safe trading on the forum

All I can say on this is that the Forum itself offers no security or guarantee with any purchase, nor does it accept any liability for condition of goods.

All we provide is the medium for you guys to advertise.

All I can say on this is that the Forum itself offers no security or guarantee with any purchase, nor does it accept any liability for condition of goods.

All we provide is the medium for you guys to advertise.

To be honest not alot really. As long as you have the item in a proper for sale thread on the forum, it means you have been on the forum for a while etc and people can see your not on here to make a quick buck. Its all about trust I guess. I have bought and sold a few things on the forum and I have to say each transaction has been great / no problems at all :)

To be honest not alot really. As long as you have the item in a proper for sale thread on the forum, it means you have been on the forum for a while etc and people can see your not on here to make a quick buck. Its all about trust I guess. I have bought and sold a few things on the forum and I have to say each transaction has been great / no problems at all :)

Quite simple really. Decide if you want to do business with someone who trusts you so little. If no, seek another buyer. If yes, and the buyer still has doubts, send him the goods and let him pay you for them when he has received them.

I have often wondered why, on Ebay, the payment is always made before the goods are despatched.

Quite simple really. Decide if you want to do business with someone who trusts you so little. If no, seek another buyer. If yes, and the buyer still has doubts, send him the goods and let him pay you for them when he has received them.

I have often wondered why, on Ebay, the payment is always made before the goods are despatched.

The best we can do without getting massively involved (which we arent going to) is try to prove that the seller is a real person and has the real item. Thats why we have the post limit and photo rules.

If you want total security, stick it on ebay for them to buy, or do a Paypal invoice as Chris suggests above. Both will incurr fees though. Better to just have a bit of trust :shrug:

Also moved to forum help so we dont have to approve the posts ;)

The best we can do without getting massively involved (which we arent going to) is try to prove that the seller is a real person and has the real item. Thats why we have the post limit and photo rules.

If you want total security, stick it on ebay for them to buy, or do a Paypal invoice as Chris suggests above. Both will incurr fees though. Better to just have a bit of trust :shrug:

Also moved to forum help so we dont have to approve the posts ;)

he can send the money to me if he wants i can then forward the money on once the goods arrive. and if you want you can forward the tracking details so i know its been sent.

again i have no gaurentee's but i have traded on here, and been around a while and lots of people know where i live. if that helps.

he can send the money to me if he wants i can then forward the money on once the goods arrive. and if you want you can forward the tracking details so i know its been sent.

again i have no gaurentee's but i have traded on here, and been around a while and lots of people know where i live. if that helps.

As Jay said..

I have bought and sold a few things on the forum and I have to say each transaction has been great / no problems at all

Bought and sold, Traders and private individuals. I suppose it all comes down to trust. You can get a good idea from how long they have been a member and looking at their posts etc.

From my experience, if you want to get scammed for second hand car bits, E bay is your first port of call!! :p:lol:

As Jay said..

I have bought and sold a few things on the forum and I have to say each transaction has been great / no problems at all

Bought and sold, Traders and private individuals. I suppose it all comes down to trust. You can get a good idea from how long they have been a member and looking at their posts etc.

From my experience, if you want to get scammed for second hand car bits, E bay is your first port of call!! :p:lol:

Quite simple really. Decide if you want to do business with someone who trusts you so little. If no, seek another buyer.

The simple solution is above.That's what I'd do.

He can't want it that much. :shrug:

Quite simple really. Decide if you want to do business with someone who trusts you so little. If no, seek another buyer.

The simple solution is above.That's what I'd do.

He can't want it that much. :shrug:

Do he have access to a homing pidgeon that has any sort of debt collecting skills?

If so he could mail you the homing pidgeon with the cash attached to its leg. If the goods dont turn up then the homing pidgeon could give you a severe pecking and nick the money back before making its way back home?

It saves on the 3.5% Paypal fees :shrug:

Do he have access to a homing pidgeon that has any sort of debt collecting skills?

If so he could mail you the homing pidgeon with the cash attached to its leg. If the goods dont turn up then the homing pidgeon could give you a severe pecking and nick the money back before making its way back home?

It saves on the 3.5% Paypal fees :shrug:

What security does he want?

A rather odd request from a forum member, must be a newbe who does not realise that this forum is a community.

I have sold thousands of items on this forum and even new members dont ask me this question.

I often send out items before payment is received, I am not suggesting that you do this and in this instance I would recommend that you dont, however TRUST is key :thumbs:

Alex :)