I think I've created a monster!!

The G Man

Got my Zed brand spanking new last September. Great, well pleased with every aspect (could do with an incab boot release, but hey ho). At the time I was just off of crutches after a bad ankle twist with deltoid liagament damage (still not right), so didn't really get to drive her much in the beginning.

As much as I tried, and before the onset of our heaviest winter in years, I couldn't get my good lady to drive the Zed, she had only just got used to the 8 (after 4 1/2 years) and was enjoying that when I traded it in. Gentle cajoling, bribes, smooching (yeuch!!), all failed to get my good lady interested in driving her. Valley trackday I thought, that's just the place to have a go, wide track, huge run offs and a well disciplined attendance of fellow car enthusiasts, nope!!, after ONE, yes ONE of five sighting laps, driven by me, no way was she going to drive!

Tried to get her to drive on Mway, A roads, B roads, various times of the day and on different days, nope, wasn't happening!!

Today, her cars exhaust bracket for the hanger, split. Can't use that I tell her, needs fixing, could drop off. Use mine I said, I'll go round the block with you and see what you think. Sure enough, she gets in, adjusts the seat, mirrors, steering wheel etc, foot on clutch and presses the start. A stupid grin appeared as she set off, nice and gently round our crescent, ok lets go a little further I said.

As she changed down a gear, the rev match kicked in, "What's that?" she asked, told her (I told her about it a couple of dozen times before, without success of brain penetration), "Ooooh, I like that", she chuckled, then we went for a drive and visit to a garden centre, she started to short shift up and down the box, just to hear the throttle blip, and everytime she did it she let out an exited, "Grrrrrrr", this got louder and more manic, until it got to the point where she was shouting to cars in front, "Grrrrrrr, get out my way, Grrrrr" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've created a monster now, who has finally stuck the spare key in her handbag, I fear yesterday at the Springmeet will be the last drive of my beloved Zed :byebye:

It actually got worse, "I love the gearchange in this", "The steering wheel has a lovely feel", "I love the driving position" and other inflamitory comments!! I even found myself commenting "Yes, love, but think of the poor side vision", "Look, you're only getting 10mpg, very thirsty you know".

Ended with, "can I drive home from your mums?", too late, she was out her mums in record time and in the drivers seat before I could say "Boo" :help:

hahaha go linda :#1:

thats you put in the passenger seat now big stuff. The womens taking over. Wait till the hfc's are in she'll love it even more.

It does allow you to spend more money on the car now that she will benefit from it lol

Wait.... Hold on a minute.... I'm not getting this...

U persuaded ur wife on numerous occasions to drive ur zed?? :scare: I met u yesterday for the first time and realised pretty quickly that ur a bit mental... But ur off ur f*kin head!! Most of us put in the same effort to keep our other halves away from the steering wheel! :lol:

Wait.... Hold on a minute.... I'm not getting this...

U persuaded ur wife on numerous occasions to drive ur zed?? :scare: I met u yesterday for the first time and realised pretty quickly that ur a bit mental... But ur off ur f*kin head!! Most of us put in the same effort to keep our other halves away from the steering wheel! :lol:

actually get a short shifter and you'll be sorted, she wont wanna go near it :D

Cant wait to see your Zed parked up next to mine in the work car park! :clap:

Linda always told me she didn't like it because she couldn't see over the bonnet! :lol: Changed her mind pretty quick! :lol:

Well, latest update :scare:

She was giving lifts home to her badminton mates today :headhurt:

Stu, that'll be the next trick she pulls :wacko: Looks like I'm having to get myself a shed :thumbdown: , my youngest is always driving Linda's, Linda's now driving mine, other daugher won't let me drive her Cooper S (I always stick the sport setting on) I got the fruckin'train to work today :angry::bangin:

only option, shed or bike :blush:

Edit: or divorce :bang:

Cant wait to see your Zed parked up next to mine in the work car park! :clap:

Linda always told me she didn't like it because she couldn't see over the bonnet! :lol: Changed her mind pretty quick! :lol:

Well, latest update :scare:

She was giving lifts home to her badminton mates today :headhurt:

Stu, that'll be the next trick she pulls :wacko: Looks like I'm having to get myself a shed :thumbdown: , my youngest is always driving Linda's, Linda's now driving mine, other daugher won't let me drive her Cooper S (I always stick the sport setting on) I got the fruckin'train to work today :angry::bangin:

only option, shed or bike :blush:

Edit: or divorce :bang:

what times the train tomorrow big man? better get walking :lol: