my first 350z

k1300r

Hi

I am looking at buying my first 350z, I have found a convertable Full Spec car, Xenon lights, Bose system, 18'' alloys, leather heated electric seats, sat nav, climate & cruise control, Good condition hood... all working great. This is on a 2005 reg with 64K miles priced at £8k. Firstly is there anything i should look out for and second is the price ok?

Any advice would be greatly recieved......

Carl................

The most common (major) faults on a 350z are:

Gearbox synchro issues - generally effects the earlier models (03-04)

Tire feathering issues - again, effects the earlier models. 2005 should be OK

Oil consumption issues - Only effects the "Rev-up" models (Z's with a 7500rpm redline)

Power window issues

Otherwise, 350z's are pretty reliable for a sports car.

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure that the convertible top is good condition (no leaks etc), as with any other soft-top.

Can't comment on the price as I don't reside in the motherland ;)

Welcome along!

Also check for the Clicky Axle, Skipping Bose CD Player, Dead Clutch - and most of all, make sure its been serviced properly. ask the vendor what type of fuel they use, too (should be super).

The most common (major) faults on a 350z are:

Gearbox synchro issues - generally effects the earlier models (03-04)

Tire feathering issues - again, effects the earlier models. 2005 should be OK

Oil consumption issues - Only effects the "Rev-up" models (Z's with a 7500rpm redline)

Power window issues

Otherwise, 350z's are pretty reliable for a sports car.

The only other thing I can suggest is to make sure that the convertible top is good condition (no leaks etc), as with any other soft-top.

Can't comment on the price as I don't reside in the motherland ;)

The Rev-up engine is not the one with the 7500rpm redline - that is the HR (313), and doesn't have any particular oil consumption issues.

The Rev-up (300) has a redline about 7000rpm (6900?) and some do indeed have oil consumption issues, but by no means all of them. really all you can do when viewing the car is check that the oil level is ok, and that it doesn't look like black treacle.

I think I am right to say that the car you are looking at, if its a 2005 and not a GT4 (which it won't be if its a roadster), is most likely an early model (276), and will have a redline at 6500rpm.

Good luck with the search,

Dave

Hi and welcome :)

Best of luck! The zeds are really reliable all round.

Don't let people who don't own Zeds put you off with the fuel economy criticism.

Mine is a daily and it only does 3-4mpg less around town than my leon cupra R did.

Tyres will be very expensive, so make sure you check those when looking at a potential purchase.

In any case, you won't regret it :D

Hi all

Thank you for the warm welcome, and thank you to those that have given me some idea of what to look out for when buying.

The search has started and i look forward to becoming an owner.

I will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Thanks again.

Carl. :drive1