shall I buy this car for £6500? 24 hours to decide

skidder

If you decide to buy it, PLEASE PLEASE get a FULL hpi check on it if nothing else. Have you seen the V5 doc registered in his name to his address? You know you can check all the old M.O.Ts online with either the V5 reference number or the number off the most recent M.O.T. This may also be useful when trying to track service history as it will give you an idea where the car was. .Also do an online check from letters on reg plate to see area it was originally registered.

Hope this helps a bit.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You get what you pay for... no such thing as a bargain. If its under priced then there will be a reason for it. Oh and wealthy folks are often the tightest. Sorry but caveat emptor......... :thumbdown:

Sometimes.

The seller of mine turned out to be a debt collector......so maybe it wasn't even his car to sell! (paperwork checked out as did the usual checks)

Oh, and Nissan did a health check on it for me and reported all OK except the brakes in need of replacing - which I'm doing at the moment.

right...

The guys phoned me and its got 12 months ticket on it now.Only advisory is break pads.

Hes asking me if I want it for £6500. I've stalled him as I've got to arrange a lift.

Shall I low ball him at £6000?

At £6000 I think its a great deal. £6500 is a no go for me.

What do you all think...?

Cheers in advance

Purchased for £6400.

Possibly the deal of the year!!

Amazing car. I really cannot express the joy this car brings me!

Its in burning red. This cars torque really takes the biscuit.It just feels like it needs to be driven hard and is unhappy in a slow environment.

Clutch is quite hard work on the legs, a little stiff but I guess this is usual.

Not a scratch on this motor!

Absolutely sensational!

Will post pics when I can.

Thanks for your advice on this one.

He managed to find all 3 keys, some more service history, all in all 5 stamps. 4xP1 and 1xP2.Still a few gaps though..Is the burning red quite a rare colour?(not the cherry red)...

This baby drives like a dream and stops on a dime!

Absolutely sensational!!

What a car!!

congrats on the purchase

but zeds for 6500 now? thats a shame! dont deserve to come into civic type R ( of the same year ) money. i still thought seeing a zed for 8k was cheap!

i would have probably bought this car though. all the itty gritty stuff i dont mind putting work in to make it mint

Well, a bit of an update after my first weeks motoring and 500 miles.

So far I haven't had an issue whatsoever.

It took me a bit of getting used to. i.e. the heavy clutch and stalled it a few times in 1st(much to the dislike of my rear drivers!!)

I even found a bluetooth module stuck in the rear compartment(links with my HTC a treat!)

Unfortunately maybe once an hour the dodgy bose cd jumps for no reason whatsoever.Not a big deal i suppose.

But what really impresses me about this car is the driving experience.It really is sensational.It actually makes me laugh when I see a bmw or a jag rammed up my behind.I just wave in my rear view mirror saying 'goodbye' and leave them for dust.Its nearly comical!

This car really is happiest cruising long distances.The MPG is pretty good cruising but obviously round town is a bit naff but heh I didnt buy this car to watch the petrol gauge!

As soon as I start this car it sounds and looks the dogs bollocks.

Everybody loves the look of this car.

I have not a single regret.

Thanks for all your advice.

Chris

I am actually finding myself driving SLOWER now I have this, I almost don't feel the need to give it the boot when I know it will blow away chaff like 318's etc. Any reason to drive it and I am out there and away 'need something from the supermarket hon?' - 'ok let me go get it for you...' :lol:

Walking towards the house last night and saw a guy with his girl slowing right down to have a look at it as well, just had a proper shine wax clay etc so was looking mint. She seemed utterly unimpressed as he walked at snails pace having a look at it...!