C5UPE needs a new owner *SOLD

coldel

Yeah I know Dave, there might be someone who wants something already up to speed vs stock and come and take a look (have two watchers on ebay :shrug: ) so will see how it goes. If not then I would consider a drop to £9k without the plate and sell the plate separately.

I would definitely sell the plate seperately as not everyones cup of tea really or just take a hit on the plate as its a luxury thing and one that a lot of people cant justify right now...

Difficult times, but in your position I would strip as much as I could to maximise the cash & possible sale.... as you say someone might fancy it as it is but most newbies on here looking seem to have a 6-8k budget to be fair :surrender:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did an online valuation of the plate and a couple of companies have come back with the valuation I got before, so would be crazy to let it go with the car without appreciating the value of it.

£9k without the plate might be a better sell than £9999 with it on, and hell, I will be up compared to selling them together.

I just did an online valuation of the plate and a couple of companies have come back with the valuation I got before, so would be crazy to let it go with the car without appreciating the value of it.

£9k without the plate might be a better sell than £9999 with it on, and hell, I will be up compared to selling them together.

If you are planning on taking the plate off, get those forms in the post now as it currently is taking 2 weeks. I know as i did mine a few weeks back.

The problem you have though, is that you need to change the address on the v5 first which will take 2 weeks or so, then put the plate on retention = another 2 weeks. So your looking at 4 weeks at the quickest before you`ll be in a position for someone to drive away with the car, with the value of the car dropping every month.

Id definitely look at returning it to standard if possible as like someone else on here said, the money your looking for can get someone a minter 313 HR zed. So anything you can do to bring the price down to make it more appealing to Joe Public is definitely a plus, as at the end of the day Joe Public will be comparing this against other 2004 cars which maybe cheaper.

Coldel you cant do this to me :thumbdown: Im always looking at your car at the SE meets and it's the best and fastest colour aswell B)

All the best for the sale and I would bite your hand off if I was looking and had 10k to get a Zed especially with your mods etc. Good luck with the sale though!

Think very wise choice to remove plate and sell at £9k

At £10k I really did not give much attention to the add but at £9k have read all the posts and went and looked a build thread.

Lovely looking car and good luck with sale

If you are planning on taking the plate off, get those forms in the post now as it currently is taking 2 weeks. I know as i did mine a few weeks back.

The problem you have though, is that you need to change the address on the v5 first which will take 2 weeks or so, then put the plate on retention = another 2 weeks. So your looking at 4 weeks at the quickest before you`ll be in a position for someone to drive away with the car, with the value of the car dropping every month.

Id definitely look at returning it to standard if possible as like someone else on here said, the money your looking for can get someone a minter 313 HR zed. So anything you can do to bring the price down to make it more appealing to Joe Public is definitely a plus, as at the end of the day Joe Public will be comparing this against other 2004 cars which maybe cheaper.

Still looking for these minter 313s online and really not finding them though...something of a forum myth I think people are coming around to realising - when on autotrader I found 22 313 cars and 3 of them less than £10k, average price of 313s on most sites is circa £13 and people looking for these on advice from the forum are not finding them as per some recent threads.

Understand my car is more than other 2004 cars, effectively though they are getting the upgrades at less than half used price, so if they have plans to mod its a good buy, if not, then they move on which is fair enough.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

This is really bad news, give them their money back, you're not well, you need medication, counselling, have you been taking medicine lately!!!

I will never forget this photo

40.jpg

Whatever your plans, I hope that you're back in a Zed soon. :console:

I have told the guy to get himself signed up on here, so you will still see 'coupe' around, he seemed up for going to meets and chatting Zeds...will just have to see what I go for next...who knows...

Still looking for these minter 313s online and really not finding them though...something of a forum myth I think people are coming around to realising - when on autotrader I found 22 313 cars and 3 of them less than £10k, average price of 313s on most sites is circa £13 and people looking for these on advice from the forum are not finding them as per some recent threads.

Understand my car is more than other 2004 cars, effectively though they are getting the upgrades at less than half used price, so if they have plans to mod its a good buy, if not, then they move on which is fair enough.

When I searched a few weeks back there were several 313's on autotrader for less than £10k, but as before the prices of zeds seem to vary wildly, more so than many other cars. There's a garage I know not far from mine who happily tries to sell 2004 zeds for £11k or £12k.

Looking on Autotrader just now. National search theres 7, 313 zeds for sale.

Cheapest is £9995 for a grey 57 plate 313 with 66000 miles. Next is £10295 for a 07 313 Roadster with 70k on it + navigation. My favourite atm is the Orange 57 plate 313 with 51k on it for £10450. Theres another 4 on there under £11k.

Assuming you can knock the normal couple of hundred quid off the asking price dealers expect then you`ll be looking at £9500->£10000 for a 313. And those are top wack dealer prices with warrenties. If you bought privately you`d expect the prices to be £1500 less than dealer prices.

Im really pleased that you got an offer so quick, nothing worse than having a car sit around for ages.

Cheers!

Sorry Ian! Absolutely gutted to see her going, just have to hope that sometime in the near future I can get another toy!

Well you will be in a very good position with no part ex to worry about! Unless I get there before you and snap up the vx or elise your about to buy. :thumbs:

Reuben just drove off with it, theres me giving him advice about handling a Zed and being massively anal about looking after my car and then I ask his profession, hes in the army, drive challenger tanks...think he will be ok

...watching it drive off, Vik you were right, shouldn't have :byebye:

He said he would join the forum though so should see 'coupe' around still :thumbs:

Reuben just drove off with it, theres me giving him advice about handling a Zed and being massively anal about looking after my car and then I ask his profession, hes in the army, drive challenger tanks...think he will be ok

He said he would join the forum though so should see 'coupe' around still :thumbs:

Always a bit of a gutting moment watching your car drive off. Its like having someone run off with your girlfriend...... :(

Sad day mate, only one thing for it........................................operation sh*tfaced :lol::drunk::drunk:

Always a bit of a gutting moment watching your car drive off. Its like having someone run off with your girlfriend...... :(

:nono:

More gut wrenching than that, bunny :(

I told you to stay in the house! :console:

You'll feel better looking at the bank balance though ;)