Darren-B`s Vortech Fun & Games

Darren-B

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's not good with delays this close to Wales. I hoe you get them mate so that you can get some miles on SC before opening her up :thumbs:

Good to hear, otherwise i was going to say either you or dad can get in the boot and i'll take you both in rosie. Wouldnt be the same without daz in wales :thumbs:

I can just imagine strewn cars at the side of the road with Darren being there to AA us back to camp :#1:

Not long now boys and girls :yahoo:

That's not good with delays this close to Wales. I hoe you get them mate so that you can get some miles on SC before opening her up :thumbs:

Good to hear, otherwise i was going to say either you or dad can get in the boot and i'll take you both in rosie. Wouldnt be the same without daz in wales :thumbs:

I can just imagine strewn cars at the side of the road with Darren being there to AA us back to camp :#1:

Not long now boys and girls :yahoo:

Darren is our very own AA man - ask Will :lol:

I find lack of tools / space / other vehicle to use while i'm destroying mine is the main hold up, i'll happily change my brakes and easily bolted on stuff but not everyone has a pit in their garage, let alone a garage at all :(

Poor, poor excuse :p

I did my install outside in winter under a gazebo ;)

The original ( ;) ) Z shed

045.jpg

I find lack of tools / space / other vehicle to use while i'm destroying mine is the main hold up, i'll happily change my brakes and easily bolted on stuff but not everyone has a pit in their garage, let alone a garage at all :(

Poor, poor excuse :p

I did my install outside in winter under a gazebo ;)

The original ( ;) ) Z shed

045.jpg

And he onle wore a mankini when he did it!!!!! :lol:

Looking good Darren :thumbs:

I went a different way with the FMIC mounts - I had tags welded to the pipes - love your mounts great solution. :)

I have the APS extended sump in ally works well (still needed an oil cooler for track) Never hit it and the Z speed under tray (a great mod IMO) still fits fine.

Where did you get that nice length of black pipe and the mini catch can? I'm trying to find a small one that will fit on top of the rad like Jez (Horsham) uses.

Keep up the good work - Are you going to the PS meet?

This is more good stuff darren :thumbs:

That cai is something I've been meaning to do for a long time but havn't got round to yet. Can I ask what size the 90 deg tube and couplers are and where you got them from please?

Also, have you tested whether your bumper will go back on with the oil cooler in front of the intercooler?

The reason I ask is I had to cut a good couple of inches out of my bumper to get it back on the other day after fitting mine. Mine is a bit bigger than yours so you might be ok.

And he onle wore a mankini when he did it!!!!! :lol:

:worthless:

Looking good Darren :thumbs:

I went a different way with the FMIC mounts - I had tags welded to the pipes - love your mounts great solution. :)I cheated a little as I had that bracket as a spare from my MX5 Milltek exhaust :teeth:

I have the APS extended sump in ally works well (still needed an oil cooler for track) Never hit it and the Z speed under tray (a great mod IMO) still fits fine. I`, just a little concerned about going down the Ali route incase I knock it, but then if I knock the sump I`ve probably already damaged the bumper & the oil cooler :shrug: But the oil cooler is just about repairable on the roadside

Where did you get that nice length of black pipe and the mini catch can? I'm trying to find a small one that will fit on top of the rad like Jez (Horsham) uses. The pipework came from http://www.autosiliconehoses.com I have a discount code ;)

Keep up the good work - Are you going to the PS meet? I hope to be up & running for the PS meet, if so I`ll be there

Edit:

The catch can came from fleabay, search SMALL OIL CATCH CAN. You will need the 10mm brass fittings,

This is more good stuff darren :thumbs:

That cai is something I've been meaning to do for a long time but havn't got round to yet. Can I ask what size the 90 deg tube and couplers are and where you got them from please?

90mm Tubing/ hoses, It was a right bugger to fit, crash bar off & headlight off :thumbdown: If I was to do it again I would use straight hard tube, a 90degree silicone elbow & a 45degree silicone elbow, + a length of straight silicone tube (depending on the size of the filter, as you only have 154mm between the radiator & crash bar. You don`t really want the filter against the Rad

Also, have you tested whether your bumper will go back on with the oil cooler in front of the intercooler?

The reason I ask is I had to cut a good couple of inches out of my bumper to get it back on the other day after fitting mine. Mine is a bit bigger than yours so you might be ok. Yes the bumper fits as I tried the cooler in before removing the bumper, had to make a slight trim on the grill to allow for the fittings

Once you have taken it apart to see how it works it's easy :)

I was thinking this & I do infact have a larger filter on order, good for 600bhp aparantly. :teeth:

Although the ratings only really aply to NA cars as they have to work for their air a little more & never reach any positive intake pressure so any restriction in intake airflow will have a negative affect

A belated update from last week. The FRS, MAF & Plugs turned up on Thursday, which I fitted on THursday evening,

Fuel line held in place with screwdrivers in order to locate the best place to fit the regulator

Sat21stApril010.jpg

Sat21stApril011.jpg

Fitted & plumbed in with return hose under the chassis running parallel with the other fuel/evap hoses.

Sat21stApril026.jpg

The front end back together with plugs, Maf & ECU fitted

Sat21stApril028.jpg

Then the Fuel pump assembly came out

Sat21stApril013.jpg

Stock regulator removed & return internal hose fitted,

Sat21stApril012.jpg

Slight mod to allow the return line to seal properly

Sat21stApril014.jpg

Trusty Dremel, worth it`s weight in gold for this build

Sat21stApril015.jpg

Hose fitted & sealed :blush:

Sat21stApril020.jpg

Then things took a turn for the worse & I got a little uptight :dummy: Getting the return fuel line from under the car to the top of the tank was a complete nightmare as the new braided hose is about 3 times the thickness of the stock ones & has a big nut on the end. This was in-tale was very difficult to route up & over the top of the tank as there is very little clearance. Just as I was about to give up after losing most of the skin on my hands & drop the rear subframe to loosen the fuel tank we somehow got the bugger through.

So got the fuel pump assembly back into the tank with a replacement O-Ring & return line tightened

Sat21stApril021.jpg

Prime the fuel lines & we have a leak up front :thumbdown: I had managed to pinch the o-ring on the stock fuel line assembly :bangin: after a little more swearing & a big hunt for an o-ring to suit I found one :teeth:

So tried again, .................... :p We had fuel pressure, turn key & :yahoo::yahoo: broom first click & the beast was roaring. So then calibrated the fuel pressure & went for a little drive to ensure every think was ok.

It was, had a short drive around the block then back in to check for any problems, all was good so :drunk: then bed.

Saturday I pretty much had nothing to do so gave her a quick clean & cleared the garaged out to make room for some new machinery thats due tomorrow :ninja:

Sat21stApril033.jpg

Sat21stApril034.jpg

Watch this space as there could be an exciting update tomorrow evening :wave:

:lol: The other night when you said you'd had a bad night I was gonna say I bet it was routing the return fuel hose! I wish I had now! :lol:

I found it much easier pushing it down the through the gap from inside the car. I suppose I could have told you that first. :lol:

Its a good feeling when you turn the key and all is well eh? :D(just don't tell keyser as I'm not sure he's experienced that feeling yet) :lol:

What FP you running? 52 psi ?

Keep up the good work.

I got a delivery of a new K&N RX-4140 air filter and breather filter today, just waiting for the pipework now then will make up my CAI. Fitted the Oil Catch Can yeasterday and works well. :)

For your info the above K&N RX-4140 Filter has the 90mm fitting, can fit straight on the end of the Vortech and sticks through the intake hole or can be used on a CAI and will fit between the rad and crash bar without any probs.