Hello from new member

slash

Hi

Just like to say hello as a new member.

I'm in the awkward position of not actually owning a 350 yet but am planning to change this in the next couple of months.

Having done a bit of research I've come up with a question and thought this would be the best place to seek some advice.

So here goes: some reviews suggest that the post 06 face lifted models are allegedly a better option. I'd appreciate any real world experience as obviously a face lifted car will cost more to buy and also tax, basically am I getting anything more for my hard earned?

Cant wait to get the car but would really like to make the right decision.

Thanks

Neil G

Welcome Neil....yes of course a post 06 Zed will get you more for your cash; for instance the bi-xenon headlights and the LED rear lights. On the pre 06 models you will generally only get the Xenon headlights and the standard rear lights...of course their maybe exceptions to this rule but only when the previous owner has upgraded these items!

Now I always wanted these items when (I spent my 18 months) :scare: searching for my Zed but in the end the fact that the tax on a 06 model was at a rediculous level of around £460 / year rather than what I pay now around £260 / year for my 05 model just was the instigating factor. I personally couldn't justify spending this difference every year for what is a very similar car with very similar performance figures.

Yes the later models do have a better bhp and torgue figures......but the tax hike is just ludicrous!

The simple question you have to ask yourself at this stage is 'what do I want from my new motor?'

Good luck with the search and keep in touch with how you're proceeding :thumbs: