RIP 47 zeds

sasha@lazytrips

I'm assuming this is UK, so surely cars exported would account for a number of the loses?

I live in Northern ireland, so although i'm not sure if that website includes us, it's almost certainly doesn't include those in the Republic. Lot's of people in the south buy car's from England as they are much cheaper due to the Euro rates ATM, even taking into account the stupid amount of import tax they have to pay on vehicles.

I'm assuming this is UK, so surely cars exported would account for a number of the loses?

Yes, but very few places would want to export a RHD drive 370z from the UK. The majority will be ditch retrievals.

I edited my post just as you were replying :)

You'd really be surprised how many have made their way over to the ROI.

On another note, I hate that website. I just checked my last two vehicles. One was '95 Hyundai S-Coupe that I scrapped in good but non-running condition and received £125 in scrap metal moneys. There are only 72 of them in the whole of the UK as mine was the Mvi, surely I could have got someone to buy it for real money to fix up :angry:

Then I had a look at the bikeI sold to buy the Zed, a Ducati 749 Mono, only 19, NINETEEN in the UK! There is now only 18 as I sold it to a guy in the south for what I thought was decent money my way, but I should have added another £1k onto he price if there's so little! :rant:

I would have thought that there would be a lot more fresh imports than the number exported, so there were probably more than 47 scrapped in that period...

Don't think anyone is importing them these days. The savings to be made from 2003-2006 were substantial, these days with plenty of U.K models available at 7-12k I doesn't look to be a viable proposition any more :shrug:

Pete

. With many approaching old age and production long stopped, the 7,598 remaining cars are likely to dwindle down fairly quickly over the next few years.

Those that aren't in accidents will probably start hitting the scrap heap in around 2014, 12 years seems to be the life of a car these days, by 2016 we're probably looking at 2,000 to 2,500 Zed's and by 2020 numbers will be in the hundreds :shrug:

Pete

. With many approaching old age and production long stopped, the 7,598 remaining cars are likely to dwindle down fairly quickly over the next few years.

Those that aren't in accidents will probably start hitting the scrap heap in around 2014, 12 years seems to be the life of a car these days, by 2016 we're probably looking at 2,000 to 2,500 Zed's and by 2020 numbers will be in the hundreds :shrug:

Pete

Will the value of 350z start to plateau as they become more limited in numbers? I am tempted to go for a 370z now but can't bear to sell it after the blood sweat and tears that have gone into it.

Pete

Will the value of 350z start to plateau as they become more limited in numbers? I am tempted to go for a 370z now but can't bear to sell it after the blood sweat and tears that have gone into it.

Only time can answer that question. Some nice-looking cars plateau and gradually rise while others collapse for no obvious reason. :)

i think they'll be a cult car but not a major classic, i think they'll go the way of the supra, GTO, FTO, etc i think they'll take a lot longer to go up in price and i don't think they'll increase by masses. look at the 240z etc Jap cars seem to take longer to make classic car status, especially in the UK.

i think they'll be a cult car but not a major classic, i think they'll go the way of the supra, GTO, FTO, etc i think they'll take a lot longer to go up in price and i don't think they'll increase by masses. look at the 240z etc Jap cars seem to take longer to make classic car status, especially in the UK.

I agree, looking at some of the old classic zeds, even now, they are not worth much at all, so i dread to think exactly how many decades you`d have to wait for a 350z to start holding their value or even going up in price.

I agree, looking at some of the old classic zeds, even now, they are not worth much at all, so i dread to think exactly how many decades you`d have to wait for a 350z to start holding their value or even going up in price.

Who knows what future generations will regard as Classic, in any case I've never subscribed to the theory that only good cars will become valuable over a long period of time....it's all down to how rare the car has become, take for example the Jowett Javelin, a car that was besieged with problems yet even a wreck fetches good money these days, or the Ford Anglia that had one of the highest production runs of any U.K car. One of these in decent nick will set you back a small fortune. Two of the worst cars I've ever driven, The Morris Minor and The VW Beetle are now regarded as Classics :wacko: . But, yeah, if you are waiting for The 350Z to become a valuable Classic then you'll have anything from a 25 year upward wait.

Pete

Another thing worth considering is how many 'good' zeds are left, rather than just how many are still registered. With prices continuing to drop like a stone, I get the impression that more and more will be bought by those with less expensive tastes, and ruined with cheap tat bodykits and stickers, effectively removing them from the mainstream market. (not knocking on those of a modified persuasion, just those who refuse to spend the cash to do it properly). We've all seen the ebay monstrosities that pop up on here every few weeks, and it already seems to be becoming more common :headhurt:

DB

With prices continuing to drop like a stone, I get the impression that more and more will be bought by those with less expensive tastes, and ruined with cheap tat bodykits and stickers, effectively removing them from the mainstream market.

DB

There are plenty of examples of that on here! :headhurt:

In fairness i think that standard cars will be worth more than modded ones. There aren't many classics about that are worth more in modded form than they are in standard trim. Its a double edged sword. Its nice to personalize your car and make it your own but when you come to sell it you normally strip all the bits off to sell seperately because it doesn't increase the selling price if you leave them on.

Like someone said above, the Z will probably take another 20 years to be worth strong money anyways, so lets just enjoy and look after them in the present wether that be in standard or modded form :thumbs:

Ironically the 370Z has a much better chance of being worth anything, as it's one of the last big-engined affordable sports cars made that wasn't produced in huge quantities. The 350Z is far too common to ever be worth anything.