Could you pass your theory test again?

MadMac

47 out of 50 only did the first one as i got bored after that,

i never revised for my original and i didn't cheat on that and i've been driving 12 years. you have to be a complete moron to fail those tests, most of its common sense.

I had to theory test for the car - it had just been computerised! Also did it for my bike.

Hazard Preception (did it for the bike) was a nightmare. I was waaaaay to fast in recognising hazards. My works fault as they give us driver training all the time even though I do 0 business miles a year! I asked my works driving instructor / assessor guy and he said all the local driving instructors were failing it. His answer was simply 'three pints.' That worked. I saw the hazard counted to 2 then clicked and got a great score.

I thought I'd do the first test before going to sleep, and this is no word of a lie, 50 out of 50. I was well chuffed!! There's some really tricky questions in there, a hell of a lot harder than what our driving exam was like all those years ago. Experience tells you a lot, and had I done that test when I was a kid I'd probably be still trying to do my test now!!

PS - I took my test 20 years ago (hell I feel old now).

*Edit* :dry: wrong screen shot loaded - turn the page and the bad news, I scored 43.... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

(I'll get my coat)

49 out of 50.

The one I got wrong was that I said I would pull out slowly at a T junction when a vehicle was approaching and indicating it was turning in.

Apparently I should wait until it start turning.

Which beggars the question, whats the f***ing point in indicators if we arent supposed to take any action on the signal and just wait and see what the driver does?! :wacko:

I thought I'd do the first test before going to sleep, and this is no word of a lie, 50 out of 50. I was well chuffed!! There's some really tricky questions in there, a hell of a lot harder than what our driving exam was like all those years ago. Experience tells you a lot, and had I done that test when I was a kid I'd probably be still trying to do my test now!!

PS - I took my test 20 years ago (hell I feel old now).

Urr, you have to click end. Note that says 50 completed questions, not 50 correct questions :p;):lol:

49 out of 50.

The one I got wrong was that I said I would pull out slowly at a T junction when a vehicle was approaching and indicating it was turning in.

Apparently I should wait until it start turning.

Which beggars the question, whats the f***ing point in indicators if we arent supposed to take any action on the signal and just wait and see what the driver does?! :wacko:

Would you really go solely on what the indicator says they were doing? That to me= pretty much instant death with the number of numpties who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Half the time people don't even indicate either.

Oh and damn you for getting the towing speed right :p:lol: Not that I've ever had to tow anything.

Would you really go solely on what the indicator says they were doing? That to me= pretty much instant death with the number of numpties who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Half the time people don't even indicate either.

Oh and damn you for getting the towing speed right :p:lol: Not that I've ever had to tow anything.

Nope - I'd go on speed of the vehicle (specificaly if its slowing down or not) and have I got time to get out and put my foot down if they are a twonk thats indicating for no reason.

If the official line is not to trust indications on vehicles and we should just watch what they do, then again, whats the point in indicators?

As for people not indicating half the time, thats what Im saying - we have no choice but to wait and see what they are doing if they aren't indicating. The clue is in the name we've given the flashing amber lights on the vehicles. "Indicators". They are designed to "indicate" your intentions to other road users so they can take appropriate action. Perhaps they should now be renamed "posibles" as in "Im possibly turning right, Im possibly not". Or "Guesticators"?

Nope - I'd go on speed of the vehicle (specificaly if its slowing down or not) and have I got time to get out and put my foot down if they are a twonk thats indicating for no reason.

If the official line is not to trust indications on vehicles and we should just watch what they do, then again, whats the point in indicators?

As for people not indicating half the time, thats what Im saying - we have no choice but to wait and see what they are doing if they aren't indicating. The clue is in the name we've given the flashing amber lights on the vehicles. "Indicators". They are designed to "indicate" your intentions to other road users so they can take appropriate action. Perhaps they should now be renamed "posibles" as in "Im possibly turning right, Im possibly not". Or "Guesticators"?

I'm still not sure there is a point in them :lol: But I'll keep using my guesticators :thumbs::lol:

49 out of 50, Got one of the arm waving ones wrong as I have never had a car without indicators :lol:

See - we're testing people on how they should indicate their intentions to other road users when their indicators are broken - but when someone is indicationg that they are turning, they say we shouldnt trust them and should wait and see what they do. What a hypocritical test.

Not that Im bitter about getting one wrong. :lol:

Passed my driving test aged 20 in 1969, first time (cost £1 back then :lol: ) . Much easier in those days, a quick eye test, just 30 minutes driving a few questions about the highway code and that's it. When my daughter was learning a couple of years ago I went through the theory test with her and scored pretty well so if I swatted up I'm sure I could pass it. :thumbs:

Oh, just remembered, hand signals were part of the test back then, many cars still had the signals that popped out of the bodywork and they were pretty unreliable :)

Pete

Passed my driving test aged 20 in 1969, first time (cost £1 back then :lol: ) . Much easier in those days, a quick eye test, just 30 minutes driving a few questions about the highway code and that's it. When my daughter was learning a couple of years ago I went through the theory test with her and scored pretty well so if I swatted up I'm sure I could pass it. :thumbs:

Oh, just remembered, hand signals were part of the test back then, many cars still had the signals that popped out of the bodywork and they were pretty unreliable :)

Pete

Passed mine in 1963, then you had to use hand signals, if you didn't you failed.

If you are coming on the Wales weekend.

Please remember sheep don't have indicators. :lol:

or

sheep dogs

tracters

silver blonds

men in hats

caravans

etc.....etc....

Oh and Saxo drivers.

So just watch out for everything then Chris? :lol:

I've had to pass my theory test twice now, once for the car and then again for the bike. Both were on pooters but the bike was with the hazzard test. I know what Stew means about being too quick. Its so obvious when it will happen but if you are too quick you are deemed to have "guessed it" rather than seen it. Which to me goes against the point, you are meant to guess when a hazzard may present itself (reading the road) and prepare for it. Whether it happens or not is incosequential if you have prepared properly. Needless to say the "few pints method" works well, but does infer that after a couple of pints, I still have good enough reactions according to the authorities :lol: