People's reactions to the zed.

rabbitstew

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had similar the other week driving through York ...Bus load of Japanese tourists stopping and taking pics of it at the traffic lights near Lendal Bridge.

Had a nice thumbs up from an M3 driver giving a bootful from the M1 down the Parkway in Sheffield and realising that i wasnt dropping back from him before he had to slam the anchors on to avoid the van in front of him as i peeled off down the Morrisons sliproad.

i find my self driving whilst giggling like a girl when shizzle like that happens ...which, oddly, is failry often.

The guys at the MOT station yesterday were almost fighting over my keys to drive it onto the ramps. Nice to see considering there were some top Mercs, Beemers and Maserati's waiting to be tested in front of mine.

My favourite time was seeing a guy leaning against my parked car flirting with a nice lady. That was until I walked up and got in it. :blush:

I would of raged if someone was leaning on my car lol

Very weird... :scare:

I'd have walked up to him and asked him if I could help him.... make it as embarrassing as possible for him. Muppet.

I would never DREAM of leaning on ANY car that wasn't mine (wouldn't lean on my own either though!) :blink:

Overheard a couple of chaps at the PH SS meet yesterday when walking past a silver Zed...

"So what you think of these then?"

"Yeah they're alright, I still think of them as Datsuns though"

"That's because they are Datsuns really!"

:lol:

I think they were being complimentary rather than snidey, made me chuckle though.

Its bizarre isn't it, I was on the M4 I think it was driving towards Bristol and I overtook an old Audi who was pootling along on the inside lane, I just pulled out, 5th gear, and floored it and pulled back in and slowed a bit. I looked in the mirror and the Audi was slowly catching up, he pulled out, pulled up next to me, was a guy about early twenties I think, laughing his head off giving me the thumbs up and saying 'nice car' across at me. I overtook him again and he gave me a wave as I tore off...think his old green audi was falling to pieces at this point :lol:

It restores your faith in humanity when that happens instead of someone cutting you up, tail gating or generally driving aggressively trying to cause an accident.

I have noticed a remarkable number of tailgaters trying to get me to race them when compared to the BM. And I tend to drive above the limit slightly, so it's not as theyre annoyed at going slowly.

This is one negative side affect of driving a performance car personally. Everyone wants to race you.

The sign of a good performance car owner is that you don't race them :thumbs:

In effect you look them up and down and just think 'you are not worth the effort, come back when you got something worth racing pal' - they invariably look daft roaring off on their own anyway.

The sign of a good performance car owner is that you don't race them :thumbs:

In effect you look them up and down and just think 'you are not worth the effort, come back when you got something worth racing pal' - they invariably look daft roaring off on their own anyway.

Totally!

When I had my SEAL Leon before, I used to drive everywhere like a muppet at 100 miles an hour... Never letting (well trying not to) be over taken...

Generally driving like a bit of a prat.

Now in the Zed I am MORE than happy to relax, chill out and let a million and one people come past me. Totally changed my driving style.

Had a guy in a Mark II Fiesta want a go... looked 'suped up' .... so I guess he may have had the skillz to pay the billz, as it were. But I just didn't bother. Seemed to make him mad for some reason. so I am glad I did it!

Overheard a couple of chaps at the PH SS meet yesterday when walking past a silver Zed...

"So what you think of these then?"

"Yeah they're alright, I still think of them as Datsuns though"

"That's because they are Datsuns really!"

I think they were being complimentary rather than snidey, made me chuckle though.

its not the done thing in my line of work to have a nice car (Community worker) so whenever a colleague makes a snidey remark about Saffy I always mention the fact that she's simply a seven year old Datsun - that shuts them up and also emphasises that they know f*ck all about cars :lol:

I have noticed a remarkable number of tailgaters trying to get me to race them when compared to the BM. And I tend to drive above the limit slightly, so it's not as theyre annoyed at going slowly.

This is one negative side affect of driving a performance car personally. Everyone wants to race you.

Ive noticed this too and embarrassingly in these situations the zed doesnt seem to perform. When I first got my car I had some lad in a late 1990`s BMW coupe, I think it was something like a 325i try and race me. Because id just got the car I thought id see what it could do and to my surprise this guy was neck and neck with me in what clearly was a 500quid banger. Since then I had some mazda 6 series estate also keep up with me and the most recent was a 2001 4 door golf GTi laden down with 4 chavs who after letting me pass them booted it after me and was glued to my back bumper right up through 3rd and 4th in my car, before I pulled over and slowed down.

In general I normally just pull over and let people by as I cant be doing with people trying to race me, and I value my license too much. But it is a little disappointing sometimes when someone in an average car or an old banger is just as quick as a zed.

On a plus note, I popped into a tyre place this morning to get an estimate for some new tyres and the guy said to me "mate thats a bl**dy nice car you have there". Just hope they dont mess my rays up fitting the new tyres later in the week.

Ive noticed this too and embarrassingly in these situations the zed doesnt seem to perform. When I first got my car I had some lad in a late 1990`s BMW coupe, I think it was something like a 325i try and race me. Because id just got the car I thought id see what it could do and to my surprise this guy was neck and neck with me in what clearly was a 500quid banger. Since then I had some mazda 6 series estate also keep up with me and the most recent was a 2001 4 door golf GTi laden down with 4 chavs who after letting me pass them booted it after me and was glued to my back bumper right up through 3rd and 4th in my car, before I pulled over and slowed down.

In general I normally just pull over and let people by as I cant be doing with people trying to race me, and I value my license too much. But it is a little disappointing sometimes when someone in an average car or an old banger is just as quick as a zed.

On a plus note, I popped into a tyre place this morning to get an estimate for some new tyres and the guy said to me "mate thats a bl**dy nice car you have there". Just hope they dont mess my rays up fitting the new tyres later in the week.

You need to learn to drive properly then stew ;):lol:

As a teacher most of the reactions I get from kids vary from 'loving the car' to 'i'm going to steal it'

Noticed a lot of staring from the general public though

It does serve as a good icebreaker with particularly 'hard-to-reach' young people

:thumbs:

This has to be my favourtie thread!!

Had my first tourist pics taken last week by an old thai couple!  :thumbs:  :teeth: 

Also had a guy in work ask at reception "Whos is that nice looking porsche outside!"

LOL

Take your car over to Europe and it's next level, I lost count the amount of times I was pointed at or looked at by passengers, drivers and pedestrians. The police even pulled me over in Germany to take a look under the hood, but when 10 other coppers come over to look it got kinda embarrassing.

Take your car to Hungary and you'll not just get one onlooker in a group but the whole lot. For instance I went past a college and bus station, every single head turned as we drove by.  Chamomix in France people were looking through the windows of the car and taking pictures. I even got a priority position on the ferry right up the front where all other cars were shoved on higher decks. Got in the lift and some bloke said "is that a jap car" erm yeah, VERY NICE he replied. I even got thumbs up from a couple of the guys dealing with the cars to board and disembark. I LOVE MY ZED  :dance: 

I was working on the car today and a couple of young kids cycled past:

Them: "Is that your car"

Me: "Yep"

Them: "Is it a lamborghini?"

Me: "Er... no" (then with me quite liking the lime light) "this is waaaaay faster than a lamborghini"

Kid to other kid: "told you so"

Made my day it did!

I love you

• 3 weeks later...

Driving on the A4 elevated section past Brentford, windows down, singing out loud suddenly realise to my immediate right are a bunch of lads in an old Golf having a giggle at me at my expense :blush: I stopped singing anyway and then they started shouting something at me...at 40mph...I couldnt hear so the guy in the passenger side leant out and said 'how much did you pay for that mate'...I replied...he rubbed his chin philosophically nodded and then leant back in and they tore off down the road. :wacko:

I get a lot of different reactions. i was only 22 when i got the car and a lot of people look at me as though i have either knicked it or as though i'm a spoiled brat. especially as i bought it with a private palte allready on - neither is the case, i'm just now skint permanently :lol:

when i first got the car, my family were asking if its a fanny magnet, but in reality it probably the perfect car for pulling blokes in socks and sandal :doh: have had a few people asking me what it is, asking the spec and MPG ^^ the guy in my local filling station loves it. had a little kiddo looking at it with his dad once. he saw the Z badges and asked him if it was a Zonda... hehe. was happy to show him around it.

some people hear me coming, even when im not going quickly and as a result have a face like a slapped arse as i go past, but these are probably the same people that think its perfectly considerate to cruise along an A-road at 35 mph.

I sometimes get amuzing reactions from people in the passenger seat. usually giggling or clenching, sometimes both :blush:

in general though, i often let people out and im allways the first to start reversing if i meet someone on a back lane so its usually just a friendly wave or a nod.

oh, and you can't forget the boy racers in saxos and 106s who think that people in sports cars dont know how to drive them.

I found I suddenly got a lot more attention when the Nissan badges came off and the Volks went on - it transformed the look of the car. I don't think it has anything to do with performance or value, but more to do with exclusivity and looks - JCBs cost much more than a 370 or 350 but your wouldnt go up and tell the guy 'nice motor mate' :lol:

I found I suddenly got a lot more attention when the Nissan badges came off and the Volks went on - it transformed the look of the car. I don't think it has anything to do with performance or value, but more to do with exclusivity and looks - JCBs cost much more than a 370 or 350 but your wouldnt go up and tell the guy 'nice motor mate' :lol:

yeah. i find it tends to be people who dont really know what theyre looking at who like it the most