Don't want to get this wrong..................

glrnet

Looking B) Graham - take it easy on those new sessa's ;)

Lowering every time for the looks, but remember how many times we have seen owners having issues with our dear old roads that get peppered with humps so make sure you get the balance right ;)

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looking B) Graham - take it easy on those new sessa's ;)

Lowering every time for the looks, but remember how many times we have seen owners having issues with our dear old roads that get peppered with humps so make sure you get the balance right ;)

And don't I know it.....

But since my last visit to RT I think my front lip is a fraction higher and I've not yet scraped, but for looks and being able to boot it in hindsight I should have done coilovers which will be sourced in the new year.

You know the answer to that one :) Think I just need to get used the new look first and see how I feel when the Brembos are refurbed :thumbs::thumbs:

Depends how much you want to drive it G or just park up and look at it :shrug:

With your under strut and wider wheels and lowering your Zed could be creaking like an old pram in no time and you could make the ride unbearable....

You know the answer to that one :) Think I just need to get used the new look first and see how I feel when the Brembos are refurbed :thumbs::thumbs:

Depends how much you want to drive it G or just park up and look at it :shrug:

With your under strut and wider wheels and lowering your Zed could be creaking like an old pram in no time and you could make the ride unbearable....

Fine line between looking good and still being useable, when I see a lowered Zed I think, looks nice if its not too low but would I want to have to plan my routes avoiding any obstacle :surrender:

More than lowering I think you need a new rear end and then the only question worth asking is....

TT of SC :p

• 4 weeks later...

photo.JPGJust had a courier delivery and hope to get these on the car next week with the DBA's and newly coloured wheels B):D Sorry about the picture quality but only had the phone to hand. :wacko:

Thanks Ian, Blue Brembos most likely B)

Looking good Mr G, so what's the next mod ;):yahoo:

Little update, got the wheels back today from the re-furbishers and got them back on the car. They were finished in Flat Silver throughout, the Steel Grey was just a little bit too dark but this was a chance I took when I bought the wheels, for me, it's made all the differnce :thumbs::thumbs: I've done away with polished lips and I'm really pleased with the finish B) Can't wait for Tuesday when the Blue Brembos go on :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate.

Two reasons, one, it wasn't really the look I wanted, and two, I spoke to quite a few people including wheel re-furbishers and didn't really want the aggravation of looking after them, apparently the lacquer over the polished surface can chip easily and lead to oxidisation under the lacquer. Personal thing really I guess but each to their own and of course I do have a "Papa Smurf" colour scheme to maintain :DB)

I've only done about 500 miles since I've had the new ones on but so far it does seem more "solid", I haven't experienced any tram lining at all. No spacers now. Hope this helps a bit, will put a more detailed report up regarding the handling when I've done a few more miles and had the 4 wheel alignment done. :thumbs:

Looks very smart, I'm really considering a set myself, why did you decide to lose the polished lips?

How does the car drive compared to when you had the Rays with spacers? Are you still running spacers?

• 4 weeks later...

As much as I love the look of some of the split-rims, polished lips and custom paints seen on members cars I just know that I'd worry about looking after them. I only have the one car and despite having a set of winter Rays I think I would have ended up doing exactly the same as you. I thought it was something only I would do as other members looked on in horror as the polished lips disappeared. :scare:

How do you feel about the wheels now that you've done some more miles and had the alignment done?