HELP, Rear panel scratched open :(

Surf

My 370z which was parked by the road side and the rear side panel got scratched open (like surgery) by a lorry the other day. Any ideas where is the best place to get it replaced? And how much is that gonna cost me?

Really appreciate some help here :( Pics as below...

Thanks guys :)

I did not guy the details of the lorry as he just drove away, and my insurance excess is 3000. So i guess its bit pointless speaking to them and losing my no claims bonus. Was just wondering if anyone has heard of good / reliable / fair bodyshop around the country?

3k excess!!! Are you bonkers????

It will be an expensive fix no doubt but still doable. The rear quarter is welded on. Pm zmanalex for a quote for a new wing and see a body shop for professional advice.

Sollis Panelcraft in Harlow. I've used them for paint repairs on my old Azure Zed which is hard to match, and my brother used them for replacement bumper and paint across the car on his Temper Zed, which is even harder to match! Very professional, and the quality of the end result is second to none. :)

Blimey, that's some 'scratch', a real shame. Complete pisser the lorry driver didn't stop but I don't think I'd expect anything else if I'm honest. Would be interested to heard what sort of quotes you're looking at (just idol curiosity!!).

I would definately consider repairing that as it is certainly doable. :thumbs:

The last thing you want to do is start cutting off a rear quarter panel. :thumbdown:

There will be no tell tale signs if you find a decent repairer, however you can ALWAYS tell if it has had a new quarter panel fitted.

Alex. :)

If l owned a 370 and l could get that rear quarter for under £200 I would be tempted to buy it. That has to be £600 new!

I agree with what the others say.

If someone has the ability to do an invisable repair then go for it.

Sounds like you got your insurance of a comparason site with £3000 excess.

Could l suggest that you do what I have done, and since some of the others have installed them.

This is the cheaper one but you dont get software with it but very usable at £40.

Which I have in the runaround.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-TAXI-HACK ... 3a71bf3365

I have this one in my Zed, Brillient as it comes with software. front and rear camera and microphone.

It is being recommended by insurance companys because of the rising amount of false insurance hits.

In your case it would have been your salvation.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAXI-CAR-CCTV ... 33683ff62b

:drive1

Could l suggest that you do what I have done, and since some of the others have installed them.

This is the cheaper one but you dont get software with it but very usable at £40.

Which I have in the runaround.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-TAXI-HACK ... 3a71bf3365

I have this one in my Zed, Brillient as it comes with software. front and rear camera and microphone.

It is being recommended by insurance companys because of the rising amount of false insurance hits.

In your case it would have been your salvation.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TAXI-CAR-CCTV ... 33683ff62b

:drive1

I can see the use for these in a Taxi, but in a 2-seater coupe?

Don't you think a car thief would notice a big black box on suction cups and just rip it off and throw it out the window?

The Roadhawk system is increasingly popular amongst the folks on PH. Depending on how you view your own driving, they're either a fantastic idea or a wonderful piece of evidence for your own prosecution.

Must admit, I'm tempted.

Ouch! When someone dinged the back of mine, i was looking in the region of £2000 to have a replacement rear 1/4 put in and a repair to the rear bumper, so i would expect to pay a little more due to the fact your near london!

Complete shitter though mate! hope you get it sorted to a good standard again!

If you were to go down the insurance road, would the car be recorded as CAT D?

if so how what effect would this have on any future resale value :shrug:

Definitely not. The car is not a TOTAL LOSS, it would merely be repaired at the insurance company's expense. However the problem if I have read it correctly is the OP's huge excess.