Don't want to get this wrong..................

glrnet

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have 8.5 and 10s. They are on 20s but I have 245 and 285.

Just depends on the offset etc as 245 and 285 are quite 'full' tyres. If you have a very aggressive offset you might need to go slightly narrower or choose a tyre with a softer shoulder curve.

What tyres were you thinking of? What offset you running?

Vreds, Falkens, Toyos or Goodyear

ET 20 Rear

ET 15 Front

Just depends on the offset etc as 245 and 285 are quite 'full' tyres. If you have a very aggressive offset you might need to go slightly narrower or choose a tyre with a softer shoulder curve.

ET 20 Rear

ET 15 Front

i use the falkens on my 20" wheels they do the job nicely i think they work best on big wheels as the side wall is narrower and alot stiffer.

What do you think then Stew? :)

ET 20 Rear

ET 15 Front

**My Chrimbo present to me**

After much searching I finally decided on these wheels. I have to say thank you for the patience and help from CS and Ben at Rarerims for my endless stream of tiresome (no pun intended) questions. Anyone as uneducated as me in the wonderful world of wheels would do well to talk to either of these companies. Today I collected these beauties from Rarerims and will post more pics when I get them on the car.

They are Linea Corsa's

19 x 8.5 offset ET15 Fronts

19 x 10.0 offset ET20 Rear

Wheelie Jim, you have to stop this!!! :lol: .............got to scrape some pennies together for rubber now :scare: And find somewhere with them in stock :wacko:

Happy Dishmas to you, Happy Dishmas to you .........

They will look great Graham B) ........ now get them on the car as we want lots more pics :yahoo:

Have you decided on tyres yet Graham?

Are you going to run it with spacers or not?

I reckon a 285/35 on the rear will sit just right with no arch work. 245/35 on the front should sit nice too. If you plan on running spacers then you might have to go narrower on the tyres. Narrower Vreds would work well with spacers I reckon.

MW Tech do a range of sizes including 10 and 15 so whatever you decide you'll be sorted! :thumbs:

Ideally without spacers Stew.

Ben at Rare Rims says that they brought these wheels in with these offsets particularly with the Zed in mimind so I'm leaning that way at the moment. Vred's are my tyre of choice after reading Colin's recent review and I'll probably go 275/45 and 245/35. Hopefully this will allow the addition of small spacers if required :) Is Martin at MW back trading now? It might be worth PM'ing Ben as he expressed an interest in attending some Forum meets next year and I said I'd pass this on :thumbs:

Have you decided on tyres yet Graham?

Are you going to run it with spacers or not?

I reckon a 285/35 on the rear will sit just right with no arch work. 245/35 on the front should sit nice too. If you plan on running spacers then you might have to go narrower on the tyres. Narrower Vreds would work well with spacers I reckon.

MW Tech do a range of sizes including 10 and 15 so whatever you decide you'll be sorted! :thumbs: