A Zed Dilema - Advice needed

Spidermonk

The other night my las uttered the immortal words that no man ever wants to hear, “Lets go to West Midlands Safari Park!†:bang:

This conjured up the distant memory of a trip with my grandfather, neigh on 30 years ago, with one Monkey imaginatively creating shapes with the car aerial and another vanishing in to the distance proudly brandishing a ripped off wiper blade from my grandfather’s beloved Austin Allegro; a sort of trophy proving beyond all doubt that he was the Alpha male. Basically the sort of behaviour you see in Rotherham on a Friday night.

Then there was the camel that blocked the road and repetitively spat on the windscreen when my grandfather hooted, oh and the Deer trying to put its head through the window in the hunt for food, ignorant to the fact that its antlers couldn’t quite fit and naively bashed, dented and scraped the paint from the window surround.

Of course, this was all of great delight to an over excited 5 year old :teeth:, though cut to 30 years in the future and I now have serious concerns about taking my beloved there, I care for her paint, wipers and aerial far too much. My other half insists the animals are well behaved and the monkeys are now caged, but I’ve yet to be convinced.

So what are you thoughts? Would you risk taking your Zed through a Safari Park?

One word - NO!

Ok so we went to Longleat in the other halfs Corsa, and to be fair the monkeys there are now caged and there is a get around route so you dont have to go in that bit. But you still go past other wild animals that can damage the car and however unlikely - theres no way I'd take a Zed there.

Find a friend with a 5 seater car and go with them ;):lol:

+ 1 with Ekona and Chris, I wouldn't take my car through, just not worth it. You could check and see if the park has a safari bus / coach thing. They often have one for people who want to see the animals but not drive their own car through. I think Longleat have one, so it might be worth checking out if this park has something similar. Longleat also have a 'cut through' which avoids the 'cheeky monkey' enclosure :lol:

Hire a Corsa for about £50, much cheaper than the damage to your Zed!

Not when they do you for the excess when it gets damaged :lol:

Bockaaarck has a good point - they will likely do a bus that you can ride on. Take the car to the park and then go around in their guide bus thing. Might cost a bit more but will be worth it to keep the Zed safe :thumbs:

No monkeys at West Mids any more.

We've been there in the girlfriend's Megane a few times, nothing has ever got damaged on that, even feeding the camels and giraffes through the sunroof, but you never know...

I had the exact same situation a few weeks back when my missus said to me "lets go to the zoo" and we ended up going to some safari park or another. Think it may have been Wickstead park - thats how interested I was, I cant even remember what it was called. :lol: But in order to keep her happy we went.

So, I say to her, no way on gods earth am I taking my roadster there. So we go in her Peugeot 307 instead. Actually when we got there, there was big signs saying people who have roadsters or convertibles are not allowed to drive through the park - you have to go straight to the parking area. I guess thats to stop the elephants, monkeys and rhino`s from eating half your car.

Cos we were in her car I had no hesitation at all driving through the monkey area. They just jumped on everyones cars, ripped off the occasional window wiper / arial and that was it. They seemed to enjoy jumping on the car at the entrance, then riding on it around before jumping off at the end. It was actually quite funny as people were stopping their cars to look at the monkies and some guy in a new flashy looking Audi A4 was getting anoyed at this. So he overtakes everyone and pushes in. This monkey saw the Audi and jumped straight on the roof, then proceeded to urinate all over the guys roof. It was running down the windows and side of the car everywhere. Oh how I laughed. :lol:

Dont take the Zed :scare: ........ buy a car from the free add's/auto trader that run's, might cost you £50-£100. Drive it there, round the park and then on the way home to the nearest scrap yard who will give you £50 for it :thumbs:

I went through a safari park once......... my poor mini had no wipers, ariel, one wing mirror hanging off and a dented roof :bang:

Note to self... never go to a safari park unless.....

a) some one else drives

B) you dont give a toss about your car

c) You drive a tank

I prefer option 3 :lol:

..... my poor mini had no wipers, ariel, one wing mirror hanging off and a dented roof :bang:

But those were an optional extra on the Mini's Jim..... :wacko:

Perhaps I should have stated on the way out of the Safari Park............ NOT ON THE WAY IN !!!!! :lol:

Cos we were in her car I had no hesitation at all driving through the monkey area.

I like your style Rabbitstew :thumbs:

Seems like many of you have had problems with Safari Parks!

Looks like we'll be taking one off the Safari Buses, either that or delay the day out until we drive down to visit my parents in Bournmouth next year, which isn't to far from Longleat. Obviously the Z can't carry 4 people for our day out, so we'll be forced to use my Dad's Rav 4 :yahoo: 2 seaters can often be an advantage!