I need a new toy !

Hi - I'm hoping to find a 350z soon and I know the value of joining an enthusiast's club like this. I've always loved sports cars and am looking for a new toy thats a bit different and I believe the 350z fits the bill. My last toy was a Lotus Elan but over the 3 years I owned it I managed to clock up only 800 miles - it spent most of the time under cover in my garage collecting dust only coming out on sunny days so I sold it and am now looking for a car that I can use and enjoy as a second car. Unfortunately I'm a bit OCD about cars so I'm looking for a car that is in really good original condition with a reasonable mileage. I live on the Isle of Wight so am resigned to having to travel some distance to find what would suit me. I love convertibles but think that a coupe would probably be a wiser choice to use as a daily drive especially in winter. I've nothing against imports but would want a uk car. Because of the tax band rating the best choice seems to be a pre 2006. Prices vary considerably but I would hope to pay no more than £10k to £11k - is this feasible ? I've seen a couple of cars advertised on the S2000 4U website located in Alton near Winchester - they are a bit pricey. Anyone bought a car from them ? Is it true that the way to tell whether a car is an import is by the shape of the number plate ? Any advice would be welcome.

Tony

Thanks for the responses - saves me wasting a day going there !

Tony

If you see a car you like, tell us where it is and one of the good guys on here will check it out before you need to travel :thumbs:

Welcome to the forums!

I went and looked up at S20004U garage and that was all. Those cars they are advertising have been there a while now.

Anyway good luck with the ZED hunting!

Steve.

Thanks to all for the welcomes - I hope I do become a bona fide member of your Club before too long and actually own a 350z ! Seems like a narrow escape from S2000 4U ! I saw a Coupe GT advertised at Cars of Chichester for £9995 which looks as if it might be worth a trip but again it has been there a while and when I quoted the number plate on Confused.com for an insurance quote it named the car as a "Fairlady" 350z which from my research indicates it may be an import? The good news was that comprehensive insurance was only £305 ( mostly because I'm an old git living on the Isle of Wight !! ). There are pro's and con's about whether you should buy from a dealer or private but I've bought from both in the past and if you're careful private sellers generally are better value - even a warranty doesn't cut too much ice as these are not always worth the paper they are printed on. The main problem I have is how far I have to travel to view and how descriptions live up to expectations. I will take up any offers of members who live close to any sellers who can give a unbiased opinion - another advantage of helping each other in this Club.

There is one out there with my name on it!!

Tony