2012 Singapore GP - life's a bitch...

Ebized

:teeth:

love this place and started well with a free room upgrade with views from the 19th floor to the Marina Bay grandstand turn and Raffles Boulevard straight. Night views from the room - sorry they are bit blurry - down to the humidity :blush:

roomview1_zps9da0d96a.jpg

roomview2_zpseb728fcb.jpg

Onto the circuit and found GP's waiting their first practice:

001_zpscd0244ec.jpg

View from near our seats at turn 1:

003_zps5189bce4.jpg

Couple of vids from our seats at Turn 1, including JB:

th_019_zps70382e28.jpg

th_017_zpsb93c4113.jpg

Lucky enough to get ann hour's pit pass just before second practice - so many faces you see on the TV and saw several drivers including Massa, Webber, Hamilton, Vettel, Pic, - the list was endless including the various presenters and team officials.......and Bernie.

Some pics of our time in the pits:

Tyre choice

017_zps130f17d5.jpg

Massa

021_zps3f71d71b.jpg

Hamilton hot-footing it:

024_zpsde5eea5d.jpg

The one and only Eddie

029_zps42b08794.jpg]

Then saw the last half hour of second practice from the Singapore flyer - the views are just awesome and you can see most of the circuit. Two vids from the flyer showing cars at the last turn before the straight and and you can even watch the racing on the various screens from on high :lol:

th_032_zps4fe6e435.jpg

th_074_zpsce0cb9d3.jpg

On the way out - how many Ferrari's would you like - one less than there should be though after a driver stuffed it on his first practice lap - Given the track was rathyer wet then. Wrote the front end completely. :scare:

031_zpsf5b3e236.jpg

Just finishing this before we go off to qualifying with the help of the hotels free wi-fi - damn, this is hard work :teeth:

ps - apolpogies for picture/vid quality and hope the vids are working OK, with the limited software I have on the laptop with me :surrender:

I suppose we'll let you off you old fart. :p:p:lol:

Enjoy it for all of us.

(I'm going out to sea this afternoon on a tall ship.)

Singapore GP or Tall Ship ??????--------------- OK you win :notworthy:B)B)

PS. Hope June is enjoying the GP as well. Hi June :wave::wave: .

I suppose we'll let you off you old fart. :p:p:lol:

Enjoy it for all of us.

(I'm going out to sea this afternoon on a tall ship.)

Singapore GP or Tall Ship ??????--------------- OK you win :notworthy:B)B)

PS. Hope June is enjoying the GP as well. Hi June :wave::wave: .

Don't forget the rum :D

Looks great Colin, nice vid work too considering the surrounding limitations such as humidity :lol:

I like the way you can see the rest of the action on the screens.

We to the Catalunya Grand Prix in 1999, no such luxury of big screens everywhere. We sat on a corner after the long sweeping straight half way'ish in the track, so we saw cars come into the corner and leave, but went horrifically deaf after the hour or so of racing. The term hear yourself speak rings true with F1. Still amazing to see.

Enjoy your hols both :dance:

Have I ever said anything nice abaout you ? If so I take it back .......... :lol:

Very jealous mate B)

Have a great time enjoy. :thumbs:

Do spare a thought for us watching the F1 on our B&W TV sat on an old milk crate. ;)

Have I ever said anything nice abaout you ? If so I take it back .......... :lol:

Very jealous mate B)

Have a great time enjoy. :thumbs:

Do spare a thought for us watching the F1 on our B&W TV sat on an old milk crate. ;)

B&W Bowers and Wilkins

B&W Black and White

Which one Chris :lol:

No access to laptop so no pictures from me...yet.

Finished Friday night standing next to last turn, the cars were less than 2 meters away!!! I've been to Silverstone but this is something else, these things are ferocious close up, makes the Ferrari and Porsche cars sound normal :D

Yesterday watched Marron 5 to finish the day off, cannot wait for the race, than got Katie Perry playing a gig and fireworks...it his place knows how to put on a show, the problem been I cannot see another GP matching this experience (come on Newyork ) :):)

Hi gangzoom :wave:

I know what you mean about how close you can get to the track in various places - here is an example from the 458 race of how close you can get as they brush the 'wall' :D

003_zpsc1d3272a.jpg

Of all the FI cars the Caterhams for me were the loudest with their exhaust note almost as as loud as the K1's (perhaps not as loud as Bennets though) :lol:

Following a quite eventful Saturday final practice/qualifying we arrived in the circuit to see the start of the Ferrari Challenge race

One driver - name on car F. H. ONDA, pulled out of the race on the first lap next to where we were standing and in the process of reversing into the safe area promptly reversed into the marshal's post :lol:

005_zpseed7c677.jpg

004_zps1ac29d1e.jpg

Hope you can the pics/vids OK, as I am falling asleep waiting for images to load :doh:

The rather well-fed driver seemed unconcerned - probably thinking of a good excuse for his money back towards the next drive ;)

Moved to our afternoon spot in the shade to see the GP2 race - with some good action

017_zps96ce022d.jpg

Aussie fans were out in force

008_zps75016b3b.jpg

And soaking up some of the atmosphere

011_zpsfa7555ab.jpg

013_zpsc0697cf6.jpg

Maclaren and Red Bull guys getting ready for the main event

010_zps25f04d4c.jpg

Drivers parade - a little different from the usual flat-beds andat least Lewis's chariot got him back to the start OK :lol:

007_zps993260c7.jpg

And onto the main event - usual quart into a pint pot at the ffirst turn with carbon fibre flying - thankfully all got round

th_035_zps23571897.jpg

And yes, from our vantage it was a bit of a procession after that until the safety car wanted a go - this was the position just before with JB catching One Finger, but after that it seemed JB had no more in the tank to offer a meaningdful challenge but at least Maclaren got a podium as consolation

th_045_zps6b070280.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but how comes there were 458s racing there the same sort of time as F1?

FI's GP2's, Ferrari & Porsche series - all part of the package at most F1 championship rounds and add up to making a great weekends racing and entertainment and yes, to draw in the crowds and the money. :D