Greetings from Afghanistan

Morning all. Just joined the site to find some info so thought I'd better do the polite thing and say hello.

I'm overseas til Christmas and need something to fill the time so am planning my next project. I've found a 52 plate JDM 350Z and want to transplant the engine and running gear into a 180SX drift car. I had the rolling 180SX shell picked up a few weeks ago so have most of the basis for the job, and if it gets crashed I can lift it all out as I have quite a stash of S13 shells in waiting.

What I need to do next is find some ECU pinouts and electrical diagrams and start working out what does and doesn't need to be kept for the conversion. I'd like to keep it as simple as possible and lose as much of the unnecessary gubbins as I can get away with and once it's up and running get an UpRev remap from Jez Horsham. I know the conversion has been done a lot in the USA but as far as I know there are none or very few in England, which is the main reason for wanting to carry it out. I'm fully aware that I'm going to end up with a 300 odd bhp engine where I could just crank up the boost on an SR20DET and be done with, but that kind of defeats the object for me.

Anyway, hello :)

:welcome:

Jez know knows both cars well so to be fair he'd probably have some helpful answers for you.

:thumbs:

Yep, he is an experienced guy. He's mapped a couple of my cars and I know his work is good and see he has done a fair bit on the 350Z so thought he'd be the one to map/tweak it if required.

Thanks for the welcomes everyone :)

Great stuff, thanks very much.

Cheers for the warm welcomes everyone, I wasn't sure if coming onto a forum with the intent of just using the engine and running gear from the car would be received too well.

Proper updates won't come for a while as the cars are at home, but I will post up as and when.

Great stuff, thanks very much.

Cheers for the warm welcomes everyone, I wasn't sure if coming onto a forum with the intent of just using the engine and running gear from the car would be received too well.

Proper updates won't come for a while as the cars are at home, but I will post up as and when.

Look forward to seeing your build that you can add in here :thumbs:

viewforum.php?f=176

• 3 months later...

Thanks all.

Now I've got the car and had a bit of an appraisal of its condition, I think it would be a shame to dismantle it for the running gear as it's in pretty good nick. The front bumper has had a whack and it needs a couple of bits and the emissions sorting out but on the whole while it's no minter it will make a decent road car.

Time will tell though as it's still a few weeks til I get home :D