MP4-12C

oj121

Got told off by the wife today coming home. I was buzzed by an MP4 on the way home and just wanted to try and follow it to look and admire.........I think thats fair??? :p

God it was nice in the metal :cloud9:

I also felt like I was in a mini MPV following it I was that much taller. They really are very low to the ground. I didnt realise just how much.

He then squirted the loud peddal! :scare:

The Zed is a VERY slow car :byebye::dry:

Its amazing how a relatively quick car like the zed gets turned into a wallowing bus of a vehicle by these things. First one I have ever seen and hope its not the last. Was truely amazing!

they are very nice cars, pinnacle of engineering would love to have a sit in a mclaren

as for the zed, most hot hatches can keep up with it, but its a nicer place to be than most of them, and draws more attention than a hot hatches does.

Well it will hold its own against all but the hyper hatches. I know its not really slow (or an F1 car). It was a bit tongue in cheerk just how fast the MP4 is. When hammering along in your Zed its hard to imagine something going past you like your old doris doing 15mph in a 40! Puts performance cars into a real perspective.

Well it will hold its own against all but the hyper hatches. I know its not really slow (or an F1 car). It was a bit tongue in cheerk just how fast the MP4 is. When hammering along in your Zed its hard to imagine something going past you like your old doris doing 15mph in a 40! Puts performance cars into a real perspective.

the boys in their 1.6 corsa's probably say the same as the zed shoots past.

the bloke in his porshe boxster probably said the same when he tried to undertake me in the XKR and failed :lol:

Nothing is faster than a Corsa with the rear seats folded down. Nothing.

I don't like the MP4-12C. It's ugly on the outside, and they've had to engineer character into the car because owners were complaining. I expected more from McLaren.

There's just something about seeing a super/hyper car that make you NEED to follow it. When I was 17 and on a 125cc motorbike (yes motorbike, not scooter :p) I seen an F40 driving passed and I just had to follow it... for all of 8 seconds until he changed into 3rd lol

Today I was in the girlfriends Kia and seen a small posse of Skylines and 300ZX's (Z32) I really really wanted to follow and join in, but it would be a bit odd tagging along in a Picanto :bang:

I've seen a few of them and to me they just look like a slightly better version of a lotus. I don't doubt the awesome performance, but the car just doesn't look like a supercar to me. Driving for a good 20-30 miles along the Ligurian coast just after passing the French border playing chase with an Enzo was a whole different story :)

I would tend to agree that the outside of the Mclaren is a little lacking compared to its competition, however, the inside is just brilliant. Between the 458 interior and the Mclaren, the Mclaren is a clear winner imho. Its alsve very comfortable too - even for a carbohydrate fan like myself.

I would have fully agreed about the lack of passion and distinction in the styling, until seeing one in the flesh. I thought they looked a bit Korean and generic until standing in front of it, but it somehow made a lot more sense...I'm sure it would make even more sense behind the wheel!

The spider version is coming soon too - got a little invite to go have a look :)

Where are you going? There is a Macca dealership about 4 miles away from me :)

Actually, within a five mile radius of me there is Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche and Mclaren dealerships :D