New owner east Sussex

Just Had my first week on the road with my 350 roadster used the first tank of fuel, called in yesterday at haywards Heath garage only to look around to see two more 350z refuelling on the forecourt and I thought it was not a very common car! Love the drive / noise when pulling away, getting a little numb top of the right leg so need to lose weight to fit properly in the seat I think. Love how it drives in 5/6th at slow revs / speed keeping thinking I am in second or third it responds so well. Only problem i have found is how to turn off the sat nav and top of the roof on the seams it is pulling not tearing which will have to be fixed Any one know a good garage for servicing on the east Sussex Kent borders The weather could not be better for my first weeks ownership I cannot stop smiling. A very happy middle aged man. Patrick

Hi, welcome to the forum.

Zeds yep loads of them @ my workshop.

On the go at the moment twin turbo conversion on a 350Zed HR model , built motor and HKS Supercharger going in a DE 350Zed. 370Zed being S/C'ed in the next few weeks as well.

We on the Surrey/Kent border very close to Junction 6 of the M25 , we have courtesy cars and a nice area to hang out while we work on your pride and joy.

Coffee and toast is good as well I hear.

Welcome!!!

Your roof seams pulling. Is this the main support which goes directly above your head across the car? Its a common thing where the metal which wraps around that bar gets pulled off it. I took mine back to the main dealer and had them fix it, as i noticed mine was going at 20k miles.

Zeds are one of the very few cars I know which seem to be very region specific as to how popular they are. Some people on here in certain areas of the country see no end. Others, like myself very very rarely see any. Ive actually only seen 2 roadsters over the last 12 months on the road. With the coupe`s ive seen about 10 at the most in 12 months. I see hundreds of porsche boxsters, z4`s even the odd z4m, so its really strange how the zed is so rare in some areas. Id love to see a map showing where all the zed owners live!!!!

First question which petrol station in Haywards Heath (thats where im based) as every one I came across was rammed with people panic buying, and there is no super left in the shell (where I normally fill up).

But welcome to zed ownership, if your around Haywards Heath and you see a silver coupe with a Nismo front bumper and spoiler give it a flash its me :teeth:

Thanks for your kind welcome. Any meetings / shows in the next few weeks that you go to, had a lotus Carlton and we had meets all the time , every week at south minns etc.

Mark at abbey thanks for the info re servicing etc , will pay you a visit in the next month or so.

Free bird the garage was the frosts I think texaco in haywards Heath just seen it on itv news with a big queue but when I was there yesterday morning only a couple on each pump queueing.

Roof wise I looked at half a dozen before I bought one and a couple had the same pull in the upright corners , I will talk to the dealer but because it is an 05 I think they will wash their hands. So I will need to look for a repair locally.

Thanks all , look forward to lots of info gathering.

P

Welcome to the club, perfect time of year for a roadster you will love it. I had 2 very happy years with mine.

I had the same issue with my hood. I looked at a few and it seems very common. Mine was an 05 plate and thankfully the pulling didnt get worse or cause any problems over the 2 years.

Check the inside too, i found the top corners were pulling the material there too so used a little stormsure to seal it up, it was amazing.

There are lots of meets in this area on a regular basis. Next one is down to port solent. Theres a post here somewhere for it.

If you are feeling more adventurous there is always the big welsh weekend :teeth:

Lets see somepictures :thumbs:

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Thanks for your kind welcome. Any meetings / shows in the next few weeks that you go to, had a lotus Carlton and we had meets all the time , every week at south minns etc.

Here you go, if you don't mind a trip into London

viewtopic.php?f=92&t=58602

If you like good country drives - check out my sig ;)