Engine bay revamp - updated with final pics - pg 4

Ricey

Ok so we decided as a forum that the Orange was fricking hideous. So Carla made the call on Purple.

I purchased some Ford Velvet Purple, Purple Passion (flip paint - Purple to Green), Ford Panther Black Metallic (as a base coat for the Battery/Brake Fluid cover surrounds) and some clear lacquer.

Sanded the bits I'd previously sprayed back down properly this time so the paint was properly keyed and its given a much smoother finish.

Also Took the Plenum off and polished it - see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50059&start=45

And the OEM strut brace - see viewtopic.php?f=20&t=50299

So here's the finished article.

IMAG0308.jpg

IMAG0309.jpgIMAG0310.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

IMAG0312.jpg

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much better than the orange... Nice contrast, please leave all interior design to Carla as you obviously are colour blind :lol:

Love the polishing too, trouble is now you cant stop... You need coloured hoses, polished intake... Bolts etc etc :snack:

Red oil cap looks shite though

Mate, that is the dogs :thumbs::thumbs: , and for someone who professes to be a complete and utter dim wit with anything practical you've done well. If that hasn't got you a humongous barrel load of credit points with the owner of this highly desirable vehicle then I guess you'll have to revert to double denim :scare: On second thoughts don't do that it'll only get sp*rsmaddave in a tizzy again :lol::lol:

Top job Paul :thumbs::#1:

Mate, that is the dogs :thumbs::thumbs: , and for someone who professes to be a complete and utter dim wit with anything practical you've done well.

I've basically forced myself to improve and try to take more time. My drill even stopped working halfway through so I stripped it down and fixed it! :scare:

Edit** AND I cleaned the throttle body!

......something is wrong with the world!

nice work m8......not my taste in colour but still congrats on your efforts. :clap:

To be honest it wasn't my first choice (I thought candy green) but it does actually complement the Bronze quite well in the flesh. Piccies don't really do the flip much justice.

Im impressed... We will have to sort out a mini meet soon , be good to catch up :thumbs:

We will indeed my mate. ;)

top work that man, now come do mine, I can't be bothered :lol:

P15UL T is still selling his plenum with 'most of the hard work done' for £100 ;)

wont take too much from the stage hes got it to...

pay a younger family member to go at it with sandpaper :p

**NOTE** I do not condone child labour ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2881079.htm

How about this for your engine bay!

Good shout man but I think it might look a little odd with the purple now.........and I'm frigged if I'm respraying for a 3rd time! :lol:

I think yellow and sunset wouldn't work....

If I am honest... I wasn't sure about the purple at first... but it is growing on me.

Now I think it is ace...

:thumbs:

LOADS better than the Hot Orange... IMHO :fishslap: