that's genuine part no's for them", I add. "You can only get the whole thing", he says, "but that's a genuine part no", I retorted. Bit of grumbling between them before they eventually, grudgingly type the part no in.

"There's two part no's on the paper", says the old guy, "That's right, one's the left and one's the right hand side", more mumbling ensues before typing in the second number, "Oh yes you can get those", he says, "I know", says I, "They're not in stock", he says, "can you order them, then", says I, "Yes", he says, "When will they be in" I ask, sharp intake of breath now by all three of them.

Two of them say in unison"Wednesday", "Great, what time will they be in for?" says me, a lot of humming and hawing then ensues before I ask, "What time do you close on Wednesday?", "5", was the reply, "Will they be in then?", further questioning needed I thought, "Should be" was the inadequate answer, "Can you order them for me and what price are they?", I was on a roll now, asking multiple questions in the one sentence, ""£8.24 and £4.36", came the answer.

"Great, I'll have two of each thanks"

I still have no idea whether they are ordered or if they'll be in on Wednesday! What a shower of useless twats, if I was their boss I they would be sacked!! So if you're after these parts, or any other part for your Nissan, avoid Taggarts, Motherwell, at all costs!! The most unhelpful crew I've ever come across, ever, bar none!

Why are storemen like this? Everywhere you go, they're all the same.

• Like 1

Got mine last from Westover in Poole by ordering over the phone - arrived in 48 hours and include the rear wiper but that had to include the holding section where the refills are inserted as the system was showing no inserts for them and that was more than double the price of the other two together .

But on checking the wiper size when I got them, the rear is the same length as the near side one and I can't see any reason why you cannot use that refill (the cheaper of the two fronts) in the rear holder, saving well over a tenner.

Oh, and make sure you put the narrow end of the inserts in first....... :blush:

Nice to have non-squeaking wipers again :)

• 4 months later...