coldels 350z

coldel

Its not the most amazing Zed in the world - certainly compared to some of the stunning cars on here - but its been a lot of fun this last 11 months taking it from the mistreated dog it was to the thoroughly clean car it is today. So just to keep track of whats going on with it for my own reference thought I would grab photos and post up a thread...

...this is how it arrived, April 2011, and boy was I excited :yahoo:

Start.jpg

The first mod, for any self respecting Zed owner, that stubby aerial!

Aerial.jpg

Then some decent wiper blades, Bosch aeros

Wipers.jpg

Followed by some ebay badge specials

Badges.jpg

And my first meet!

Grasshopper.jpg

It was then some bodywork scratches which had been 'blown over' by the unscruplious previous owner began to show through - a trip to RTPerformance then for the rear bumper

PeeledPaint.jpg

SideCrack.jpg

Then, a turning point, some Volks GTVs appear on the forum for sale, so on a whim I go for it!

Wheels.jpg

Wheels2.jpg

Seats were looking a tad worn, so time for a bit of repair work on them - very chuffed with the outcome

BA3.jpg

BA1.jpg

BA2.jpg

Interior next, centre dash looked a bit dull in my view, gear knob and handbrake a bit worn, so a Satin Black wrap for the console, momo knob and handbrake plus a sneaky D1 Spec throttle controller

Interior.jpg

By now those cheapy ebay badges were wearing badly, I resprayed them but decided in the end to take them off and go for something simple on the back...

RearBadge.jpg

...and again thanks to RTPerformance a complete respray and some work on the front, badge removal and grille inserted

FrontBumperSmall.jpg

Engine bay up next, had already got a nice Stillen induction kit in there, resprayed the covers, and purchased a 350z-uk slam panel :thumbs: plus some new engine bay washers/bolts and nismo rad and oil cap (replaced the Z oil cap in the photo)

EngineSmall.jpg

PanelSmall.jpg

A little tidy up on the rear strut brace with some carbon wrapping and a little spraying

Strut.jpg

Thats the aesthetics, now for POWER :drive1 plenum spacer installed

Plenum.jpg

Followed by a Milltek and Berks and of course the Abbey uprev

Milltek.jpg

Engine power is nothing without some decent stopping power, step forward CS with some Black Diamond discs and pads all round

Brakes.jpg

...and here it is now - finished, probably, well maybe...

End.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always nice to see these threads mate. I remember when you first got your zed and I liked the number plate. Looks awesome now. I've enjoyed seeing it evolve and although I don't post all that often i do enjoy watching how cars change over time.

What did you use to tint your lights? It looks good. Not sure if it would suit a GM though.

I used the flyeyes stuff to cover the lights, I ripped it off for the MoT as I fancied a change anyway, you can get any shade of material, so light grey if you like. Mods on hold whilst I sort out job situation but do have an eye on changing the rear lights, I did also order new number plates but they are taking an age to arrive which is annoying. Also have my eye on some body kit - again has to wait till job issue resolved but still a bit to do yet as you say Jim!

I actually considered buying 'c5upe' when i was looking for mine and decided it looked a little too uncared for for my liking. really good to see that someone was a bit braver than me and has turned the old girl around in spectacular fashion. Great job :thumbs:

DB

I actually considered buying 'c5upe' when i was looking for mine and decided it looked a little too uncared for for my liking. really good to see that someone was a bit braver than me and has turned the old girl around in spectacular fashion. Great job :thumbs:

DB

Cheers pal

I did knock the guy a fair bit on the asking price, but I almost deliberately bought it as it was uncared for as I saw a bit of character in it and fancied the challenge :lol: and yeah the number plate is pretty good ;) she just needed some cleaning up really and when dyno'd got very good bhp numbers so mechanically sound.

I only just realised that in addition to the above it has a new clutch and flywheel, rear cv joint, new falken 452s all round as well! Also a super service, all oils changed, belts, filters etc.

It may come as a shock, but my ebay feedback count is 58 :lol:

Have to say I didnt have a clue about cars prior to owning the Zed, since then have learn't to vinly wrap, spray paint, install stuff on the engine, remove various parts of the Zed body shell and all sorts - certainly been fun :thumbs:

Liquid Leather seat kit, about £50 off the website - and a lot of time and effort, spent most of one evening cleaning, scrubbing and wiping it all down before putting on the colourant in neat format on the damaged areas then covering the rest, I didnt use any gloss additive so it came out nice and matte. All dry by the morning and a massive improvement :thumbs:

• 1 month later...