Was not expecting this when the call came in

Keyser

Thought I'd share this with you I only had a busy day until ........

I get a call at around 10:30 AM, went like this -

Client - We have a problem with the computers and server

Me - What sort of a problem?

Client - Err well ummm I think you need to come and see for yourself.

Me - Is it an emergency?

Client - Very much so!

Me - I can be with you in 20 minutes is that OK?

Client - Yes sooner if you can make it!

Me - OK be there as soon as I can.

This is not that uncommon we get all sorts of strange things happening with computer systems from emails appearing and disappearing to screens turning upside down (Joke Viruses) and good old finger trouble. :lol:

Anyway I snapped these as I got closer to the clients site -

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

IMAG0060.jpg

The water was dying down by the time I got in and turned the ring main off!

So when I walked in the door all this was live :scare:

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0072.jpg

IMAG0071.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

Took this quick vid as we assesed the damage -

th_WetPC.jpg

But this vid was taken before I got there -

th_Water1.jpg

Thought it may brighten your day :blush:

I'm writing the report for the insurance assessor at the moment!

Hasn't rained here all day :thumbs: in fact it's been fairly reasonable for this time of year B)

So erm daft question was that all rainfall from the street or do the have some sort of roof leak as that's a lot of water from just the rain. They said only an inch of water was expected?

bloody hell, i just got a message from my bro about driving down to london tomorrow and ame....he just said he wouldnt advise the trip... unfortunately i have no choice. I'm in stornoway and it is beautiful with sun splitting the trees

i'm driving up to sheffield tomorrow have i got some good weather to look forward to? don't mind, got new tyres on good tread, just done tyre pressures, cleaned the screen, checked all fluid levels. and all good to go. will chew through what ever is thrown my way B)

My old office was in More London Place near Tower Bridge in a brand new office complex, except some bright spark thought it would be a good idea to have all the servers in the basement...of course we then had a burst water main which closed the building, killed all the servers, and put us offline for about a week. So what happened next? Our company put replacement non waterproof servers back in the same basement ... and almost a year later, same thing happened again! :doh:

http://www.london-se1.co.uk/news/view/3884

If all that was live, you have something seriously wrong with your electrical protection circuit! :surrender:

Funny you should say that - the electrical contractor who is assessing the damage to the electrics said he wanted to fully test the panel as not 1 fuse tripped :scare:

The pic with the 4 way extension lead completley underwater had a monitor and a printer plugged in both of which were still on - I have no idea how that could happen!

Usually everything goes fizz bang when water and electric get inthe mix!

If all that was live, you have something seriously wrong with your electrical protection circuit! :surrender:

Funny you should say that - the electrical contractor who is assessing the damage to the electrics said he wanted to fully test the panel as not 1 fuse tripped :scare:

The pic with the 4 way extension lead completley underwater had a monitor and a printer plugged in both of which were still on - I have no idea how that could happen!

Usually everything goes fizz bang when water and electric get inthe mix!

Been a industrial sparky for 31 years so i should be right in thinking something is quite not right with your electrics. :lol: Do you not have a earth leakage circuit breaker on your sockets?