Volk GTS wheels for a 370z

Jay

Hey guys and gals, I am about to purchase Volk GTS wheels from the member on here John Smith, but what I would like to know is will my orginal wheel nuts on my 370z fit the Volks or will I have to buy new nuts for it? I cant wait to get these on the car :yahoo::yahoo:

Here is the old for sale thread so you can see the wheels B)

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=57533

Looking at the recess sizes (which seem similar to LMGT4's) Jay, it looks doubtfull.

And remember the 370 nuts have the flanges so that if the seating area is any way convex towards the outer edges that would prevent their use, aside from the fact the 21mm OEM nuts and necessary socket look as though they might be a very tight fit. :shrug:

That aside, with such good looking wheels would it not be better to get better looking (and slimmer) nuts than the OEM ones anyway :surrender:

Did you not bid £900 for a set on eBay and said they were too much money for you?

The ones you bought were £1650 in the for sale thread? :shrug:

Jay is buying them from the person who bought those wheels that were listed on here for £1,650 ;)

Did you not bid £900 for a set on eBay and said they were too much money for you?

The ones you bought were £1650 in the for sale thread? :shrug:

The wheels where initially sold on here for 1650.... and now about 4 months later they are up for sale again, which I have bought privatley outside ebay :thumbs:

Hmm I would prefer to get new nuts for them... but dont know which ones to get... help peeps :lol:

you dont want tuner nuts on those wheels. They will look tiny and stupid. You will most probably just need a standard 17/19mm Hex Tapered nut, (most common nuts going). Just check the bolt seating is flat and not curved, (tapered or radius seating) I am 99% sure they will be tapered.

I have a set of brand new 19mm closed black ones if you wanted black. Exactly the same as these.

224198_10150183550947334_5662908_n.jpg

Cant see the link (this stupid browser doesnt get on with DW) but if they are internal drive slimline nuts with an M12 x 1.25 those are the puppies, Ive got them fitted on my SSR's which have similar stupidly small nut wells, comme ca:

IMAG0116.jpg

Id wager the boys would refund you if they didnt fit anyway :thumbs:

Yes they would fit, however with them being quite long in length, they would stick out of your wheels miles. Look at image 3 of the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=110926698508&nma=true&rt=nc&si=bRMiM%252FJd%252BmjiX2aKdoqGWe6qy9o%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1736wt_1397

If thats the look you want, then those nuts are fine. If not something like this is better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-BLUE-TPI-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-FOR-NISSAN-X-TRAIL-/180526745013?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item2a083b85b5#ht_602wt_1397

It says Xtrail on that specific listing but its the correct nut. 12 x 1.25 tapered.

Yes they would fit, however with them being quite long in length, they would stick out of your wheels miles. Look at image 3 of the listing.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=110926698508&nma=true&rt=nc&si=bRMiM%252FJd%252BmjiX2aKdoqGWe6qy9o%253D&sspagename=STRK%3AMEDWX%3AIT&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc#ht_1736wt_1397

If thats the look you want, then those nuts are fine. If not something like this is better.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20-BLUE-TPI-ALLOY-WHEEL-NUTS-FOR-NISSAN-X-TRAIL-/180526745013?pt=UK_Cars_Parts_Vehicles_Wheels_tyres_Trim_Nuts_ET&hash=item2a083b85b5#ht_602wt_1397

It says Xtrail on that specific listing but its the correct nut. 12 x 1.25 tapered.

Thanks mate, appreciate that :thumbs: I quite like the sticky out nuts especially the neo chrome ones :blush:

I like the look of them but I dont really want to spend £100 odd quid for bolts lol :blush:

Skinflint :p

Come on you buy some great wheels, so get some great nuts to really set them off - you know its the only way :bangin:

Internal drive is not advised unless its a last resort. Not as good an engagement with the socket piece and more likely to round off.

Sorry, explain how an internal nut is more likely to round off, if it fails it will split and you can still remove it? All of my drifty mates use them, we havent had any problems and we are doing up and undoing more than most. :shrug:

For reference as well, the internal drive nuts I was talking about wont stick out anything like the lug nuts in the pictures tez has posted, Ive also got a set of KICS R40 Neo Chro's and dont use them for this exact reason - these are them on a Gram Light, which has a deeper well than a GTS but less than my SSRs on the last page:

Zedrim2.jpg

If you want KICS (which also have the floating washer bit) I have a mate selling a set for £100, but Im not sure they would work with your rims. There is also the KICS R26 lug nuts (26mm as opposed to 40mm) but Im still not sure they would work .......... and they are bastard expensive new. :wacko:

I like the look of them but I dont really want to spend £100 odd quid for bolts lol :blush:

Skinflint :p

Come on you buy some great wheels, so get some great nuts to really set them off - you know its the only way :bangin:

Yes skint now lol and I have no idea on which bloody bolts to buy as I really would like the neo chrome ones

Edit :

What do you guys think of these?

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.p ... oduct=6297