350Z Car Tax - Up and up it goes

Exotic

I recently got my car tax disc from applying online and noticed I had to pay £270 even though the reminder letter said £260. I keep all my old tax discs and have had my 04 zed since May 2010:

2010: £245

2011: £260

2012: £270

2013: ???

So I know car tax will increase with inflation every year but wondered how people with zeds from 06 onwards in the higher tax bracket have neen affected? Is there anyway to predict how much it will be in the next couple of years?

Yeah I guess its a £10-£20 increase each year. Glad I am the lower bracket as I'm guessing 06 onwards zeds must be paying around £500 a year! I didn't like the way the reminder letter quoted a lower amount but actually had to pay more.

I actually really disagree with the CO2 banding system for tax.

I do about 5 - 6000 miles per year, so over the year will produce loads less CO2 than someone doing 25000 miles per year in their puny car paying miniscule tax :rant:

We pay for our use through using more fuel and therefore paying more fuel tax :dry:

Turd.

Having said that, i don't think £270 is that bad for the enjoyment it get :D Wouldn't like to be paying £450 though :scare:

mine falls on the 31st march every year if you do it the day you get your letter you should be ok but inbetween getting your letter and the 31st the budget occurs so depending what day that is, is when it goes up had a long chat with P.O guy about it i paid £260 for mine..effectively a couple of times ive gone and complained about two prices they just said budget happened on x date so its gone up

Agreed not a huge increase a year, I guess I'm thinking a bit too frugally these day s as I am shortly taking out a mortgage :lol: Still feels special to drive just like when I first bought her and no plans to sell her ever given the current market values!

I know it's not a lot just been used to paying a lot less road tax on previous cars. Interesting note is that cost of ownership has been very cheap APART from petrol given its fairly thirsty and prices keep going up. Servicing is cheap as my last car plus its been bomb proof reliability wise so I am happy. The only real cost has been my modding desires but I blame sites like this for encouraging that :p

Can't wait to change to the almost £500 a year tax bill... mmmm Double what i pay just now. :lol: Cyclists... hmm, I sort of annoyed one yesterday. over took a car (making sure I had enough time and room to get by... which i did)... but there was a cyclist coming... i looked in my rear mirror and he was shaking his fist at me... plenty of room and time... yet he had his head down as it was uphill for him, so prob crapped himself when he seen me go past.. lol But for the record i have no gripe with cyclists lol

Most 350's are still losing £2k of value a year which is the biggest cost.

Still bollox paying as much as £475 a year for a car you might use once a week, that's over £9 each time you drive it.

Might as well scrap road tax and increase fuel duty... Far fairer and linked to the amount you actually pollute.

Might as well scrap road tax and increase fuel duty... Far fairer and linked to the amount you actually pollute.

I've thought that for years, I did some maths on it and the only complication would be that lorries drivers would be hammered and shops would go bankrupt if you did it as a literal increase on fuel duty. There'd need to be some sort of rebate for lorry drivers with fuel duty rising more than you'd expect to cover it. Still, considering I do about 2k miles a year (if that) I'd be happy.