thinking of making a hole in my bumper, thoughts?

andlid

I'm thinking on making a hole in my bumper (see attached image below) where the red circle is. What would you recommend to stick there? Need to g et some airflow to my oilcooler, bonus if it looks good. Have looked at the 4-6 holes drilled option but would rather have a horn/type though.

:yawn:bumpertuck.jpg

Dont forget that it could get too cool. Tim had to tape his holes over because it was too cold

i suppose you could always fit a reducer to narrow the final output and therefore the amount of airflow, and cooling ability

Why don't you put two nostrils in, one for your air intake, and one for the oil cooler. You could use some flexi pipe to route the airflow down. At least if the cooler is getting too cold you can change the airflow :thumbs:

Maybe one of these http://www.revotec.com/airintakeducts.htm

or one of these (without the hose) http://www.revotec.com/coldairfeeds.htm

I reckon these would give a much neater look than drilling a series of small holes.

liking that first link, thanks for that one.

Function over form mate! lol..

Iphone4038.jpg

:p

:bangin:

Put a subtle vent in like on the front wing of this VW

vent3.jpg

looks good but would need to respray and do body work, quick hole in the bumper would be an easy job for me to do myself.

Why don't you put two nostrils in, one for your air intake, and one for the oil cooler. You could use some flexi pipe to route the airflow down. At least if the cooler is getting too cold you can change the airflow :thumbs:

could do that but the one for the airfilter woudn't actually be doing anything, the filters will sit on either of the side down at the top of the bumper.

Dont forget that it could get too cool. Tim had to tape his holes over because it was too cold

Won't be getting to cold I'd say, will only engage once it reaches certain temp (supossedly)

Does your oil cooler not get flow?

I'd look at moving it rather than cutting bumpers up!

no room... :snack:

introspect has the right idea, thats exactly what i would have gone for.

mmm looking at some of them now.

glory hole eh anders? ;)

why dont you just take a diverted air flow from underneath?

that is an idea, something pretty flat but wide and then go into a 'hose' like connection on the back and have a pipe against the cooler.

:disguise: hunt goes on.

glory hole eh anders? ;)

that is an idea, something pretty flat but wide and then go into a 'hose' like connection on the back and have a pipe against the cooler.

Isn't that what the strosek has?

glory hole eh anders? ;)

Isn't that what the strosek has?

that has honda vtec type holes at the sides for the center of the bumper, was thinking something like 50mm but 150-200mm wide that can be fitted under the bumper with a hose to the cooler. Might not be needed though, will monitor heat first I think. Good with a backup plan though.

that has honda vtec type holes at the sides for the center of the bumper, was thinking something like 50mm but 150-200mm wide that can be fitted under the bumper with a hose to the cooler. Might not be needed though, will monitor heat first I think. Good with a backup plan though.

The round holes? I was thinking those little small rectangular holes just above the splitter with a hose going up from them :thumbs:

The round holes? I was thinking those little small rectangular holes just above the splitter with a hose going up from them :thumbs:

:blush: can you paintshop that and show me what you're on about?

:blush: can you paintshop that and show me what you're on about?

Sure :thumbs:

Might be talking out my ass though :lol::lol:

The holes circled in red :thumbs:

post-6349-135011904435_thumb.jpg