advice on pricing wheels

rtbiscuit

Just wanted some feedback from others to see if they come out around the same as me, so that i know that i'm not taking the pi$$.

My old S2000 wheels are in the garage waiting to be sold. bloke contacted me today to have a look. we got down to money and i feel like he wants me to give them away.

The Wheels

18" OZ Racing SuperLeggera's in black; when new i believe they cost just under £1500 for a set of 4 with out tyres, these wheels are now discontinued and are impossibly difficult to get hold of.

mine have nearly new falken 452's on but the wheels need a slight refurb as there is some curbing

question is....what do you lot think is a sensible price for these wheels...i'll get a few peoples responces in and then i'll tell you what i asked; and what he offered; be interesting to see where we all came out.

the superleggera was replaced with the ultraleggera, a new set of the ultras are £1400 ish but actually weigh more than the supers.

this is the thing, these are proper light weight racing wheels. not heavy copies.

i'll get a few more responces in from people and then i'll share what i thought a sensible price was.

I know these are 17's but I think this says it all really.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OZ-RACING-SUP ... 125wt_1139

those have been up for sale for over 6 months now.

there was an individual set that were going for £450 a wheel. but they were pristine brand new in box.

yeah dont get me wrong, I know your wheels are worth a lot more than this, I was just using this as an example.

I'd have said £450. Tyres dont usually affect the price of wheels that much.

really?

ok peeps my personal valuation was that if the wheels were brand new then i would have asked for £800-£900 but they need a refurb, i told him of a place that i use near him that would do a full refurb for £200.

so taking that into account i asked £750-£700

after seeing his facial expression i asked what he was looking to pay. his responce £500-£550

i said the lowest i could take was £600 although i would prefer £650, but he should drop me an email tonight and i'd have a think about it.

this also includes after market wheel nuts

£600 sounds cheap... keep hold of them until the right buyer comes along, which will be someone who wants and appreciates quality wheels. If you dont need the money keep hold of them and keep bumping the advert every now and then.

where are they advertised?