Who do you think will win the Premiership?

HassanZ

...and lets face it, Rugby is boring :yawn:

I mean, scrums, what on earth - what moron thought 'hey you know what, lets get everyone together into a pack and shove against each other but only after its collapsed about five times just to have an end result where the guy at the back throws the ball to someone' - why not just let the guy at the back throw the ball to someone :bang:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do people who have no interest in football feel the need to enter a football thread just to tell everyone?

I have no interest in a lot of stuff on here so I keep out of the thread rather than wade in talking about some other cretinous subject :boxing:

Normally I wouldn't enter a football thread but the "Premiership" is a rugby competition.

Dads side = Red, Mums side = Blue

I'm red and glad I've moved out! I think we'll nick it 1-0 but I agree with Dan, I'm expecting quite possibly the worst game of football this season. That said, City HAVE to win it so it should be open. I hope we don't have an insane decision to decide the game, we've been unlucky with them against our main rivals in recent years :(

O/T but rugby is a great game, I played both until last year and found Rugby harder, on the mind as well. Footy I would just charge into space, all this running in arcs and setting left and right of your scrumhalf always kept me on my toes (i.e. I can be lazier on a footy pitch) :)

Mainly because rugby fans are secretly jealous of how much TV time and money football has, and they'd love it if their sport was even a quarter as popular as the beautiful game. They'll never admit it though, of course.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/world ... 6231849755

I'm sure there's a point to that link and some random kind of relation it has to my post, but I'm struggling to see what it is.

Cumulative TV figures for the RWC last year: 4 billion. http://www.rwc2011.irb.com/destinationn ... 36054.html

Cumulative TV figures for the FWC in 2010: 26 billion. http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world- ... ly-is-the-

...and lets face it, Rugby is boring :yawn:

I mean, scrums, what on earth - what moron thought 'hey you know what, lets get everyone together into a pack and shove against each other but only after its collapsed about five times just to have an end result where the guy at the back throws the ball to someone' - why not just let the guy at the back throw the ball to someone :bang:

Public school boys

- Scrums (lots of knacker fondling)

- Wrestling some burly bloke to the ground and ending up with your head near his crotch whist he vigorously wiggles to get free.

- Communal bath after to get lathered up.

The phrase 'laying pipe' springs instantly to mind

Mainly because rugby fans are secretly jealous of how much TV time and money football has, and they'd love it if their sport was even a quarter as popular as the beautiful game. They'll never admit it though, of course.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/world ... 6231849755

I'm sure there's a point to that link and some random kind of relation it has to my post, but I'm struggling to see what it is.

Cumulative TV figures for the RWC last year: 4 billion. http://www.rwc2011.irb.com/destinationn ... 36054.html

Cumulative TV figures for the FWC in 2010: 26 billion. http://www.goal.com/en/news/1863/world- ... ly-is-the-

just pointing out that Rugby is quite popular but i can't argue with your figures so :surrender:

Ricey, seriously mate, you should have your own stand up comedy show :lol: I laugh out loud at your posts!

Yeah that random link to a high attendance rugby match was erm, a bit random. Man Utd turn out nearly that many every home match :shrug:

The money in football far outweighs rugby, I remember Redknapp when manager of west ham arguing with a reporter about lack of signings during a home game pointed at one end of the stadium and said 'see that lot, their ticket prices cover my lad Rio's salary for one week, how on earth can I buy more players!' - Beckham on a million dollars a week including endorsements - its a mental world out of control. Rugby, stifled by its limited popularity, is way behind.

...that said, having so much cash in the sport is not always a good thing - some of my favourite matches are still pre-premier league era games :thumbs:

its the money thats spoilt football, i like to play footy, just can't watch it. lost respect for the game along time ago.

if they were to cap salaries, bring in goal line tech and video ref. reinstall a higher level of respect for the ref's etc it might start to make a better game.

whats sad to see in british football is that the majority of the players aren't british; its all foreign players. silly high wages mean silly high ticket prices.

what i love about rugby is i can go watch it, i can sit with the other fans, i can have as many beers while the match is on, and then go drinking with the opositions fans regardless of the result.

the old saying was "football; played by gentleman, watched by thugs. Rugby; played by thugs, watched by gentlemen"

from what you see on TV when the matches are on especially the internationls etc its more like "football; played by idiots; watched by retards" footy players seem to spend more time in the papers not for their skill but who they've screwed, or where they crashed their ferrari, or who they raped,

I wouldn't want to see football disappear, but it needs to clean its image up, it seems to be run by a corrupt group in the FA with players and clubs more bothered about merchandise, sponsorship and money than actually playing well. maybe if they focussed more on the sport they might actually win a world cup.

as for the footy cup final, not a fan of either team, but i think city might have the edge for me.

I would argue against the footy saying as in that its watched by thugs, many a game I have been to have seen some great fan behaviour - I remember sitting at old trafford watching Sunderland lose 3-0 yet their fans cheering their team throughout and even clapping Scholes goal which was a belter. At the end all the Man Utd fans stood up and gave them a clap - all good natured stuff. Have many more examples of good behaviour than bad, its just the press only report the bad.

Unfortunately it only takes a minority in a crowd to have things kick off, and those minorities happen to have chosen football as their territory to do it. I am pretty sure you could stick small groups of thugs into rugby grounds and get them to wind people up around them and it would go the same way.

What also doesnt help is the banning of alcohol means fans getting far too drunk before games instead of pacing themselves.

Unfortunately it only takes a minority in a crowd to have things kick off, and those minorities happen to have chosen football as their territory to do it. I am pretty sure you could stick small groups of thugs into rugby grounds and get them to wind people up around them and it would go the same way.

What also doesnt help is the banning of alcohol means fans getting far too drunk before games instead of pacing themselves.

you never hear of bad behaviour at rugby games, and if you get some try it most of the crowd from both teams tell them to F off. its just a different atmosphere.

i remember football back in the early 90's the football riots, the hayday of the football firms etc. the fans have cleaned their image up a bit. but if i had a kid i would take them to a rugby match but i would feel on edge taking them to a football game. but i suppose thats just my age and memory of the game.

sadly the minority have spoilt it like you say.

i predict a 2-1 win to city, .

Exactly, football in the 50s and 60s from what I hear was a very friendly occasion, but minorities infiltrated and ruined it. Rugby, if the minorities chose to attack it in the same manner over the course of a decade, would go the same way eventually.

I think City will win, even though I don't want them to! Could be about 3 goals clear. I really hope I am wrong.

That, for me, I'm afraid is tosh!!! I don't care how popular or unpopular it is perceived by others, I enjoy it, end of. I've never heard anyone involved in Rugby complain about the amount of tv coverage for football either. If you think Rugby fans are secretly jealous of footy tv time or its' popularity then I'm afraid you don't understand Rugby fans.

This is Sky Rugby Schedule for this coming weekend:-

Rugby Union live on Sky Sports

Details of our domestic and international coverage

Last updated: Monday 30th April 2012

International Rugby Union, Tri Nations, Aviva Premiership, Heineken Cup, Amlin Challenge Cup, Super Rugby, Currie Cup, Air New Zealand Cup, Churchill Cup and much more...

Date Game Channel & Time Competition

MAY

Fri 4 Hurricanes v Blues (watch online) Sky Sports Xtra 8.35am Super Rugby

Fri 4 Rebels v Bulls (watch online) Sky Sports Xtra 10.40am Super Rugby

Sat 5 Chiefs v Lions (8.30am) Sky Sports 1

Sky Sports HD1 8.30am Super Rugby

Sat 5 IRB Sevens - Scotland Sky Sports 1

Sky Sports HD1 10.30am IRB Sevens

Sat 5 Brumbies v Waratahs (watch online) Sky Sports Xtra 10.40am Super Rugby

Sat 5 Aviva Premiership - Northampton v Worcester (2pm) Sky Sports 1

Sky Sports HD1 1.30pm Aviva Premiership

Sat 5 Sharks v Highlanders (watch online) Sky Sports Xtra 4.05pm Super Rugby

Sat 5 Cheetahs v Western Force (watch online) Sky Sports Xtra 6.10pm Super Rugby

Sun 6 IRB Sevens - Scotland (Day 2)

Not bad for an unpopular sport. Having said that I do enjoy footy too :)

Think you got that wrong sorry.. recently at the Saracens v Harlequins game held at wembley. 83000+ spectators for a league game, admittedly a world record, but how many (English) football games get that crowd? Don't get me wrong I love football, but as a sports follower I don't get jealose, I just like to watch or play. :D

Man Utd turn out an average of 75k each home game...would like to see Saracens AVERAGE gates compared to that, probably half? Guessing? Most FA Cup semi finals get bigger attendances than that Saracens world record.

Football is a bigger sport than Rugby in attendance and money, by a fair distance, even the most ardent Rugby fan must realise that?

Man Utd turn out an average of 75k each home game...would like to see Saracens AVERAGE gates compared to that, probably half? Guessing? Most FA Cup semi finals get bigger attendances than that Saracens world record.

Football is a bigger sport than Rugby in attendance and money, by a fair distance, even the most ardent Rugby fan must realise that?

As a rugby fan, sadly I think this is a fair comment... take Wales for example, the salary cap they've bought in per club wouldn't even buy a single half decent football player. Still, I know which sports player's I have more respect for, probably for exactly the same reason.

Yeah of course we realise it, and I'm a die-hard Newcastle united supporter so it's not like I dont like football..... But you gotta admit they are overpaid, underworked primadonna nancy boys, mostly !!!!!

...or Jermaine Pennant, another player like poor John Terry who is always unfairly picked on - saves it for being behind the wheel of his car, over the limit, uninsured and banned :bangin:

He's already served one prison sentence for exactly the same offence, how many chances does he need?

Anyway, the balance has swung slightly in favour of Man City now but they've still got a tough away game to come.

Pete