Cro's red 350z

Cro

After no less than 2 people copying my Clio, to the point where externally I could barely tell the difference! So I've lost most of the love for the Clio.

Here's the new toy, and it's epic

06 car with 14k and is mint. Plenty of plans :)

633a1095.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

No intention on the thread title consonance :)

So it's about time I start a project thread to update how things progress across the Z ownership

I picked the car up like this

d06f2322.jpg

Bit of a small update on what I've been up to since having it.

The standard boot mat is as flimsy as tescos own brand bog roll so a new boot mat from Nissan was on order, fitted, thick and much much nicer. I moved the boot net from the clio across as I found it so handy to stop things sliding about

928e4549.jpg

Some carbon bonnet struts to do away with the manual holder

a40624d8.jpg

Also ordered some spacers, 20mm front and 25mm rear for the standard wheels, they needed it so badly. I'll throw up the befores and after when I get some after pics taken. Could prob have done a 25/30 split but its only for a while until the new wheels arrive anyway.

Then these arrived yesterday :D

a61ebbfc.jpg

Once I work out what the craic is i'll get onto fitting them. Unlike most shocks I've worked with before the bottom of the strut rotates to enlongate or shorten the strut as well as the usual spring collars for the height. So unsure how what settings and that it needs to go to

Chris has them on his and the ride is very good, I don't even need to mention the looks

Wheels are on order and should be here within the week or so. Prob just trial fit them and then off again before we get the worst of the winter stuff

Nothing fancy yet, but plenty of decent photography once the big chances start to happen

They are xyz coilovers Neil. Really well reviewed in the Evo world and having been in chris' pearl white they are really comfy and a decent price.

Hopefully only having done 14k and garaged its life it won't be too bad but nothing I don't have the tools for anyway so should be grand. Easy life would be nice though lol

Cheers Karl, really grown to love the nismo kit, it did completely make the wheel choice so much more difficult to keep it looking aggressive but should come off pretty nicely

You might be joking but if its the car I looked at a month ago it was owned and driven by a 78 year old men B)

Lol yeah must be the same one!

Respect B)

I feel all young again :yahoo::lol:

After that shock, slightly belated welcome to the forum Cro and looks like you have a great ZED there and some nice mods going on :thumbs