Cannot find a decent Z

garygttdi

Been looking now on and off for about 6 months, and I just cannot find a car that fits my bill. Looking to spend between 8-9 k for a nice 04-05 coupe. I do not want a roadster handling issues and water leaks just **** me off.

I hate Rays Alloys the most hideous wheels I have seen on any car, but apart from that up for anything really. Ideally would like a Blue GT, but they are as rare as rocking hoarse pooh!

Must say some really odd pricing going with Zs at the mo I have seen 2003 cars up for as much as 2005 are you guys nuts or what. Scooby owners appear to have a much better handle on the worth of their cars, maybe Z are more individual.

Been looking on Piston h, flea bay, aut t, any other places I could look, and no rude suggestions please?

:rant:

First off have you driven a roadster? they're a bit heavier (and therefore a tiny bit slower) but by all accounts they don't really suffer from the classic wobblyness of a coupe-turned-roadster.

A lot of speculative pricing goes on on PH as it's free to advertise, so Auto trader is a more reliable place to gauge prices. You should have no trouble at all finding a car in your price range, i got a blue 2004 GT for 8k in the summer before the prices had finished crashing so you're not asking for too much for your money, might just have to keep waiting for the right car to turn up and be prepared to travel as there aren't actually that many zeds around compared to other cars (Scoobys for example). I think there's a guy on here selling a very tastefully modified Azure coupe, not sure if he's sold it yet though and can't remember who it was (useful i know). Good luck.

DB

Buy one with rays, sell the rays and fit a wheel of your choice?

Pistonheads, Autotrader and on here are probably your best bets to be honest.

I agree, if you dont like the rays buy some different ones. That is what a lot of people do and is at the top of my shopping list :) Could get some good deals on hear and you know they will have been looked after :)

You couldnt have looked very hard mate. Ive just traded in an absolutely mint gunmetal grey with perfect standard wheels with new tyres!

I had it on piston heads and only had one enquiry a few days before i traded it in. All i was looking for was 7k. When i say the car was perfect i mean pristine and totally standard as it was when it left the factory :)

Have you actually driven both the Zed coupe and convertible to compare?

I was of the same opinion with the Rays when making a selection. They may not be the best looking rim in the world but an excellent piece of engineering. Lightweight and strong. To get a comparing alloy to spec against the Rays = £££ so don't dismiss the Rays just yet. To be fair all the best Azures have owners ;)

To be fair all the best Azures have owners ;)

But the best owners have GM's :p:lol:

Yeah but Chris yours was in lots of little pieces :headhurt:

Don't know what you mean??!!!

SCENGSTRIP2.jpg

I see that and I just want to cry! Hope you know how to put it back together again ;)

Just read this post...ok here is your starter for ten for pricing differences

Mileage (obvious)

Condition (obvious, but not always evident looking at pictures online)

GT vs non GT

Import vs UK Car

Pre vs Post facelift

Colour, black and blue generally sell for more (can be up to £1k more) than equivalent Silver or mostly Orange

Rays vs non Rays wheels (I agree actually about Rays, they look rubbish but are much lighter, hence why I got one without Rays and bought Volks Racing instead)

Zed prices are highly seasonal, like most rear wheel drive sports cars, definitely moreso than 4WD, 4 door saloon cars I am guessing

When I was looking I saw lots of different prices, but stuck all 120 odd cars details on AT into a spreadsheet and trends became clear. Its not randomly priced or people being all over the place, most are generally on the button, you just need to do a bit more reading up and understand more what you are looking at.