Amy Winehouse found dead!!!

SteveRS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She had that whole 60s going on. Now she ended the same way. Hendrix, Joplin, Moon, etc. Etc

I saw here live before she went nuts, brilliant. Such a shame :byebye:

Welcome to The 27 Club, Amy.

Hendrix, Morrison, Joplin, Cobain, Brian Jones.

It's what she would have wanted.

Yep, strange one that isn't it. :wacko:

RIP Amy.

Sometimes people are troubled, could be something in her younger years, some people are affected worse than others, all the talent and money in the world doesn't help, it makes it worse for someone with a troubled mind. I hope she is finally at peace.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I agree the terrorism in Norway is far worse but the way of the world is showbiz sells.

I agree the drug taking is not a great role model, but how many of these stars go to rehab, lots , showbiz is rife with drugs.

It would be a little hypocritical to slag off Amy Winehouse when she's dead but call Charlie Sheen a legend wouldn't it..

:shrug:

Sometimes people are troubled, could be something in her younger years, some people are affected worse than others, all the talent and money in the world doesn't help, it makes it worse for someone with a troubled mind. I hope she is finally at peace.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I agree the terrorism in Norway is far worse but the way of the world is showbiz sells.

I agree the drug taking is not a great role model, but how many of these stars go to rehab, lots , showbiz is rife with drugs.

It would be a little hypocritical to slag off Amy Winehouse when she's dead but call Charlie Sheen a legend wouldn't it..

+1 I have very mixed emotions about this.

Charlie Sheen is most definitely not "winning" IMO.

I cannot believe what some of you guys are saying , SHAME ON YOU just hope your kids don't get involved in drink or drugs.

I think some of those posts need re thinking and deleting don't you.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I do not think on that basis that people need to rethink or delete their comments.

Nobody has been over harsh or abusive so nothing needs deleting.

Don't / didn't hate her, thought she had a great voice but looked a complete and utter mess and the less said about her lifestyle etc the better.

R.I.P. anyway Amy

I am guessing she won't be cremated otherwise half of London will get high :scare:

.......he's a grade 'A' ***** as well.

If it helps Ace I feel sorry for her parents but thats about it - she laid the path she took down herself.

All I can say is its a good job I wasn't a member of the forum when Jade Goody went because my comments on that cretin would probably have resulted in a ban!

Always remember - just because your dead, dying or old you can still be a complete knobpiece.

I know what you're saying dude and you have some very valid points. I agree that the celeb world is rife with drugs and no celeb that takes drugs should be treated as a role model!

The difference between Winehouse and other drug taking celebs is that she has repeatedly taken them until they killed her. She wasn't shy about it either, it's been in the news constantly for years and now that she has died, people are shocked and mournful. Would there be the same reaction if Pete Doherty killed himself or would people just say "well he had it coming"?

Ultimately, my biggest problem with this is what she has done to her family. I think it's incredibly selfish and I genuinely feel for her family. As Ive said, no parent should have to bury their child and to bury her under these circumstances is shocking!

She was supposed to be a role model and as it is almost always the case, she got in with the wrong people and it killed her.

I'm on the fence with it tbh guys.

Neither loved her or hated her, appreciated she was a good singer but yeah she was a mess..

I'm just saying it can be easy to judge someone when you don't know what demons she was facing everyday. I really don't think she set out to be a junkie that died at 27. As most people probably have, I've seen first hand what heroin does to someone, it's not nice and he didn't make it to 30 either.

:thumbdown:

On the fence with this one too I'm afraid

I think she had an amazing voice but like others didn't really bother with all the hype around her when she was alive. Yes she was not the greatest role model but who kept her in the limelight? The media and vicariously us - the general population. We don't know the full story but it just seems as if drugs got ahold of her and she couldn't escape it.

Maybe some of you have seen people with an addiction or faced an addiction yourself. I have never even tried smoking so can't even begin to relate with how screwed she must of been to create the downward spiral she did in recent years.

P.s. Couldn't stand Jade Goody or her partner Jack or whatever his name is.

P.p.s Charlie Sheen is a god.

P.p.p.s Kurtz Cobain was murdered

:snack:

Sorry to go kind of off topic but Charlie Sheen is not a god, he is a f@@@ed up money burning junkie... Only difference between him and an old tramp with a can of special brew is all the money he has to spunk on his habits

:lol: +1 - he's is in actual fact insane :shrug:

There's no sitting on the fence for me - I'm disgusted by some people's opinions that basically translate into "Junkies deserve to die" - there is a choice to be made the first time someone trys a drug - even the second or third time- but there is no choice in addiction -or the psychology of individuals who become addicts - only the brave decision to seek treatment and keep on working at it for the rest of their lives.

Those of you that hold such opinions obviously have no knowledge, understanding or experience of addiction.

It is just a sad fact of humanity.

As for Wino - meh - :shrug: its happened :shrug: and all you can do is feel sorry for those left behind

Got to agree with the other half on her last post. :wacko: Rolling Stones, Beatles, Pink Floyd, The Doors..... All helped in some way or another by drugs...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CqBONuW70Y

Let's not forget the classic artists and musicians, most of them would have probably had a hand from Absinthe (banned throughout most of europe for the psychoactive ingredients until recent years) and/or Opium. I guess the point i'm making is that in one way or another in the "civilised" world almost everyone has been influenced by drugs

Sorry to go kind of off topic but Charlie Sheen is not a god, he is a f@@@ed up money burning junkie... Only difference between him and an old tramp with a can of special brew is all the money he has to spunk on his habits

:lol: +1 - he's is in actual fact insane :shrug:

There's no sitting on the fence for me - I'm disgusted by some people's opinions that basically translate into "Junkies deserve to die" - there is a choice to be made the first time someone trys a drug - even the second or third time- but there is no choice in addiction -or the psychology of individuals who become addicts - only the brave decision to seek treatment and keep on working at it for the rest of their lives.

Those of you that hold such opinions obviously have no knowledge, understanding or experience of addiction.

It is just a sad fact of humanity.

As for Wino - meh - :shrug: its happened :shrug: and all you can do is feel sorry for those left behind

That was my point about addiction - easy to judge if you haven't seen close hand or experienced first hand the hold it supposedly takes over you. However, the choice to take the drug that first, second or third time lies with the person. This is the reason I'm on the fence. People know in this day and age how addictive and dangerous drugs like heroin are but still take them. Maybe there are mental health and issues that trigger people to take these drugs regardless and if that's the case I would sway to one side of the fence. The thing is it's human nature and every addict with have a different story to tell.

Like u say vik she had the chance to say no first second and third time. But although we all make mistakes she obviously realised she made the wrong choice so why sing about not trying to sort it? :shrug:

And when she had close calls she still didn't learn?

Like I say I hated her before I'm not gonna pretend she was a saint just cos she's gone. Respect is earned, not deserved, dead or alive

In 2005/2006 for England and Wales it was estimated that 34.9% of 16-59 years olds have used one or more illicit drugs in their lifetime, 10.5% used one or more illicit drugs in the last year, and 6.3% in the last month. That equates to over 11 million people aged 16 to 59 in England and Wales have used illicit drugs in their lifetime while less than three and a half million are estimated to have used illicit drugs in the last year and approximately two million in the last month.

From the above it's easy to see why people get started on drugs.

In 2005/2006 for England and Wales it was estimated that 34.9% of 16-59 years olds have used one or more illicit drugs in their lifetime, 10.5% used one or more illicit drugs in the last year, and 6.3% in the last month. That equates to over 11 million people aged 16 to 59 in England and Wales have used illicit drugs in their lifetime while less than three and a half million are estimated to have used illicit drugs in the last year and approximately two million in the last month.

From the above it's easy to see why people get started on drugs.

Why? I dont think numbers explain why people start drugs?

I'm not gonna lie about having taken drugs. I think a major part of it is the peer groups you grow up with and your own choices. I have tries the usual suspects of coke and hash. I don't use them. I have however tried them when I was younger. I never formed an addiction to them as I never took enough.

Most people nowadays can't go a day without a few cups of coffee. This is due to here body forming an addiction to the caffeine. It is the same with all drugs. Eventually your body will get used to them and then start to depend on them.