Non GT

Deadlysub

I have been looking for a 350 for a while now and haven't found the right car. I have come across one which hasn't got the GT pack but it has caught my eye.

I don't mind not having leather seats or cruise control but Is the Bose system in the GT cars worth it. I have read a lot of people on here have problems with it?

Before I get flamed for not doing a search, I did do one but I'm tired and may not of looked as well as I could but I know this is something which will have been covered loads :snack:

Thanks guys

Apart from what you mentioned, there is no difference between the GT and non GT. They are cheaper, but come sale time they are harder to shift on than GT cars.

Not sure what problems you refer to, cruise and seats are fine - Bose CD skips by all accounts but can't imagine its any worse than the standard CD?

+1 on what the guys have already said. If you can get a GT model, go for it. Those 2 little letters after the 350z will make it alot easier to shift, though on the grand scheme of things, it may not make a massive amount of difference on a day to day ownership scope! Personal opinion buddy. I'm guessing you have already made your mind up!!

How much are you saving buying the non-GT car though? If its good money then I wouldn't be too bothered taking a non-GT.......lets face it the way depreciation is going at the moment it'll only be worth £4.50 because a tank of fuel will be £1000 in a couple of years anyway!

I think it all boils down to the price really. Personally I wouldnt be bothered if a car didnt have the GT pack if it was the right price as you could just fit a decent stereo and maybe some aftermarket racing seats or something if needbe. But for the difference in price the GT pack does seem good value for the bits it adds.

The bose stereo is actually pretty good in my opinion, you wont believe the number of speakers it has and having a sub woofer behind the drivers seat gives you a big kick when the bass drops. You can easily wire an ipod or any mp3/phone up to it and mine sounds great through it.

I have heard some bose units skip on cd`s but mines fine.

Most people only care about leather seats so you could always fit those second hand if you were bothered.

People make a big play about the GT pack but this is because they know all about it. Most people when starting to look for a 350z have no idea what the specs are and what they include, they do however see leather seats and think mmmmmmmm nice!

Price is also a key factor!

When I was looking, and I looked for a good couple of months before buying, I saw non GTs sitting on AT and PH for that whole duration. I guess if you are buying to drive it till it expires, nothing wrong with a non GT, in fact you should probably go non GT.

Have you tried posting something in the Wanted section on here? Might be a few members thinking of selling who haven't advertised yet.

Personally I saved £2k by buying a non-GT and got a lower mileage car in better condition. Trade-In prices are only £500 less than a GT.

If you're looking at the low-end (£6k-8k) a UK non-GT makes more sense than a tatty import or high mileage GT that needs a nose respray and wheel refurb.

Don't get a non GT if you ever plan on selling it.....

They hang around for YEARS!

Listen to this.

Some GT pack cars are like this, Just look at Magics car - He's been trying since November to sell his at more than a fair price :surrender:

I have been trying to get a facelift GT car with the rev up engine but finding a good example has been difficult, I have looked at a few and they have been tatty and overpriced. However there are 2 non GT cars with low mileage and well priced but they are both pre facelift.

It's worth a look and if I can get a good deal it may be worth it?

I have never put so much effort into buying a car before. I currently have a VX220 and I fell lucky finding that as I did with the Civic Type R I had before it.

At the very least make sure it has the rays alloys. The standard ones are absolutely ugly!

The only problem with the BOSE is the skipping CD. There is a guide on here that shows you how to wire in a aux jack for mps or ipod or iphone. Do that and never use the CD player is the best option.

It is difficult to understand why a non GT is perceived as 'inferior' when as others have said the Bose gets replaced because it dosen't work well; cruise is rarely used and leather seats need to be looked after and we have seen so many look less than pristine after a few years as they don't wear so well as the cloth seats, unless really looked after.

I suspect it is only the absence of the leather seats that is off-putting to those in the trade or potential purchasers who believe that is a must have.

If you buy a non-GT car at a good price but have an eye on a future sale, watch for leather seats being offered for sale - they do come up from time to time on here, as well as from breakers. For what you would have to pay, some way down the line, you could can make a good saving now :shrug:

It is difficult to understand why a non GT is perceived as 'inferior' when as others have said the Bose gets replaced because it dosen't work well; cruise is rarely used and leather seats need to be looked after

Its just one of those things which seem to have become a "must have". When I was looking at BMW m3`s, any without the build in sat nav were between £1000 and £1500 cheaper!!!! as it was something *everyone* wanted for some reason. God knows why as you can get a tomtom for 70quid and use that instead.

It is difficult to understand why a non GT is perceived as 'inferior' when as others have said the Bose gets replaced because it dosen't work well; cruise is rarely used and leather seats need to be looked after and we have seen so many look less than pristine after a few years as they don't wear so well as the cloth seats, unless really looked after.

I suspect it is only the absence of the leather seats that is off-putting to those in the trade or potential purchasers who believe that is a must have.

If you buy a non-GT car at a good price but have an eye on a future sale, watch for leather seats being offered for sale - they do come up from time to time on here, as well as from breakers. For what you would have to pay, some way down the line, you could can make a good saving now :shrug:

+1

I bought my non-gt new, as I did my reserch before hand and bought the car I wanted, and not for the next man. The whole leather seat lust is totally beyond me, as most leather grades short of full on Nappa are pretty naff IMO.

I would say the only deal breaker is if you simply MUST HAVE cruise control. At retail, i certainly wasn't going to part with £2.5K just for that, even if it would have been nice.

+1

I bought my non-gt new, as I did my reserch before hand and bought the car I wanted, and not for the next man. The whole leather seat lust is totally beyond me, as most leather grades short of full on Nappa are pretty naff IMO.

I would say the only deal breaker is if you simply MUST HAVE cruise control. At retail, i certainly wasn't going to part with £2.5K just for that, even if it would have been nice.

I went for a GT car but in hindsight I should have bought a non GT - by the end I had no remains of the GT pack fitted to my car.

If your planning on modding the car a bit then I'd go for a non GT

Ours is a non GT and anyone who knows our car do you really think that it aint going to sell because its not a GT model? In the end surely it comes down to condition, mileage, add-ons and what your asking for the car? We looked at GT's and choptop versions and do you know what swung it for us .......condition, colour, and the bits on the car....NOT the odd extra's that come with a GT. Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong but just my opinion though but I wouldnt be hung up with the whole GT and no GT thing more important would be UK versus JDM.