Falling out with the mrs

Daryl

Been on late shift this week,so not seen Estelle at all. Finished early and came home,picking a curry up on the way. Pretty much finished eating,and i mentioned that my passenger side interior light is very intermittent since she spent 20 minutes turning it on and off.

She said dont be silly etc etc,and then she said,"talking of cars,you will never guess what i did today" I listed,baging a kerb,door etc etc,and she said,"what do you hate most?" She then said that she took the car through an automated car wash! :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

I calmly asked if she was joking,and that was the end of our nice evening together!

Daryl, have you done something to upset her? That's horrific, I'd be taking her through a car wash, but without a car so that she can experience the effects of those brushes on her make-up!!

My Mrs know my rules very clear, to the point of wiping her feet before she even gets in the car. At the Lakez trip I caught her doing her make-up and hair in the car, hairspray was ejected from the canister and the majority (which I could find) was splattered around the gear surround. She was warned and duly punished by making me breakfast and providing me copious amounts of coffee whilst I spent 3 hours cleaning my car. She won't do that again!

Iv always said the her about car washes being the worst thing on the planet for cars,and iv always washed her car very well and properly. She has had it for 3 years now,and got it brand new. Iv not discussed the matter this morning yet,but just tempted to say to her that if that's what she wants to do then fine,but I'm not touching it again,ever. I don't want to waste my time on it if she's going to put it through an automated one. I even said to her that a gang of Europeans would have been better!

lol.... pleased its not just my missus. She doesnt see the point in washing her car by hand when she can take it to the local hand car wash and give them a fiver to do it. Theres no way on earth id take my car there, but its up to her what she does with her own car.

What anoys me the most tho is when we go for a ride out in the zed, im driving and she suddenly pulls out a bag of crisps and starts munching away, putting crumbs all over the passenger side of the car!!! argh!

She was warned and duly punished by making me breakfast and providing me copious amounts of coffee whilst I spent 3 hours cleaning my car. She won't do that again!

Ooooh you beast! :lol:

Well it was whilst sat in a field with the gas stove, so she wasn't given an easy task considering the wet damp grass and her need for a hot shower (showers failed miserably) so she was suffering.

there was a TV test a while ago on different methods of car cleaning and actually the automated car washes wasn't that bad to the car. the worst was the self clean places if you used the brush attatchment as people used to leave them on the floor in the grit.

the auto ones aren;t that damaging the worst was people with spounges ;)

as a one off i doubt she'll have done much if any damage.

and never use the people car washes as they don't clean their cleaning rags etc.

there was a TV test a while ago on different methods of car cleaning and actually the automated car washes wasn't that bad to the car. the worst was the self clean places if you used the brush attatchment as people used to leave them on the floor in the grit.

the auto ones aren;t that damaging the worst was people with spounges ;)

as a one off i doubt she'll have done much if any damage.

and never use the people car washes as they don't clean their cleaning rags etc.

It was Fifth Gear - and yes newer car washes arent half as bad as the supermarket chaps with 0.5l of gritty water to last them all day :surrender::headhurt:

Mate I feel for you, that moment when you know your nice night has been completely ruined by something either of you did (in this case her fault). It's not nice. I would like to say there are worse things than putting your car through a car wash but simply put there aren't, sorry. I'm glad I know my missus would never pull a stunt like this she knows better :)

Och c'mon if you're not a car fanatic you don't know these things. Go easy eh? Its really not worth the energy involved in a row :shrug:

Tell her for your Xmas you'd like the car detailed - then she will appreciate what the fuss is about. ;)

Now go kiss & make up :console:

Well this is her car,not the Datsun,luckily. Wev had a brief chat about it this morning,and iv expressed my view,and wev left it at that! Lol

It's just very painful,as I put a fair bit of effort into making her car look good,and she just makes my life alot harder! Spose that's women in general. Lol

It didn't help that we had both had a couple of drinks,and we're tired.

I definitely need to let my wife read some of these posts. Despite her thinking to the contrary, I think I'm pretty chilled compared to some of the posters on here.

That's despite her taking a chunk out of the bumper, broken the key blip button and phoning me to say pressing it won't release the boot and throwing some clear reflectors I got from a trader on here with the recycling and telling me it was my fault because i left them in the kitchen!

We're still talking..... :lol:

:thumbs: Well said Mum ;)

Och c'mon if you're not a car fanatic you don't know these things. Go easy eh? Its really not worth the energy involved in a row :shrug:

Tell her for your Xmas you'd like the car detailed - then she will appreciate what the fuss is about. ;)

Now go kiss & make up :console: