Multi-Spoke Wheels - Why Not? *PIC HEAVY*

roadtrip

I've been looking for some decent 19" wheels and noticed that most forum members go for 5 spoke designs, why is that? I'm really liking some of the new OEM multi-spoke spoke designs, check out these:

Porsche Boxster

New-Porsche-Boxster-2012-side.jpg

28089_2012_Porsche_Boxster.jpg

Audi RS4

audi-rs4-avant-01-200212-1024x683.jpg

Kia Track'ster

6842773015_477ce7f852_b.jpg

Obviously they're not for zed fitment but these aftermarket rims certainly are:

Forgestar CF10

forgestar-cf10-wheels-audi-a5-6.jpg

automotive_connoisseur_group_forgestar_wheels_cf10_nissan_gt-r_white_textured_black_photoshop_01.jpg

HRE P43SC

6894138635_0b00ae3989_b.jpg

5ZIGEN ProRacer ZR+520

dscf1708h.jpg

What do people think? Anyone else considering some like these?

Iv always thought 5 spokes suit more cars so are almost foolproof- to an extent :lol:

With multispokes they ca be more hit or miss- u need the right wheel for the right car with the right bodykit

That's maybe why they're more common but that's just my theory lol. Iv always liked multispokes- 7, 8 and 10 can look great

That's good, at least I'm not the only one! Three people so far who have a set of multi-spokes and a handful of others who just like looking. :D

Three votes for the HRE ones on the white 370Z, although at £5k+ (from what I've seen anyway) before tyres they're not going to be cheap. What is it people like about them? Is it the finish on the wheels, the style of the wheels, the stance, the body kit, the colour or just the whole combination?

If/when I decide to buy I'm more likely to go for something like the Forgestar because I don't want the hassle of looking after split-rims, polished lips and the like, plus at around £1500 for a set of forged 19" they are considerably cheaper than a lot of others.

Forgestar ones in first post are I think advan rs copies? Again, very nice wheels.

Apparently when asked if it was a copy of another wheel Forgestar said it was inspired by the wheels on a Merc SLS.

2011-mercedes-benz-SLS-AMG-wheel.jpg

That's good, at least I'm not the only one! Three people so far who have a set of multi-spokes and a handful of others who just like looking. :D

Three votes for the HRE ones on the white 370Z, although at £5k+ (from what I've seen anyway) before tyres they're not going to be cheap. What is it people like about them? Is it the finish on the wheels, the style of the wheels, the stance, the body kit, the colour or just the whole combination?

Its the combination for me but as that combination would probably cost more than what my 370 is worth by the time it was all done..............

Wheels alone - £5k+ is more than what I would want to pay for a set :shrug:

If/when I decide to buy I'm more likely to go for something like the Forgestar because I don't want the hassle of looking after split-rims, polished lips and the like, plus at around £1500 for a set of forged 19" they are considerably cheaper than a lot of others.

Apparently when asked if it was a copy of another wheel Forgestar said it was inspired by the wheels on a Merc SLS.

2011-mercedes-benz-SLS-AMG-wheel.jpg

I don't really like HRE's at all, just do nothing for me, the finish doesn't look that great and they just look like normal porsche wheels or cheapish rotiforms to me. DPE on the other hand, bling bling and completely and utterly impractical for UK roads but again, like the HRE's pretty damn expensive (probably more than those HRE'S).

Polished lips are a pain to look after, but I still love my volks.

I also question that, it looks almost identical to advan rs (which was also before the sls's time).

attachment.php?attachmentid=179865&d=1219628862

Wonder how heavy the forgestars are.... The advans are very light indeed and I was considering them before the volks, but they're a pain to get hold of and not exactly cheap either, probably about double the price of the forgestar equivalents.

Its the combination for me but as that combination would probably cost more than what my 370 is worth by the time it was all done..............

Wheels alone - £5k+ is more than what I would want to pay for a set :shrug:

It is a bit silly spending that on wheels for a zed imho. Still, there are some hot z's/g35's/370z's with them on.

The only thing is, at that sort of price, the wheels are fully custom, so you can get whatever offsets and finish you like.

Depends on how much love you have for your z/car :p

Wonder how heavy the forgestars are....

I think the Forgestars are around 10kg for 19" so not really light but not too bad either.

The only thing is, at that sort of price, the wheels are fully custom, so you can get whatever offsets and finish you like.

Forgestar are custom in terms of offsets and finish I believe. Build time is 6-8 weeks.

Looking at getting some of the 5zigens in the near future :) Jables on here has some, but apart from that they don't seem to be very common. Was going to go for Rota Grids, but there are loads of cars with TE37 style wheels on and I'm liking the multi-spoke look atm :thumbs:

Those Forgestars look very nice too :cloud9: