Euro 2012

LRF4N

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not all that bad guys, look at France they hardly covered themselves in glory. Look at the Dutch!

I think we are hard to beat, given the lack of any real talent in the team what else are you meant to do? How else can you set the team up?

We topped the group, when everyone predicted us being on the plane tomorrow.

Its not all that bad guys, look at France they hardly covered themselves in glory. Look at the Dutch!

I think we are hard to beat, given the lack of any real talent in the team what else are you meant to do? How else can you set the team up?

Agreed but we are making too many mistakes and we cant keep the ball. Still yes we won and they deserve congrats, just wish we were better because the next games are going to be a big step up.

How else to set it up? Easy.

Terry should play left centre-back next to Cole like at Chelsea.

Jags should play right centre-back and Lescott move to right back getting rid of the ridiculous Johnson.

Parker and The Ox in front of the back four. Parker needs more energy next to him and The Ox can play this role. See game against Milan for proof.

Attacking midfield 3 of Gerrard, Walcott and Young. Send Milner home to avoid any more embarrassment.

Defoe up front.

Simples.

Jags should play right centre-back and Lescott move to right back getting rid of the ridiculous Johnson.

Parker and The Ox in front of the back four. Parker needs more energy next to him and The Ox can play this role. See game against Milan for proof.

Attacking midfield 3 of Gerrard, Walcott and Young. Send Milner home to avoid any more embarrassment.

Defoe up front.

Simples.

Do you actually watch football as that one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read???

Lescott at right back?? (he's left footed)

Ox as a defensive midfielder?? (he's a winger who had one decent game in the middle)

Defoe as a lone striker?? (The shortest guy in the squad to win balls against 6' defenders on his own?)

Nothing like playing people out of position :lol:

Defoe up front.

Simples.

Do you actually watch football as that one of the most ridiculous posts I've ever read???

Ox as a defensive midfielder?? (he's a winger who had one decent game in the middle)

Defoe as a lone striker?? (The shortest guy in the squad to win balls against 6' defenders on his own?)

1 - Best left back of all time? Maldini. Right-footed. To get the best out of Terry he should be on the left. It's a means to accommodate that move. And get rid of idiot boy Johnson.

2 - Who said the Ox was defending? We need pace hence bringing in the Ox, Walcott and Defoe. Wenger doesn't see him as a winger. I see his long-term position as a central player.

3 - Gerd Muller was tall wasn't he? Tevez? Greaves? Pele? All under 5' 9" I'd say. Defoe is a better goal-scorer than Rooney and he doesn't make me feel sick when he talks which helps

It doesn't matter which formation or players we use our squad is just not good enough and don't play like a team enough to compensate for lack of ability like say the Greeks or Danes have done so well in the past.

Too many of the squad are not even regulars in their club teams let alone world class footballers. I hope we put up a brave fight against the Italians and who knows we may get lucky but if we don't perform a lot better than the last 3 games then it could be embarrassing...

Nail, head :thumbs:

It doesn't matter which formation or players we use our squad is just not good enough and don't play like a team enough to compensate for lack of ability like say the Greeks or Danes have done so well in the past.

Too many of the squad are not even regulars in their club teams let alone world class footballers. I hope we put up a brave fight against the Italians and who knows we may get lucky but if we don't perform a lot better than the last 3 games then it could be embarrassing...

It is the worst England team i've ever seen, but being so hard to beat, means they will do just as well as the much better teams of the last few years.

We have a chance against Italy, who themselves are not massively threatening in attack.

I just wish it wasn't so bloody boring to watch. :yawn:

That Italy game has the potential to be the worst game of football in history.

Team should be:

Anyone else at right back, johnson is a joke. Where's Micah Richards? :(

Start with Walcott and Young on the wings, same central pair. Where's Adam Johnson? :(

Then Rooney and Caroll up front, but bring Defoe on for Rooney at half time if he's as bad as last night.

Defoe up front.

Simples.

:doh: Do you follow football?

Johnson has arguably been our best defender at the tournament - Lescott is left footed!

Ox in front of the back four? An attacking winger? One game is not 'proof' - he will get destroyed there at international level

Walcott cant play down the middle, as we have seen time and again

Have to say surprised Defoe hasnt had more time on the pitch, I am not as impressed by Wellbeck as everyone else seems to be. He scored that goal, but otherwise his play has generally been quite wasteful - would never stick Defoe up front on his own though he wouldnt touch the ball

From what I have seen, the two banks of four have operated really well as a unit - some slack marking against the Swedes was at fault for the goals, not the system. Teams hate playing against this England team, you can see it all too clear, yes it doesnt look pretty but as I said I bet you sack of rice you wont see any England fans complaining if they go all the way in this tournament.

It is the worst England team i've ever seen, but being so hard to beat, means they will do just as well as the much better teams of the last few years.

We have a chance against Italy, who themselves are not massively threatening in attack.

I just wish it wasn't so bloody boring to watch. :yawn:

That Italy game has the potential to be the worst game of football in history.

Team should be:

Anyone else at right back, johnson is a joke. Where's Micah Richards? :(

Start with Walcott and Young on the wings, same central pair. Where's Adam Johnson? :(

Then Rooney and Caroll up front, but bring Defoe on for Rooney at half time if he's as bad as last night.

I am still confused by all the anti-Johnson views, have people watched the three games properly without tinted glasses? He hasn't done much wrong, and has on occasion bailed us out with his pace which is very much lacking in the middle. Richards has class no doubt, but has only played about 100 minutes since March.

Adam Johnson is suffering from whats called 'Cityism' ie playing for a team he never gets a decent run in the team therefore how can you pick him for international level? You saw last night what missing 4 weeks of football does to a players touch and form with Rooney's general play.

Still waiting for Young to play well which is a worry as he was very consistent before the tournament.

Defoe up front.

Simples.

1 - Best left back of all time? Maldini. Right-footed. To get the best out of Terry he should be on the left. It's a means to accommodate that move. And get rid of idiot boy Johnson.

2 - Who said the Ox was defending? We need pace hence bringing in the Ox, Walcott and Defoe. Wenger doesn't see him as a winger. I see his long-term position as a central player.

3 - Gerd Muller was tall wasn't he? Tevez? Greaves? Pele? All under 5' 9" I'd say. Defoe is a better goal-scorer than Rooney and he doesn't make me feel sick when he talks which helps

1) You really need have a word with your optician if you think Maldini was right footed :lol:

2) You said he would be in front of the back four aka defending!!

3) But none of them excelled as lone front men as your suggesting Defoe would.

Back to the drawing board or lay off the booze ;):lol:

How did the official not see that it was a goal? Good effort by Terry tho.... but come on its about time football got with the times and introduced video replay lke rugby / tennis etc

Hart is a great keeper and might keep us in a close game

Lescott & Terry look ok without filling you with supreme confidence

Cole & Johnson again ok without looking great, particularly Johnson who is a frustrated winger who can't cross well enough so is made to play right back

Gerrard & Parker fantastic pairing both work their socks off, obviously Gerrard can pass and shoot, Parker can't

Milner & Young don't get me started on Milner, he is a grafter but no real class or pace which is the opposite for Young, although he hasn't really performed as we know he can on the big stage yet.

Rooney & Welbeck a decent partnership at club level and I think with better supply could cause a few problems but I can't see the 'bigger' teams quaking in their boots about facing them...

Walcott should be starting if fit as he would cause far more problems than Milner

Oxlade-Chamberlain - I have seen nothing to suggest he is either the next big thing or our saviour at the championship... yes he has pace but more often than not no end result. I would prefer Lennon to be there and come on for the last 20 minutes, he is inconsistent but when on form he can change a game in an instant.

Other than that what options do we have, nothing defensive to shore things up more, nothing more creative in midfield to add some spice and nothing up front to cause any extra problems :shrug:

Just my 2p... I try and be unbiased when it comes to England, the only Spurs player I am disappointed didn't go is Lennon really as he is an impact player...