M25 speed cameras

Luke0549

Hi,

Last night around 8pm I was flashed by a camera on the m25 near Watford, junction 17 I think. Ive looked online with so many different people saying they do and don't work.

I came onto the motorway and got up to around 75mph, ahead I saw a 'wide load' lorry and a few cars behind acting stupid by changing lanes real late, slamming on etc. I saw a gap in the outside lane so accelerated to go past the group of cars that had formed. As I accelerated past the last car and was about to jump back into the 3rd lane (4 lane motorway) my car light up twice.

As I looked at the speedo it read in the region of 95+, I honestly hadn't realised I was going so fast. Now I dont know if I was clocked at over 100, then stamped on my breakers then looked at the speedo. I don't really remember.

I have read a few things about people saying they're only active if the gantry displays a number. Which it didnt.

And some saying they are digital and work but no one is too sure what speed.

Im not looking for abuse, I've given myself enough of that.

My question is this;

Has anyone actually been caught on the m25 by a camera?

This will be the most nervous 2 weeks of my life......

I don't think you will find many on the forum who could be as sanctimonious as give you obuse for that one. I thought they were time over distance and measured you over two/three cameras not just one? I don't know anyone who has been done, but know plenty who could have been! :lol: Fingers crossed for you. If you have been caught you should know within two weeks.

Sarah :)

I don't think you will find many on the forum who could be as sanctimonious as give you obuse for that one. I thought they were time over distance and measured you over two/three cameras not just one? I don't know anyone who has been done, but know plenty who could have been! :lol: Fingers crossed for you. If you have been caught you should know within two weeks.

Sarah :)

The yellow spec camera's do the average thing. The two flashes are doing the same over a much shorter distance.

Good luck with it fella and let that be a lesson. You can only learn from mistakes. Hope you werent done but if your over 100 it wont be great news probably. G'Luck :thumbs:

Sometimes the cameras flash but there is no film/spool space left to record you.

If you are snapped at 100MPH+ on 70MPH then bad news as the offence will not go by fixed penalty (3 points + fine) but will go to Court which has the discretion to ban from 1 day to 1 year.

Don't assume the flash equals caught ;)

Good luck

Mike

I just completed the speed awareness course 2 weeks ago in lieu of point as i got averaged between M25 J 29-30! The thing is i was on criuse control at 50mph all through the variable speed camera section coming from the M4 so why did i get done at 60mph at between 29 and 30 which was my exit??? I know this stretch of road well as i visit my sis in Basildon all the time using this route.

I tried to dispute it with Essex police or ask for recorded proof and i was told to opt going to court to contest the decision nd evidence will be brought forward :headhurt::surrender: I just ended up taking the course(£80/4hrs) and forget about it as this is just ridiculous. Why don't they just send your NIP with evidence so you are in no doubt to what you are held for rather than for you to chosse the court option to get evidence, accept points or take the course? The law should'nt be like this surely :surrender: . If i had the time i would have taken the option and gone to court as i have won once before for an error on their part. got £240 in cost ;)

Hope you are lucky but prepare for the worst.

I have a road angle and update my data base before every long journey, especially if I'm going on the M25 etc... almost every time I travel the M25 I get warned of different cameras that are in action.

I believe they vary which gantry cameras are on on a regular basis. If it flashed at you it was on. However, there is no guarantee that it had film in it or it may have been full.

Fingers crossed for you. We've all been there and its very easy to exceed the speed limit without realising.

Serious squeaky bum time! Hope all works out well for you and it's a lesson learned. I have had a few lessons in my past :blush:

I saw a programme the other day where a boy used a compound from work (to bond railway metal?) to destroy the camera that flashed him. What he didn't realise is the footage is stored in the ground under the camera supposedly. So the camera was a mess but the footage remained. :lol: Well caught and jailed for 3 months.

speed_camera_zombie.jpg

Luke....let me know how you got on....I got flashed by the same gantry last night in very similar circumstances. Sped up to get past a gumpf doing under NSL in the 3rd lane with no-one in lanes 1-2 or 4. Instead of curising past at a reasonable speed using an illegal undertake I sped up to make an overtake in the 4th lane and flash flash!

The camera is on the anti-clockwise side of one of the gantry's between J18 and J17.

Squeaky bum time for the next 2 weeks!

• 4 weeks later...