Marcos Mantis GT and Marcos LM500

Envy Valeting

It gives me great pleasure to present these 2 Marcos cars I detailed back in January. I have been waiting for the go-ahead to use the pictures by the owner. Today that happened!

Part of a marathon slog for me down in Wiltshire, 9 cars, 3 days and I felt it thats for sure. 3 degrees was also the max temperature without the heaters on!

The Marcos LM500 I did 1st but all I have are the after pics so will save them for last.

The Mantis GT then......

DSC05862.jpg

DSC05863.jpg

DSC05864.jpg

DSC05865.jpg

DSC05866.jpg

DSC05867.jpg

Sneak a look under the bonnet..(not detailed btw!)

DSC05868.jpg

DSC05869.jpg

DSC05870.jpg

P1000001.jpg

P1000003.jpg

P1000004.jpg

Start the process with a snow foaming as per usual

P1000005.jpg

Hood agitated with a soft bristled brush

P1000006.jpg

Wheels were washed with AS smart wheels, the followed by Autobrite Purple Rain

P1000008.jpg

P1000009.jpg

Snow foam rinsed off, and followed by the car being handwashed with the trusty Z sponge and two bucket method and trade formula shampoo.

Rinsed, dried and ready to clay. Clay choice Dodo Juice Gentle grey and very effective it was too.

P1000010.jpg

P1000012.jpg

Once clayed the car was cleansed with Dodo Juice Lime Prime by DA with a Meguiars Polishing pad.

P1000014.jpg

P1000017.jpg

P1000018.jpg

Wax choice was a new one to me, Meguiars Ultimate Paste wax!

P1000019.jpg

P1000020.jpg

P1000021.jpg

Whilst the wax cured I cleaned the glass, polished the (very sharp) tailpipes, dressed the tyres and sealed the massive wheels.

Once cured the wax was buffed off (very easy on/off) and the final pictures were taken outside.

P1000022.jpg

P1000023.jpg

P1000024.jpg

P1000025.jpg

P1000026.jpg

P1000027.jpg

P1000028.jpg

P1000029.jpg

P1000030.jpg

P1000031.jpg

P1000032.jpg

Now, onto the LM 500. Exactly the same process but only after pictures and sadly the weather was not so bright on this day.

DSC05854.jpg

DSC05855.jpg

DSC05856.jpg

DSC05857.jpg

DSC05858.jpg

DSC05859.jpg

Great to work on something totally different and many thanks to the owner for allowing me to show you these pics. Been burning a hole in my camera for a while now!

Tim

Great work Tim.. but by god thats a pair of ugly looking cars :surrender:

...... runs for cover :lol:

Cheers Jim, I'll ask the owner what he thinks of Zeds lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if we all liked the same stuff life'd be dull.

You need to hear them running to understand the beauty, especially the silver and blue one. LOUD doesn't even come close Jim

:lol:

Cheers Jim, I'll ask the owner what he thinks of Zeds lol! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and if we all liked the same stuff life'd be dull.

You need to hear them running to understand the beauty, especially the silver and blue one. LOUD doesn't even come close Jim

:lol::lol: Yea would be rather dull if we liked the same things :thumbs: Bet they do sound good though :bose:

:lol::lol: Yea would be rather dull if we liked the same things :thumbs: Bet they do sound good though :bose:

You took the words out out of my mouth in your first post Jim :lol: They might sound good but oh dear, if they are 'beauties' in the owner's eyes I would hate to see what's in his wardrobe :scare:

But as usual, more great (if tiring) detailing Tim :thumbs: BTW You going to show us the evidence of the sharp tailpipes :lol:

Wow, props for actually making two such, erm, 'interesting looking' cars look pretty, but my god...

Those panel gaps :scare: I think you could probably get into the car without opening the door on that Mantis!

DB

Just what I was going to say, you could drive a bus through them. I'm sure they were incredible when they came out, but age has not been kind to the shape at all.

Those panel gaps were a bit :scare:

Great results Tim - so errr what's the Meg Wax Paste like then, I've been kinda tempted to get a pot and see how it fairs.

Good results? As good as others? Or just another consumer product from Megs?

Oh and Fugly cars too - the bonnet looks as though two mahoosive buckets of acid have been dropped from the sky and eaten two great chunks out the middle of it!!

They probably sound nice as you say - but you'd need 10 pints to make that look nice!!

I really dislike the Marcos' normally, however the GT3 and GT2 versions are a tad nicer :p

Think this is one of the ones that runs in the Dutch Supercar Challenege. I remember the one that was brought to Donnington had some crazy aero, but couldnt find a pic of that one.

5602980191_636d916e8e_z.jpg

Panels clearly don't fit properly and the home made looking rear wing cheapens the car. Shame as the Mantis isn't too bad really. The LM 500 just looks odd, it just doesn't flow in the way a sports car should, it looks like 3 different designs made into one car. :shrug:

If you think they're ugly, check out this baby

Marcos.jpg

Stunningly ugly, Bond Bugesque front end....and they actually sold a few of these :lol:

Pete

^Regarding your question about the Ultimate Paste wax Ian, I too thought it can't be that good ie a mainstream product etc but I was wrong.

It goes on really easily, buffs off nicely and is really good at repelling water.

Durability pretty impressive too for an off the shelf wax.

If you do decide to get some, speak to me 1st as I can help ;) Its not expensive btw.

^Regarding your question about the Ultimate Paste wax Ian, I too thought it can't be that good ie a mainstream product etc but I was wrong.

It goes on really easily, buffs off nicely and is really good at repelling water.

Durability pretty impressive too for an off the shelf wax.

If you do decide to get some, speak to me 1st as I can help ;) Its not expensive btw.

I think it would be a 'try me' wax, I've got a big passion for the Supernatural, cleaning the car is effortless with SN and you can see an instant repelling of the water even whilst washing it.

If I decide to have a bash I'll come to you as always ;)