Age guesswork.

Builder49

Very young 64 and still got the bug for sports cars. owned 37 over the last 42 years so i guess i,ve had a good run this far. Best apart from the Zeds was a 4.2 ltr E type back in 68. Wish i had kept it now.

So were you modding or a rocking :boxing::lol:

1948 was a very good year :thumbs:

my old man was a mod !

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very young 64 and still got the bug for sports cars. owned 37 over the last 42 years so i guess i,ve had a good run this far. Best apart from the Zeds was a 4.2 ltr E type back in 68. Wish i had kept it now.

So were you modding or a rocking :boxing::lol:

1948 was a very good year :thumbs:

my old man was a mod !

My old man was too young to be either! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sorry for the delay.Dinner nearly went into the dog !

I was very definately a mod... had the Lambretta,Parka,tonic mohair suit, hush puppies.. the works.Then i saw my first Corvette Stingray, Had to have one someday and 10 years ago bought an indy pace car 1978 Targa top. Shiny red leather interior.. it looked amazing but in reality was a heap of cr**.

What about all you older guys ?? anyone as ancient as me ?

If you are and were a Rocker then i suggest a meet on Brighton Beach !!!!

Sorry for the delay.Dinner nearly went into the dog !

I was very definately a mod... had the Lambretta,Parka,tonic mohair suit, hush puppies.. the works.Then i saw my first Corvette Stingray, Had to have one someday and 10 years ago bought an indy pace car 1978 Targa top. Shiny red leather interior.. it looked amazing but in reality was a heap of cr**.

What about all you older guys ?? anyone as ancient as me ?

If you are and were a Rocker then i suggest a meet on Brighton Beach !!!!

Mod with 'bretta TV175 - mirrors, lights and air horn and the parka. Also had the beetle jacket and mohair jumper and winkle-pickers :p:teeth::lol:

Margate was our 'scene' , but busted an ankle on the beach trampolines one visit - nurses had the right hump when I got back on the scooter to drive home to Surrey with plaster cast up the knee :lol:

Oh and with no MacDonalds then it was always a meet in the local Wimpey. :teeth:

See, I was young, once and can even remember it :blush:

I was a mod too, that's me on the nearside taken in 1967 :) .

14scoots.jpg

Pete

My dad was 16 at this point and had one the same but he didn't have a windscreen. Said he loved the fact in those days you didn't need a helmet, He used to wear was a woollen tammy

I was a mod too, that's me on the nearside taken in 1967 :) .

14scoots.jpg

Pete

What a fantastic pic, born in 63 so too late for that, got to say though that my FS1E was just as cool in its day (or at least I thought so after walking for 16 years) :lol:

Why are u bored? I've got to go to the dentist this afternoon so I'm not exactly excited today :(

Also, my husband is off to Germany without me as he's flying back to B'ham on Monday am for a meeting and then straight to London afterwards and I need to be in Yorkshire because my lovely wooden windows are arriving earlier than planned. That last bit is ok though as they are really going to improve the look of the cottage :)

I'm not flirting, just having a chat :blush: