NEVER let the Mrs smoke in the zed......

Androo

Hi there guys, today is a bad day. Yesterday a fag got stubbed out on my roof lining, I'm not gonna lie, I could have screamed on the spot

I now have a delightful fag end size hole in the roof.

Any idea on my options? From where I see it, I can either get another, but have no idea of the cost of a lining and labour to fit, or, buy a sun visor and use the material to get it patched professionally.

If the second, does anyone know of a professional in the Sussex or surrey area they can recommend?

Thanks

lol you buggers :lol: im crying on the inside really lol

Heres some pictures - the smudges come from this

"Uh oh" - Her

"QUICK!!!" - Me

GET IT OFF NOW!!!!! - Me

So it was brushed off rather promptly....

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0261.jpg

IMAG0260.jpg

Apart from the input from a few resident clowns

That's not very nice to call Beavis a Clown :lol:

Water off a ducks back after been called a lot worse :lol:

Looks like you will need to replace the roof lining. Might be worth a :pmzmanalex: or :pmr35lee: to see if they have one spare :)

There was some company repairing exactly that sort of damage outside Halfords the other day - Did a good job as well!

Buggered if I can remeber the company but I'm sure my mate picked up a flyer will ask him for you, it's not you area but I'm sure its a franchise type mobile thing.

BTW I think your taking it very well I'd be bouncing :bounce:

Water off a ducks back after been called a lot worse :lol:

I am already a clown..... hence the Avatar, so welcome to the club :thumbs: ....... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

+1 on :pmzmanalex: :pmr35lee: for a new roof lining

I guess you could try to clean it off to make it less noticeable..... but it will never be gone :console:

Ah, but perhaps we didn't hear the whole story...

He: I wonder what mod to go for next?

She: How about getting me a nice pair of shoes for a change, you have spent far too much on this car

He: Shoes? Good idea, needed new tyres might as well get new wheels!

She: I meant shoes for me!!!

He: You can get your own shoes

She: I'll hold your car hostage!!! (holds cigarette in a threatening manner)

He: You wouldn't dare!

She: Watch Me!

"Uh oh" - Her

"QUICK!!!" - Me

GET IT OFF NOW!!!!! - Me

So it was brushed off rather promptly....

Bit late now, but depending on how long you plan to keep the car, if the owner/passengers have smoked in the car and you want to sell the car in the future, cigarette smoke is one of the hardest smells to get rid of and could make it harder to sell the car.

Hi guys, thanks for all the help, I'll try out that link, thanks dude, also will pm around for lining prices , from what I gather its getting the right glue that's most important.

LOL yes, obviously accidental, or I'd be referring to her as the ex lol

Bit late now, but depending on how long you plan to keep the car, if the owner/passengers have smoked in the car and you want to sell the car in the future, cigarette smoke is one of the hardest smells to get rid of and could make it harder to sell the car.

+1, My wfe's Audi TT absolutely stunk after she'd owned it for 3 years, in fact I found it very unpleasant to travel anywhere in. Cars with leather seats retain the smell and we never managed to get rid of the odour of stale tobacco. On top of that the headlining gradually turns yellow and the windows constantly need cleaning. She has however learned her lesson and never smokes in her Roadster :) .

Pete

Meh, im a smoker too, and its easy to get out, with a good upholstery clean etc, so prep before sale doesnt bother me too much to be honest.

Its more the damn hole in there!

And no, lol, i just screwed up my face and swore a lot in my head