Grey Suits

Dblock

*Random content*

I don't get to wear a suit very often. Its usually a special occasion when I do. I do like wearing one though I feel like a real business man or high flyer. A good suit makes a man look sharp and sophisticated . A good suit can make a fat man look thinner or a skinny man wider. People treat you differently when wearing a nice suit. They speak to you differently, treat you like your important. Which is good. I'm sure the whole point of a suit is to make you look smart and presentable so if your doing a deal you look professional, suave and like a go getter.

So why do people wear grey suits? When I look at someone wearing a grey suit I think loser, meaningless person and that they have given up not only on their job but their life. A grey suit is horrible. It impress no one. It makes you look scruffy. It makes you look unimportant. It shows you dont care and your not going anywhere. It shows your most likely bad at your job and you think your more important than you are. Any suit I mean ANY suit looks better in jet black or blue or anything darker than grey. I really hate them grey shiney material suits too :yuck::yuck:

If I did wear a suit everyday for work I'd have nice suits. I went with my friend to buy a suit once. Burtons where only £30 cheaper than Slaters. Slaters suits are awesome and customer service is spot on aswell, They can even taylor it for you. My dad says Italy is great for suits as its fairly cheap for the quality of work and your getting a custom fitted suit. You see some people with horrible fitting suits and they say I hate wearing this its so uncomfortable but a well cut suit is quite nice to wear.

So does anyone agree or disagree? :lol: Yes random I know. :teeth:

It has more to do with the cut of the suit, the fabric than the colour. I've seen many stunning suits in shades of grey. Anything well cut, say, Ermenegildo Zegna suit or the like. Superb. But you are talking a reasonable wad of dosh for one.

I have a few grey suits and I love them to be fair. I do however feel that they are slightly less formal so I wear mine to seminar's and conferences etc where it's business dress but you don't need to look ultra professional. :)

Blue suits look better than grey? What u been smoking? :lol: blue suits are 1990s I think they look tacky

Grey can look very classy and modern. I wore a grey suit on my wedding with a gold cravat and waistcoat. I didn't see anyone with a black or blue suit out dressing me ;):lol:

Blue suits look better than grey? What u been smoking? :lol: blue suits are 1990s I think they look tacky

Grey can look very classy and modern. I wore a grey suit on my wedding with a gold cravat and waistcoat. I didn't see anyone with a black or blue suit out dressing me ;):lol:

Are you sure :p

Depends what sort of blue aswell.

That John major comment is spot on. Some people wear grey pinstripe suits :yuck:

Who has to wear a suit for work?

I have a couple of suits, Just recently bought a charcoal 3 piece and really like. Different people look better in different colours. Personally my favourite wear is a dark black pinstripe Armani suit.

Any suit bought has to be tailored to me due to my bizarre body shape :lol:

Dude you are sooo wrong blue suits are very in vogue at the moment. I have a grey suit with a shadow pinstripe which is my fab at the moment.

Shiney grey definately a no-no. However charcoal is another matter ;)

Im wearing a charcoal suit right now at a wedding. B)

Sacrilege - you're at a wedding you should have a kilt on ;)

I normaly do but I bought new suit so thought i wuld try it out (gf friends wedding,saves on hire/desiding :teeth:

i only own 1 suit and its for weddings funerals interviews etc. its my favourite so far that i've ever owned. its a charcoal grey ted baker suit with an awesome purple lining. and the cut on it; is as if it was tailor made for me. my last suit my wife picked for me and it was a blacky brown colour, she said and many others did that it suited me, but i hated it. never felt comfortable in it. if i was to have another suit i would have a black suit just for funerals as i do wish when i was at them that i had something more somber for the occasion.

as for me in a suit i'm feeling brave some are my own others are morning wear for weddings.

My new favourite suit

301680_10150787545660534_4241177_n.jpg

brothers wedding, morning dress

58594_10150274115595503_6645019_n.jpg

horrible brown suit

29770_10150204322340534_2731965_n.jpg

My wedding morning dress

367_60493650832_3413_n.jpg

so i've been brave who else is feeling daring :lol:

Moss Bros hire suit....... (4 weeks ago, £99 to hire)

Champagne.jpg

Poxy tie/cravat thing was a nightmare to tie up on my own!

P1010107.jpg

The two suits I own are both Black, not sure I'd actually fit then though as I'm now only a 32" waist and the suits were 34".

Am I correct in thinking though that certain styles and cuts of suit should always be reasonably in fashion? As a builder there isn't much general call for a suit so I've always paid a bit more for a better quality one!!!