Tyre guide: post your tyre review here

Stew

I'm switching to Falkens 452s this weekend so will give my thoughts shortly.

I'm finding so little grip with Bridgestones at the moment that most shopping hatches are passing me on roundabouts. I have managed to get the best part of 27k miles out of them though. :teeth:

GY Eagle is a superb tyre imho, but they dont make em in 225/45/18 for the fronts :rant:

We've got GSD3's on the front - brilliant as usual. The bloke we bought the car from had just bought a set of RE050's for the back, so I haven't been able to justify replacing them yet - at around £270 a pop (Nismo 19 inch alloys) it's no small matter. I wil *never* by bridgestone rubbish again :yuck: !

A track day or two down the line, and we'll definitely have GSD3's all around.

I have them on my VR4 - got around 18K out of the 1st set, and have just bought another set. Fantastic in the wet & dry. Only negative I've heard about them is the sidewall is a bit soft, so the tyre rolls a bit - only really noticable on track days (from the Mitsi Evo crowd).

• 3 weeks later...

have just gone from the OEM tyres to Toyo Proxes T1-R all round - the difference is amazing, nissan are idiots for putting those bridgestones on as the default tyre..

pissing down today and the wet handling is simply fantastic..

wish I had changed them as soon as I got the car now!

The reason that Nissan went with the bridgestones was because the toyo's hadn't been approved by the BSI when they were launching the car.

Well that's what Mike Bewer told us when he was invited to test the Z pre launch.

• 3 weeks later...

Guys, I'm a rookie. Can someone help please...

I've a GT4 with the GT4 wheels of course and want to know what size tyres I could fit on them..... They're stock Bridgestone Potenzas at the moment:

On the front I have 225 45 18

On the back I have 245 45 18

I'm finding it 'skittish' at the moment and have read that may be b'cos the Potenzas are poor and maybe I should get some Falken 452s or Toyo T1-Rs but how wide can / should I go to improve handling and look good ;-)

I've a GT4 with the GT4 wheels of course and want to know what size tyres I could fit on them..... They're stock Bridgestone Potenzas at the moment:

I'm finding it 'skittish' at the moment and have read that may be b'cos the Potenzas are poor and maybe I should get some Falken 452s or Toyo T1-Rs but how wide can / should I go to improve handling and look good ;-)

Yes another GT4 owner :thumbs:

have just gone from the OEM tyres to Toyo Proxes T1-R all round - the difference is amazing, nissan are idiots for putting those bridgestones on as the default tyre..

pissing down today and the wet handling is simply fantastic..

wish I had changed them as soon as I got the car now!

I concur. Much quieter and better handling :thumbs:

Believe you can go 265/40/18 on the rear with the std 8" wide rim, (same as the GT4s???)...can't remember where I read that though... think it was on a US forum. A tyre calculator would tell you, plenty of these available on the web :thumbs: Potenzas are mince though...had them on my last two cars and never liked them

Bridgestones are not bad tyres, lets be honest... I'll jump in their defence (but remember I bought the Michelin pilot sports for UK driving...)

the problem with BS is that they are designed for a very specific condition which is not suitable for UK/Euro driving styles...

If you have a smooth, dry track, you can put some heat intothe tyres and you like a bit of "oversteer", then bridgestones are the ones for you.

Uk is rough, wet cold and too much oversteering in bumpy A roads is not ideal ( unless you are the stig... or someone of a similar skill...) :headhurt:

• Like 1

These GT4s are getting very common. :p

I thought they were meant to be limited edition. :bleh:

These GT4s are getting very common. :p

I thought they were meant to be limited edition. :bleh:

They are limited edition.....100 Kuro, 76 Ultra Yellow. :dry:

I had a set of Pirelli p6000'S on my previous car (200sx) and I found them to be very good indeed. Very grippy and they didn't wear out too quickly. Before that I had Uniroyal and they were as bald as me after 11k so stay clear of those.

I now have Pirelli P zeros on my Z and they seem the business so far but I have been taking it easy through the winter.

:thumbs: