Football Thread

coldel

Just got home from the Wales game, crap match but a nice tribute to Gary Speed :thumbs:

Atleast Cardiff gave Liverpool a good game on Sunday, If we play like that for the rest of the season then we will be a Premiership team next year :yahoo:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got home from the Wales game, crap match but a nice tribute to Gary Speed :thumbs:

Atleast Cardiff gave Liverpool a good game on Sunday, If we play like that for the rest of the season then we will be a Premiership team next year :yahoo:

Yeah and Swansea are holding their own just about, imagine Cardiff v Swansea as an all Prem match :thumbs:

Yeah and Swansea are holding their own just about, imagine Cardiff v Swansea as an all Prem match :thumbs:

Sadly they are :thumbdown: i was hoping they would lose 6-0 every week :lol:

Sadly they are :thumbdown: i was hoping they would lose 6-0 every week :lol:

That's not very patriotic is it :lol:WalesFlag.gif

:lol::lol:

I'm not bitter that they went up before we did :blush:

:console::drunk:

Very unlucky against Liverpool, I hate penalty shootouts :rant:

Yeah it was gutting, especially as Gerrard should never have taken it - scouser, Liverpool fan & the cousin of the oppositions captain was never a good candidate to take such an important penalty :thumbdown:

Was a good day out though & hopefully another Wembley trip in May for a play off final :drunk:

:lol::lol:

I'm not bitter that they went up before we did :blush:

:console::drunk:

Very unlucky against Liverpool, I hate penalty shootouts :rant:

Yeah it was gutting, especially as Gerrard should never have taken it - scouser, Liverpool fan & the cousin of the oppositions captain was never a good candidate to take such an important penalty :thumbdown:

Was a good day out though & hopefully another Wembley trip in May for a play off final :drunk:

Fingers crossed, and if you do make it up maybe I will make the away game next season :drunk:

Yeah be a crap result if they do lose the points, especially when teams have dropped points against them when playing them - can't see any other way of doing it though. That said, on the TV just now David James said 'heard that they will be okay' about Pompey....

We've been pretty poor for a few weeks barring the cup final.

Ref had a shocker today though, there were loads of things he should have blown up for but never :thumbdown: Looks like it will be another year in the Championship for us and build on a decent season. We've over achieved considering at the start of the summer we only had 10 first team players

I thought the ref could have blown for decisions both ways and didn't. Overall got most decisions correct bar a couple, but refs won't be perfect. Given we had McCartney and o'Brian at full backs, probably the weakest positions in the Hammers squad, was surprised at the lack of desire to go wide by Cardiff they seemed to be relying on Miller dropping deep, Whittingham apart from the free kick looked a bit average and he appears to be the guy to open up the middle. Green made a tremendous save at the end, being in the Championship has helped him get his form back and makes those saves every week. Still don't think the current team would stay in the prem though!

No-one catch the Leeds vs Southampton game?

I know we lost, but we absolutely battered them from start to finish and not too many teams will do that to the league leaders. Besides, you get days where you can dominate a game and still lose, just as long as there isn't too many of them! Hopefully Warnock can inspire the team to perform above their stations next year, provided he gets the backing from Bates.

• 1 month later...

..or even 5!

Referee made a big mistake but second from about 30 mins in Chelsea looked much the better side.

Bale probably regretting his comments now...

Poor SMD... he went to Wembley to have his pants pulled down this evening then :boxing: