350Z GT Gunmetal Grey

FUG

Hello everyone been trawling through the second hand car sites on a daily basis but if anyone knows someone selling a 350Z or seen one on a site I may not have come across please let me know!

Ideally after a GT model in Gunmetal grey or black with standard black leather interior and 18" Rays alloys. Less then 50,000 miles on the clock a bonus and pre-2006 for cost reasons. Looking to spend £8500-£9000 max - is this reasonable for what I am after?!?! If not maybe I should be a bit less picky with what I want :lol:

Found a perfect car for sale, extremely low mileage for its age but MOT April 2012 and Tax March 2012 - should I be concerned/ring alarm bells?

Obviously going to be more expense for the potential buyer (possibly me) at such short notice however is it a sign that the car is likely to fail MOT/low mileage because never in use due to problems???

Maybe I'm just over thinking but some reassurance would be nice... :wacko:

Found a perfect car for sale, extremely low mileage for its age but MOT April 2012 and Tax March 2012 - should I be concerned/ring alarm bells?

Obviously going to be more expense for the potential buyer (possibly me) at such short notice however is it a sign that the car is likely to fail MOT/low mileage because never in use due to problems???

A bit more information would be nice :snack:

Well its an 04 plate done just over 30k miles, 2 owners, full nissan service history (last service july 2011), tyres and brakes all pretty new - just worrying if its an MOT failure but guess looking at that list is should be ok, tax straight away will be annoying though :rant:

Sorry mate I'm really confused.........is what a sign that the car is likely to fail its MOT?

If you mean 'never in use due to problems' is why it has low milage how the hell are we going to know that!!!! :lol:

I think I am confusing myself here!

Just concerned he is trying to flog the car on the cheap before MOT as he knows something dont know - didnt know if this was common/a tell tale sign.

Generally in the past I have brought cars they always have had decent period of time left before next MOT and it is a selling point and reassuring.

Does seem very strange as most people would sell a car with at least 6 months MOT on it, as like you say, selling a car with just a few weeks MOT left on it isnt going to inspire buyers with confidence.

MOT`s cost between 25quid and 58quid these days, so why not see if the seller is prepared to put it through an MOT? If they are genuine then I dont see why they wouldnt. If they say "not a cat in hells chance mate" then you know to walk.

I think I am confusing myself here!

Just concerned he is trying to flog the car on the cheap before MOT as he knows something dont know - didnt know if this was common/a tell tale sign.

Generally in the past I have brought cars they always have had decent period of time left before next MOT and it is a selling point and reassuring.

Ahhhh. I wouldn't worry about that chief. Perhaps he just wants to clear it out before sinking a ruck of cash on tax and taking the risk on the MOT (might not think anythings wrong with it......just doens't want the ballache).

If the money looks good for it then give it a good going over (or get a mate who knows his stuff to look at it).

I'd certainly ask the owner why (for the sake of £30-£50) he isn't putting it through an MOT. You might get a reassuring answer, or you might get a good reason to walk away. You'll always wonder why unless you ask.

A full MOT makes a car more desirable than a car with virtually none. And as the current MOT is due to expire in APril, the owner can actually MOT the car now (March) and still preserve the original expiry date (effectively giving it a 13 month MOT) - if it passes of course!

I'd definitely just as him/her why they're not MOTing it so close to its expiry date if they're looking to sell the car.

Nah its not JDM - worth going to have a look at I guess; having a years MOT and 6 months tax on it would be reassuring though, I am a bit reserved!

Also just to add to my original Wanted post - I am after a standard 350z (no mods) and not JDM import.

Cheers

04 with 30k miles? Is it a JDM?!

Bit a tragedy really. These cars should be DRIVEN and ENJOYED! :band:

Totally agree! Shouldnt complain though because I got my 54 plate with 32k on the clock :thumbs: