• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I went for this one:-

F1 OLL

My nickname is Oll and I'm a big F1 fan. It was far more than I wanted to pay but it was the only fit that really meant something. (I initially wanted V6 OLL, but that wasnt available)

:surrender: I bet that cost more than the car! :scare:

Aaaaaaaaaannnnnddddd back on topic. Well even a little bit related to the topic would be nice.

Oh and I take a lot of the responsibility for it going waaay off topic. :blush:

:lol::lol: Yes you are at fault for starting it, you're corrupting us!! :lol::lol:

I've been looking at getting a personalised plate and found one for around £1400 all in (VAT and transfer fee) which is the lowest I've found it. But then I started thinking about another plate that would be better. I contacted one of the 3rd party sellers and they said the plate was going to be released by the DVLA in around 3 months.

Is there any way I can grab the plate before they do as I assume they're just going to buy it, stick 50% on the price then try to sell it to me. There must be a way of me getting it from the DVLA before them? Will it go to a public auction?

I've been looking at getting a personalised plate and found one for around £1400 all in (VAT and transfer fee) which is the lowest I've found it. But then I started thinking about another plate that would be better. I contacted one of the 3rd party sellers and they said the plate was going to be released by the DVLA in around 3 months.

Is there any way I can grab the plate before they do as I assume they're just going to buy it, stick 50% on the price then try to sell it to me. There must be a way of me getting it from the DVLA before them? Will it go to a public auction?

Stick the plate up on the dvla site and they will tell you if it's going to be auctioned. Then you can register an interest and they will notify you.