Veilside VS3 Roadster (pics)

Shawn

Finally got my body kit fitted by the guys at Falcon Performance (R35LEE). They managed to do an excellent job with the parts given, albeit at an expense. Many thanks :thumbs:

I originally got the parts from Mad Motors online but the fitment was terrible. We spent more money on repairing the kit than the cost of the kit itself. The wide arches were completely the wrong shape and couldn't be fitted, so I will be arranging to return them. Mad Motors got these parts from Prestige Styling and Performance, formerly known as UV worldwide - anyone know about these guys (Rick and Graham)?? I will make another post at some point with the full details and pictures of the project as it was coming together to show you what I mean. In the meantime, here are pics of it all done B)

DSC_0091-1280.jpg

DSC_0092-1280.jpg

DSC_0093-1280.jpg

DSC_0100-1280.jpg

DSC_0101-1280.jpg

DSC_0107-1280.jpg

DSC_0108-1280.jpg

DSC_0110-1280.jpg

DSC_0114-1280.jpg

DSC_0117-1280.jpg

DSC_0120-1280.jpg

DSC_0121-1280.jpg

DSC_0124-1280.jpg

DSC_0127-1280.jpg

DSC_0130-1280.jpg

Wow looks like they had a really bad rep, do tell me more about your past experiences with them. I'm going to put a complaint forward to mad motors to hope get a refund, but also so theyre aware of the problem and stop using those guys as suppliers.

I'm very happy with the way the car has turned out, so I probably wont go for arches in the future. Also, my wife will kill me if I spend any more on bodywork! I may as well post the pics here to show you what I mean.. more pics coming soon (5 minutes or so)..

More pics from the build:

My car naked :blush:

2ac1816d.jpg

f08a3393.jpg

The parts layed out:

74bd5796.jpg

The front bumper - it had a massive dip in the middle and the fitting around the reflector was horrendous. Needed a lot of work doing

3b0f142c.jpg

The rear bumper, also awful fitting and need a massive amount of work. There was also a massive unexplained gap in the licence plate area that had to be filled.

a7302201.jpg

2c3a84a2.jpg

And finally the arches - horrendous fitting. The only option would have been to cut them into pieces, stick them to the car, fibreglass over the bits, use the piece to create a mould and then make a new set of arches from that mould!! :rant:

ee748307.jpg

65398804.jpg

610b5ab3.jpg

436e88ab.jpg

40f79e5c.jpg

3b005a0b.jpg

f270c7cb.jpg

Please tell me more about these guys that make these kits, they've cost me an absolute fortune in additional labour!!

Very nicely done :thumbs:

Bit to "heavy" for my taste but it does look stunning well done to the guys who fitted it.

Having said tha pic 6 looks well B)

As for the wide arches ... O dear they don't look like they were designed for a Zed, very poor show.

looks good mate despite the awful problem and expense. looks fine without the arches and that way you wont have to look for larger wheels and spacers. :thumbs:

I'm happy without the arches now, and I was beginning to worry about the cost of a new set of alloys. Quite like the ones on there now although I'm considering some forged Rays

link to my post on forged rays

Thanks for all the info on Rik, wish I'd done more research on the forum before buying!

Car looks great mate. Well done to Lee and the boys. I know exactly the pain you went through although I think I got lucky with mine from Rik!! Would be good to see it at the Lakez and like Martin said have a modified roadster section.

Even without the arches I still think you need aggressive wheels on this kit. :thumbs: